£50M Question

Dan Gleebals

Listening to recent comments from Alex Ferguson about the amount of money now in the premiership, I was wondering just how much money that is?  How is it split between the clubs?  How will it impact us?

He seems surprised that many clubs (especially Chelsea and Arsenal) have not spent big money.  In the case of Chelsea I can understand this - they have spent a lot over the last few seasons.  In the case of Arsenal, maybe the new ground is having an impact on spending.

Looking at Liverpool, they are suddenly spending big money (although they have got a lot back).

Wondering where this leaves us.  How much of this TV money will get to big Sam?  Whilst I would never advocate the board saying what we have to spend, I wonder how much of this money will be used for players or instead reducing the debts that Ashley (in addition to buying the club) has inherited.

Looking a recent signings, and no significant money spent, I wonder which way it will go.  Are all the recent rumours well founded or paper talk?

With a highly wealthy man at the helm and all this new money, I wonder.  I have never been convinced trophy signings will work (we know that more than most).  That does not mean big money spent (Torres for example) is not money well spent.

I like the moves we have made in the transfer market and think we are doing the right thing.  Its only July and a lot can happen, but to even thinking about competing with the big 4 and the likes of Tottenham, I think the big money will need to come out soon.  Will it happen?

Listening to recent comments from Alex Ferguson about the amount of money now in the premiership, I was wondering just how much money that is?  How is it split between the clubs?  How will it impact us?

He seems surprised that many clubs (especially Chelsea and Arsenal) have not spent big money.  In the case of Chelsea I can understand this - they have spent a lot over the last few seasons.  In the case of Arsenal, maybe the new ground is having an impact on spending.

Looking at Liverpool, they are suddenly spending big money (although they have got a lot back).

Wondering where this leaves us.  How much of this TV money will get to big Sam?  Whilst I would never advocate the board saying what we have to spend, I wonder how much of this money will be used for players or instead reducing the debts that Ashley (in addition to buying the club) has inherited.

Looking a recent signings, and no significant money spent, I wonder which way it will go.  Are all the recent rumours well founded or paper talk?

With a highly wealthy man at the helm and all this new money, I wonder.  I have never been convinced trophy signings will work (we know that more than most).  That does not mean big money spent (Torres for example) is not money well spent.

I like the moves we have made in the transfer market and think we are doing the right thing.  Its only July and a lot can happen, but to even thinking about competing with the big 4 and the likes of Tottenham, I think the big money will need to come out soon.  Will it happen?

Not this window.

We do need a couple of big signings -- for branding purposes and to get neutrals interested -- and I'm sure that Ashley understands that. Good that SA is commencing with a sensible spell of squad-building. Need some stars too, though, in today's game.

We do need a couple of big signings -- for branding purposes and to get neutrals interested -- and I'm sure that Ashley understands that. Good that SA is commencing with a sensible spell of squad-building. Need some stars too, though, in today's game.

On the button Ozzie and ideally foreigners who will spread the emotional relationship with the brand in their homeland. :razz:

In all fairness to us,we always get at least one big signing every year and I def think it will happen again before new season starts!Think Sam has made some sensible signings so far,hopefully another 4 or 5 to come in!

Guest Invicta_Toon

ashley is taking the TV money for himself. why do you think all these takeovers have been happening?

To put all this into perspective Abramovitch's personal wealth is now £12billion and his assets are £200+billion.

His assets are 200 BILLION?

I think that's somewhat exaggerated. Britain's richest 1000 people together have assets worth 250bn, according to Forbes.

To put all this into perspective Abramovitch's personal wealth is now £12billion and his assets are £200+billion.

I think that's somewhat exaggerated. Britain's richest 1000 people together have assets worth 250bn, according to Forbes.

Net worth of £9billion+. Surely that would include all his assets?

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_Roman-Abramovich_DG3G.html

Net worth of £9billion+. Surely that would include all his assets?

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/10/07billionaires_Roman-Abramovich_DG3G.html

And yet he still obviously doesn't own a razor and shops in Geordie Jeans. How can someone so rich continue to look like a tramp?

To put all this into perspective Abramovitch's personal wealth is now $12billion and his assets are $20+billion. EDIT

Correction $20 Billion. :blush:

I think it is probably double that in all reality.

But.....they don't own oil fields, access and drilling rights to huge asian gas fields, assests that inc the 10% of the world supply of alluminium.

40 odd companies registered around the world.

They're not best mates with Putin.

Sibneft 2nd largest oil concern in Russia is pretty much his.

10% of Yukos largest oil company in Russia 4th largest arguably in the world

Holdings in Lucoil 3rd largest.

Holdings in the largest Indo Russian alluminium conglomorates..Sibal (Siberian Alluminium alone is worth $3 billion to him)

Estimated cost and running of his fleet of 5 yachts with 2 in build and his 737 alone is €500m+

Holdings in AzSp

Property portfolio in the region of €70m

TV stations

This is just the stuff we can see.

2nd most powerful man in Russia imo.

In all fairness to us,we always get at least one big signing every year and I def think it will happen again before new season starts!

Who can forgot the summer we signed only Bowyer or the one the summer that shocked the football world when SBR signed Cort & Basseda. I think in all fairness we dont sign a big signing every summer it just seems like we do.

Yep, $20 billion and the rest is in the realm of the boggling, but believable..

He started with just a toy factory back in the day.

And a little importing Lada's from Poland scam allegedly.

Romans $'s,£'s,€'s & руб's have taken pounding since he got divorced. Obv he is not sleeping in the bandstand in Wallsend park drinking cans of Ace of larger & shouting "THE BITCH" but I bet she got some wedge off him.