Joorabchian and MSI wanted by Interpol for money laundering.

Parky

Arrest order issued for Tevez's agent accused of money laundering.

Tom Phillips in Rio de Janeiro and Matt Scott

Friday July 13, 2007

The Guardian

"A Brazilian judge yesterday ordered the arrest of Kia Joorabchian, the Iranian-born businessman who acts as the agent to West Ham's Carlos Tevez , after a two-year investigation into accusations of money laundering in Brazil.

Joorabchian, one of the businessmen behind the Media Sports Investments group which launched an unsuccessful takeover bid of West Ham last year, is accused of participating in a money-laundering racket involving the Brazilian club, Corinthians. MSI, a subsidiary of an offshore investment company, has been under investigation in Brazil since it took over the club in December 2004. Officials from the Brazilian intelligence agency are also known to have looked into the company's background but until now no concrete action has been taken."

You would think this kind of stuff and the recent intervention of the PL would be enough to stop Fergie pursuing the Tevez deal.

The ruling of West Ham needing to receive a transfer payment of an amount associated with the players value still seems to be the stance.

I know it's ManU but this time I think red nose has bitten off more than he can chew.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2125480,00.html

Nothing has changed though if you take away the media hype, Tevez will not be at West Ham next year whatever happens and Man U can just take him on loan.

Nothing has changed though if you take away the media hype, Tevez will not be at West Ham next year whatever happens and Man U can just take him on loan.

PL are blocking the loan.

Point deductions etc loom. blueyes.gif

:D

Based on West Ham saying they ripped up the contract and now own Tevez, which is hillarious and would never hold up in court. As Kia Joorabchian says "If you borrow someone's car, then tear up the log book, that doesn't make you the car's owner."

I think the PL are backing West Ham into a corner here and when Tevez does leave West Ham the PL will finally take action.

Based on West Ham saying they ripped up the contract and now own Tevez, which is hillarious and would never hold up in court. As Kia Joorabchian says "If you borrow someone's car, then tear up the log book, that doesn't make you the car's owner."

I think the PL are backing West Ham into a corner here and when Tevez does leave West Ham the PL will finally take action.

I think we and Chelsea need to get involved and lodge protests. It's ridiculous this carry on continues.

Guest Invicta_Toon

who was the mong who said it was really great that we now have all these foreigners on massive wages in the league now?

I think we and Chelsea need to get involved and lodge protests. It's ridiculous this carry on continues.

Why bother getting involved when we can sit back and warm ourselves from the glow....

Why bother getting involved when we can sit back and warm ourselves from the glow....

Because as Jose will tell you there are many ways to destabalise the competition. Fergie is taking the piss with this and needs to be pulled up on it. How can they loan a player from a club who don't allegedly actually own the player?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Because as Jose will tell you there are many ways to destabalise the competition. Fergie is taking the piss with this and needs to be pulled up on it. How can they loan a player from a club who don't allegedly actually own the player?

because if they don't own the player then the whole West Ham / Sheff Utd episode has been a farce and challengable in court

The FA had the chance to clear this all up and they fucked it up big time. They should have clarified who actually 'owned' Tevez and punished West Ham properly.

Don't think it could have been handled any worse than it has been.

This whole thing is so confusing, I wonder what will happen at the Sheffield Utd appeal.

How was Mascherano's transfer to Liverpool allowed by the PL then?

Because West Ham gave up his registration and Liverpool were able to loan him from MSI. There is nothing wrong with third party's owning players the issue is with West Ham claiming they own the player.

Best left to Chelsea then imo....

I think West Ham will buy out Tevez's contract from MSI and receive that exact amount for the transfer to Man Utd.  Net gain for West Ham of £0.

I suppose West Ham won't be able be able to declare they've bought his registration because they are already meant to have it .: MSI will be able to charge what they like because West Ham will be F**ked if make it an issue.

West Ham fans will be left wondering where all the money for the Tevez transfer went.

I think West Ham will buy out Tevez's contract from MSI and receive that exact amount for the transfer to Man Utd.  Net gain for West Ham of £0.

I suppose West Ham won't be able be able to declare they've bought his registration because they are already meant to have it .: MSI will be able to charge what they like because West Ham will be F**ked if make it an issue.

West Ham fans will be left wondering where all the money for the Tevez transfer went.

I'd love to see Sam or Chris Mort make a comment about this. Do you really think if the boot was on the other foot Fergie would hold his tongue?

IMO we need to start taking issue with any top 4 club where we think there is some psychological mischief to be had. :razz:

The likes of ManU and media darlings Arsenal have had it their own way for too long.

Yeah, because this is Man Utd's fault obviously.

Besides which, why would Interpol want Joorabchian?  Is he going to sing?  Play bass?

Read up on it first before your silly comments simmer. :tongue:

Besides which, why would Interpol want Joorabchian?  Is he going to sing?  Play bass?

I have.  How is the mess over his registration Man Utd's fault?  Why should they be punished?

I have.  How is the mess over his registration Man Utd's fault?  Why should they be punished?

A question better addressed to the PL don't you think?

Rudiments of the arguments can be found here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/07/06/sfnfro106.xml

Some of the comments are interesting..

Dear oh Dear this tevez situation aint that confusing.

The main issue was one of third party "interference". This is why West Ham were fined because the original contract allowed Joorabchian a say in what West Ham did with Tevez.

For the last 3 games this clause was "torn up".

Lets make it clear West Ham have never "owned" Tevez they merely have his registration rights.

The whole scenario is like a club loaning a player. The club that loans cannot dictate what games the player plays in, this is "third party interference"

The only solution is to stop loan deals in the same division. This used to be the case so why not now?

The Premier League have a lot to do i think.

Posted by Nick Sutcliffe on July 7, 2007 5:45 PM