Time to show your hand Mr. Ashley

Guest Guinness

I can see both points of view tbh, on the one hand we've got over 6 weeks before the transfer window closes so it's still a little early to start worrying yet, however we had this attitude last summer of presuming everything would be ok and it came back to bite us on the arse, also the quality of defenders we've been linked with aren't up to much.

Quaudrue(sp?) and Young are not good enough, that's not suggesting we should be aiming for Alves or Ashley Cole but we should definitely be aiming for better, it's got nothing to do with us having a billionaire owner as I wouldn't of been happy with this pair under the old board either, we've already proven this summer that we can pick quality up cheap so it's what we should be aiming to do with defenders if the money isn't there.

I agree with Verlaine that we've got plenty of quality in the midfield and attack, however our defense is awful and is never going to improve with average players like this, I'm willing to go with Allardyce's judgement on Rozenhal and Fanni if he goes for him as I've never seen the pair of them play before, however there's no chance I'll be following him with blind faith if he's going to sign players that I think are s****, we need better and we should be aiming higher.

Back in January we had bids for both Crouch and Davies turned down as their clubs didn't want to sell at the time, as far as I'm concerned that money should still be available for transfers and if it isn't then I'm interested to know why, it'll be a kick in the teeth if our new billionaire owner doesn't back his manager like Shepherd did.

Fair enough, but our business so far pisses all over last year's debacle already. Sure we still need quality at the back but Allardyce has said time and again that he knows this and is working to bring four new players/defenders in. He spent a lot of effort getting Bolton hard to beat and I trust him to do the same here, whether he has millions to spend or not. The key this year for me is to get us back towards the European spots, if we can do that without spending big i'll be happy. It gives Ashley's team chance to fix the books as required and move on. That way we can spend and push on properly next year when we can attract the better players without simply flashing money at them.

I'm not bothered who we get linked with, i'm bothered who actually signs. There is often a significant difference.

Would you be happy to start the season with Quaudrue and Young as fullbacks?

I'm happy with the players he's brought in, very happy in fact, however I'm not going to support any old shite he sign's just because it's Allardyce.

As for Ashley, the jury is still open on him and what is his intentions are, lets hope we don't end up with someone worse than the outgoing lot.

Would you be happy to start the season with Quaudrue and Young as fullbacks?

We could do a lot worse, though equally we could do better. However, if we have little available cash at this point they are clear improvements to the team and squad for small money. Only linked anyway, nowt to say they will be here.

I'm happy with the players he's brought in, very happy in fact, however I'm not going to support any old shite he sign's just because it's Allardyce.

I'm not suggesting you do. The rules are different now, but let's be honest, we brought Allardyce in partly for his prudence in the transfer market. It's a bit churlish to suggest he forgets all that just because we have new ownership.

As for Ashley, the jury is still open on him and what is his intentions are, lets hope we don't end up with someone worse than the outgoing lot.

Absolutely.

Guest optimistic nit

indications are that he will spend big, but i would rather he spent big when we could actually attract big as well. manure spend 17mill on nani, spurs on bent. i'd rather we were a manu than a spurs.

Guest Verlaine

indications are that he will spend big, but i would rather he spent big when we could actually attract big as well. manure spend 17mill on nani, spurs on bent. i'd rather we were a manu than a spurs.

Very much so. We have to think long-term here. Just because we're owned by a very rich man, it doesn't mean that massive spending this summer won't hamper our finances in the long-run. Sam's improved the team already, and it was already- on paper- a top 6 side. Now we have a manager who is hopefully capable of getting us there next season, and then we can kick on some more. No sense spending for the sake of it.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Eff orf. ;)

You're not going to panic, are you?

What if I reminded you that at this time next week we'll be looking at week 4, are the palms sweating?

Do you have perspiration developing on your top lip?

Yeah man, it's salty. I'm positively shitting myself at all these players no-nowt hacks are filling their pages with.

Seriously though, i'm happy with our business so far, there's ages left, we don't know whether Ashley is releasing major funds yet etc.

he has said there is money if Sam wants it

Guest 22bnw

We go a week without a signing and people already start to doubt...

Allardyce said there would be four more signings and he's still got most of the window to do it.

We go a week without a signing and people already start to doubt...

Allardyce said there would be four more signings and he's still got most of the window to do it.

People are not doubting these signings will come, they're doubting the quality of them.

the answer is in the question, but I should have realised you wouldn't understand.

Its about looking at facts, or an opinion based on the fact that you don't like someone for a reason and are so unable to make a rational judgment.

Seeing as you aren't astute enough to work it out, the simple FACTS are that under Shepherd as chairman and the manager he appointed, we achieved our highest 3 consecutive league positions in 50 years. Unless of course you dispute this, in which case I suggest you look at the league tables. We also reached 2 FA Cup finals, which we hadn't also done since the 1950's

If Allardyce is successful, who will you give credit to ? If he isn't , who will you blame ?

You still haven't answered, yes or no?

the answer is in the question, the team finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time in 50 seasons. I go by results, not stupidly base my opinions on something he said to a journalist in a brothel and decided I didn't like him for it. What other chairman has presided over such league positions in the past 50 years ? Yet you, stupidly, infer that the most successful league positions achieved in over 50 years is failure ? Plus 2 FA Cup Finals, which also haven't been achieved in 50 years too.

If you think this is failure, please tell us who has been more successful ?

HOHO. You're a joke.

We know that you stupidly think that Newcastle United needed sky tv revenue to elevate beyond spending years in the old 2nd division, selling the best players, playing in front of sub 20,000 crowds, and losing on a regular basis to teams such as Southend on New Years Day, Exeter, Oxford etc etc

Pathetic.

