Where's The Beef?

Tsunami

I think people are unhappy about us being linked with s**** like Queudrue and Young rather than us not spending millions tbh.

Hit the nail on the head.

I couldn't give a crap about prices, it's the quality of players we're (apparently) chasing. Gradually we're after poorer players and that's reason for concern in my book. Are we struggling to attract the players necessary to improve us? Is there no money in the kitty? Why are we looking at midtable players like Young and Queudrue? Young and Queudrue would be very much like the signings of Babayaro and Carr.

Indeed. I've said this before and got attacked for it, but I'd like us to at least be linked with some younger players whose best days are in front of them, not behind them. Rather take the risk on them than extremely average players in their late 20s.

To be fair though I'd rather we had a decent squad right now then we can bring in the "potential" players.

Oh, agreed. I'd like us to finish getting a decent squad sorted first too, but at the same time I'd like us to bring in some "potential" players in the same way Liverpool do.

Liverpool can attract these players due to:

1) Having a high quality squad

2) Having successive top 4 finishes

3) Always in europe with success.

Something we lack atm.

Eh?

I was thinking more of all these young Hungarian/Bulgarian/Spanish/Italian etc etc teenagers. Not the likes of Babel, Torres etc.

Liverpool perhaps weren't the best example and I suppose I'm being pretty unfair on Big Sam atm, but still. Just a link with 1 or 2 "potential" players would be nice, at some point during this window (not expecting them now). Give them a chance to settle in this forthcoming season when the pressures not on so much and people aren't expecting a great deal due to it being a new era and all that.

I think people are unhappy about us being linked with s**** like Queudrue and Young rather than us not spending millions tbh.

I couldn't give a crap about prices, it's the quality of players we're (apparently) chasing. Gradually we're after poorer players and that's reason for concern in my book. Are we struggling to attract the players necessary to improve us? Is there no money in the kitty? Why are we looking at midtable players like Young and Queudrue? Young and Queudrue would be very much like the signings of Babayaro and Carr.

Indeed. I've said this before and got attacked for it, but I'd like us to at least be linked with some younger players whose best days are in front of them, not behind them. Rather take the risk on them than extremely average players in their late 20s.

To be fair though I'd rather we had a decent squad right now then we can bring in the "potential" players.

Baines is already a better player than Quedrue is at this point in time however, yet he has the potential to become even better.. That is what we should be looking for in youngsters.. At 6 million he isn't overpriced either..

Oh, agreed. I'd like us to finish getting a decent squad sorted first too, but at the same time I'd like us to bring in some "potential" players in the same way Liverpool do.

Something we lack atm.

Eh?

I'm was thinking more of all these young Hungarian/Bulgurian/Spanish/Italian etc etc teenagers. Not the likes of Babel, Torres etc.

Liverpool perhaps weren't the best example and I suppose I'm being pretty unfair on Big Sam atm, but still. Just a link with 1 or 2 "potential" players would be nice, at some point during this window (not expecting them now).

I knew what you meant Mel.  :thup:

Liverpool recently brought a clutch of about 6 young players to the club from here, there and everywhere. Chances are that they'll have a look at them and sell them on but there might just be a Fabregas or a Toure in amongst that lot. I think they're taking their lead from Wenger who's been doing this for a few years now and he's found some cracking players.

I'd love us to do the same. 

Something we lack atm.

Eh?

I'm was thinking more of all these young Hungarian/Bulgurian/Spanish/Italian etc etc teenagers. Not the likes of Babel, Torres etc.

Liverpool perhaps weren't the best example and I suppose I'm being pretty unfair on Big Sam atm, but still. Just a link with 1 or 2 "potential" players would be nice, at some point during this window (not expecting them now).

Liverpool recently brought a clutch of about 6 young players to the club from here, there and everywhere. Chances are that they'll have a look at them and sell them on but there might just be a Fabregas or a Toure in amongst that lot. I think they're taking their lead from Wenger who's been doing this for a few years now and he's found some cracking players.

Sorry I misunderstood.