Now. If Allardyce is successful, who will you credit ? And if he isn't, who will you blame ?

We know why you won't reply.  mackems.gif

the answer is in the question, but I should have realised you wouldn't understand.

Its about looking at facts, or an opinion based on the fact that you don't like someone for a reason and are so unable to make a rational judgment.

Seeing as you aren't astute enough to work it out, the simple FACTS are that under Shepherd as chairman and the manager he appointed, we achieved our highest 3 consecutive league positions in 50 years. Unless of course you dispute this, in which case I suggest you look at the league tables. We also reached 2 FA Cup finals, which we hadn't also done since the 1950's

If Allardyce is successful, who will you give credit to ? If he isn't , who will you blame ?

the answer is in the question, the team finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time in 50 seasons. I go by results, not stupidly base my opinions on something he said to a journalist in a brothel and decided I didn't like him for it. What other chairman has presided over such league positions in the past 50 years ? Yet you, stupidly, infer that the most successful league positions achieved in over 50 years is failure ? Plus 2 FA Cup Finals, which also haven't been achieved in 50 years too.

HOHO. You're a joke.

We know that you stupidly think that Newcastle United needed sky tv revenue to elevate beyond spending years in the old 2nd division, selling the best players, playing in front of sub 20,000 crowds, and losing on a regular basis to teams such as Southend on New Years Day, Exeter, Oxford etc etc

Pathetic.

Now. If Allardyce is successful, who will you credit ? And if he isn't, who will you blame ?

in the nicest,most polite possible way..............

WILL YOU TWO PLEASE FUCK OFF ?

HOHO. You're a joke.

Pathetic.

What will Ahsley have to do in 10 years of running the club to make him a success?  You obviously think that Shepherd was a success even though you will not answer a simple yes or no.

Considering Shepherd took over a club that had just missed out on winning the league, what will it take for Ashley to be considered a success considering he's taken over the 13th placed team that was going backwards and a club that is heavily in debt?

HOHO. You're a joke.

Pathetic.

in the nicest,most polite possible way..............

WILL YOU TWO PLEASE FUCK OFF ?

his hatred of Shepherd, even extends to the view that the Halls held the major shareholding yet allowed Shepherd to run the club entirely on his own for 10 years ....... thus blaming him for every time it rained  mackems.gif

pathetic.

HOHO. You're a joke.

Pathetic.

What will Ahsley have to do in 10 years of running the club to make him a success?  You obviously think that Shepherd was a success even though you will not answer a simple yes or no.

Considering Shepherd took over a club that had just missed out on winning the league, what will it take for Ashley to be considered a success considering he's taken over the 13th placed team that was going backwards and a club that is heavily in debt?

dearie dearie me........you still don't get it do you ? Shepherd never took over the club, he was never the major shareholder. And, even if he did, those league positions and FA Cup Finals put against all his predecessor speak for themselves. Not even mentioning the fact that the club is light years better in every way from the club the Halls and Shepherd found in 1992.

God have mercy on me and save me from brainless people.

mackems.gif

I think some people have very selective memories. When we finished 4th, 3rd and 5th in the league we still couldn't attract the top players, we bought players like Carr, Butt, Milner, Bowyer. Kluivert came too because we paid him a fortune in wages, but he had strings attached anyway regarding fitness/attitude. Woodgate was the only truly big signing during those years but he also had strings attached because of his injuries.

Our pulling power next summer will be the same as it is now, barring a miracle league performance.

dearie dearie me........you still don't get it do you ? Shepherd never took over the club, he was never the major shareholder. And, even if he did, those league positions and FA Cup Finals put against all his predecessor speak for themselves. Not even mentioning the fact that the club is light years better in every way from the club the Halls and Shepherd found in 1992.

God have mercy on me and save me from brainless people.

mackems.gif

I agree that the club is better than in 1992, I've never said anything different to that, fact.

Shepherd took over as chairman when we had just missed out on winning the league title and he has all but left with us finishing 13th.  As for who ran the club, here's your answer, it comes from Shepherd;

icnewcastle

"The uncertainty is making it hard for me to run the club, and I'm not prepared to put up with it."

As for needing the help of God, just turn your mirrors in the house around, at least you'll not have to look at a brainless person.

I think some people have very selective memories. When we finished 4th, 3rd and 5th in the league we still couldn't attract the top players, we bought players like Carr, Butt, Milner, Bowyer. Kluivert came too because we paid him a fortune in wages, but he had strings attached anyway regarding fitness/attitude. Woodgate was the only truly big signing during those years but he also had strings attached because of his injuries.

Our pulling power next summer will be the same as it is now, barring a miracle league performance.

Kluivert should have been a big signing, it just didn't work out, it's hard to say if we did have pulling power or not as we don't know if we went after anybody better than those you mentioned.

Rooooney!!!!!

Good point, that's one where we went up against Man U and lost.

No shame in losing out to a player to Man Utd, don't forget Rooney said in his autobiography that he was prepared to come here before that lot stepped in.

The Rooney bid, to this day I am sure we did that bid to flush out buyers for Rooney as a sort of favor for Stretford. Bob Charlton even said becasue of our bid Man Utd had to buy him a year early.

what rubbish,if man utd were the only bidders and he wanted to go it would drive the price down,us bidding aswell and him wanting away drove the price up,hence no favour for man utd.

some folk will work out a conspiracy on anything.

are you sure it wasn't a ploy to sell season tickets ?

Guest Verlaine

Just goes to show you don't need to spend massive money. ;)