I reckon Sam should get out FM!

Get Martial Riff in! :lol:

18th i think actually.

how is the duscher thing comical btw? he is a highly rated dm, available for free, we brought him here, he's overweight and unfit and sent packing. basically what should have happened to bernard last year and kluivert 3 years ago.

I think you have answered your own question.

I think you need to stop smoking crack.

? Hands up if your think we should be giving trials to overweight & unfit players? Sam wasn't even there to see him the first day. Complete waste of time.

What?.. that's the point of a trial for f*** sake!  Until you give a player like this a trial you won't know for sure if they're unfit or what other problems they might have.  Duscher is obviously a player Allardyce has seen in the past and been interest in.  But given the problems he's had at Depor (lack of fitness ect) and the fact he's been released it was decided to give him a short trial to see if he's still the same player or not.  Obviously he isn't the same player and so he was sent away.  Exactly the way a trial should work.. again, what on earth are you complaning about?

Stop quoting that horrific "I'm was..." error.

:'(

Something we lack atm.

Eh?

Sorry I misunderstood.

I reckon Sam should get out FM!

Get Martial Riff in! :lol:

What error? ;)

even if we dont sign any more players, i still think we have a better squad than last season- and will still finish higher. with the rest of the transfer window still to go and the fact we hve signed 4 players lready, whats the problem?

Err.. what would our defense (first team and subs) look like? Do you think this would be Premiership standard?

If finishing higher is good enough, will 12th do? Is that why we're all so upbeat: we've finished so low last season statistical chances are much bigger we will finish in a higher position?

The people who need a reality check are those who think we couldn't attract Leighton Baines to Newcastle. The guy survived relegation on the last day of the season at Wigan, they're going nowhere fast. If we stump up the money we'll get him, and we may very well have that left back spot sewn up for the next 10 years.

Guest optimistic nit

aye i would like to be linked to some youth as well, but at the same time i think we could do with some experience. get youth players like rose and (dare i say it) barnes, or ones that are still in the academy like arsenal and liverpool have done.

if allerdyce thinks quedrue and young will improve the team then i'm happy with him buying them, as i do too. its not about getting CL in our first season, its about getting a working unit of 11 starting players and a good squad as well. it was like playing without fullbacks at times last season these two were so bad.

Guest optimistic nit

18th i think actually.

how is the duscher thing comical btw? he is a highly rated dm, available for free, we brought him here, he's overweight and unfit and sent packing. basically what should have happened to bernard last year and kluivert 3 years ago.

? Hands up if your think we should be giving trials to overweight & unfit players? Sam wasn't even there to see him the first day. Complete waste of time.

What?.. that's the point of a trial for f*** sake!  Until you give a player like this a trial you won't know for sure if they're unfit or what other problems they might have.  Duscher is obviously a player Allardyce has seen in the past and been interest in.  But given the problems he's had at Depor (lack of fitness ect) and the fact he's been released it was decided to give him a short trial to see if he's still the same player or not.  Obviously he isn't the same player and so he was sent away.  Exactly the way a trial should work.. again, what on earth are you complaning about?

oops i missed this post by tsunami. as said, whats the point of a trial if you cant find out stuff like this. sam doesn't have an all seeing magic eye of players fitness that enables him to know whether a player he hasn't even met has let himself go a bit, the guy had just been on holiday as well. We didn't know he was overweight and unfit, that was the porpoise of the trial, to find out stuff like that, and when we did, he was sent packing.

18th i think actually.

oops i missed this post by tsunami. as said, whats the point of a trial if you cant find out stuff like this. sam doesn't have an all seeing magic eye of players fitness that enables him to know whether a player he hasn't even met has let himself go a bit, the guy had just been on holiday as well. We didn't know he was overweight and unfit, that was the porpoise of the trial, to find out stuff like that, and when we did, he was sent packing.

The point is we should have known he was overweight & unfit & we could have done some homework before inviting him over - the Depor forums suggested this & no-one else has offered the guy a trial. Get real please.

Why are we in a position where we had to invite an unfit player over for a trial? Please don't reply along the lines that the Depor forums are neither here nor there. If Sam had fancied him he'd have given him at least another week. It was a pointless excercise & raises questions over why we even considered that route. Surely you can see that?

Guest optimistic nit

why should be have known that he is unfit before inviting him over here?

what have we lost with this "pointless excersise?

we sent him home (if indeed we did). because he was unfit. that kind of suggests we didn't know how unfit he was before bringing him, or we thought we could work with his fitness.

you make no sense.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I don't think we'll be getting 2 LB's. Sam may have decided Babayaro is worth another go, and getting one more LB in gives competition for places.

If come the end of July the situation is the same as now we have a right to be concerned.

However, all said and done I'd stake everything I own that the team is going to perform a lot better next season purely down to the new regime. If Europe is achieved, and I believe it is achievable, then we will see what the score is in respect of Ashleys ambitions.

I think Fulham are probably ready to sell Querdrue, they've signed Konchesky.

Is Querdue good enough to be first choice with Baba as reserve?

I don't think we'll be getting 2 LB's. Sam may have decided Babayaro is worth another go, and getting one more LB in gives competition for places.

If come the end of July the situation is the same as now we have a right to be concerned.

However, all said and done I'd stake everything I own that the team is going to perform a lot better next season purely down to the new regime. If Europe is achieved, and I believe it is achievable, then we will see what the score is in respect of Ashleys ambitions.

I think Fulham are probably ready to sell Querdrue, they've signed Konchesky.

Is Querdue good enough to be first choice with Baba as reserve?

No.

we sent him home (if indeed we did). because he was unfit. that kind of suggests we didn't know how unfit he was before bringing him, or we thought we could work with his fitness.

you make no sense.

I almost give up. We could have checked basic fitness levels before he came over. If Sam fancied him his current fitness levels would have been taken into consideration & he would have been given a week or two. Sam wasn't at training for his first day. His fitness would not improve in the two days he was there.

Conclusion: Sam didn't really fancy him but through circumstance made him give it a half hearted shot

Question: Why did Sam have to go down this route?

No.

While he's not exactly somebody I want, he's still better than playing Ramage, Huntington or Carr on the left, in that sense we'll have improved on last season.

I almost give up. We could have checked basic fitness levels before he came over. If Sam fancied him his current fitness levels would have been taken into consideration & he would have been given a week or two. Sam wasn't at training for his first day. His fitness would not improve in the two days he was there.

Conclusion: Sam didn't really fancy him but through circumstance made him give it a half hearted shot

How could Allardyce check his fitness without seeing him?  What would you have said if we'd waited and somebody else took him and he turned out to be a good player?

We've lost nothing in this, we've looked and said no thanks.

Guest optimistic nit

you make no sense.

maybe we could have but a) how would we have done this, baring in mind he's been on holiday since the end of the season and b) why would we do this, instead of inviting him for a trial? what does your method give us that a trial doesn't. we can get a better representation of the player by trialing him.

you make no sense.

SA: Alright Aldo, you fat?

AD: What?

SA: Are you a big fatty fat fat?

AD: Er no

SA: Alright fancy a trial?

AD: Will be there tomorrow Mr Allardyce

Flys over, arrives at training ground.

LC: Fuck off you lying fat cunt!

Flys home.

No.

While he's not exactly somebody I want, he's still better than playing Ramage, Huntington or Carr on the left, in that sense we'll have improved on last season.

Isn't that similar to us replacing Hughes and Griffin with Carr?

On paper a better move not because of ability he's shown last season, but what he was like over a year ago.

Queudrue isn't good enough and we'll never get anywhere with the likes of him and Young in the starting 11 every week.

Guest optimistic nit

you make no sense.

SA: Alright Aldo, you fat?

AD: What?

SA: Are you a big fatty fat fat?

AD: Er no

SA: Alright fancy a trial?

AD: Will be there tomorrow Mr Allardyce

Flys over, arrives at training ground.

LC: Fuck off you lying fat cunt!

Flys home.

:lol: