Time to show your hand Mr. Ashley

Guest Guinness

What makes it a credible bid, was the first report when Everton said they'd rejected a bid of £20m, and then a second bid...Shepherd & Robson saying we'd bid for him...and then in Rooney's book when he said he'd have been a Newcastle player had Man Utd not came in for him!

pretty hard to attract top class players when we only have domestic football to offer ,they all want europe so we will have to wait and qualify then splash cash or go on a megabucks spending spree and fail miserably like we always do .can see why people are panicking so lets wait and see what happens then get annoyed when we are still weak as piss squad wise .

Woodgate only left a few days before the Rooney bid, so the same time really.

I also think we would have been going for defenders at the same time, but the likelihood is that because we sold Woodgate so late in the window we couldn't really replace him. Weren't we supposed to be close to getting Balde at that time but Celtic knocked us back?

I know the timing was about a week between Woodgate going and us bidding for Rooney, I can't remember which of the two Bobby was commenting on.

To be honest Biggs, unless it's for the Champions League, I don't think Europe is a major factor. More the direction of where the club is going. Offer a club the choice of Bolton or us, I bet 8 out of 10 would choose us still.

I don't doubt that the money is there, I just think Big Sam is being much more frugal than the previous regimes. If he can bring in players on a shoestring that are going to improve the squad then I am not going to start hoying my toys out the pram. I think once Allardyce is closer to having the squad he wants to start the season with then he may put his hand in the Piggy Bank and splash out.

Anyway, isn't July 18th the magic date when the club is officially removed from the stock market? Surely if Ashley was going to release significant funs it would be in or around that date, after the review is complete.

I don't doubt that the money is there, I just think Big Sam is being much more frugal than the previous regimes. If he can bring in players on a shoestring that are going to improve the squad then I am not going to start hoying my toys out the pram. I think once Allardyce is closer to having the squad he wants to start the season with then he may put his hand in the Piggy Bank and splash out.

Anyway, isn't July 18th the magic date when the club is officially removed from the stock market? Surely if Ashley was going to release significant funs it would be in or around that date, after the review is complete.

My sentiments exactly...  :thup:

a)why if you have the cash to improve significantly,improve marginally to save cash ?

b)the delisting date is a technical date,i see know reason why he would wait til then if he wants to start spending.

a)why if you have the cash to improve significantly,improve marginally to save cash ?

b)the delisting date is a technical date,i see know reason why he would wait til then if he wants to start spending.

Ashley might think he's got a better chance of keeping where he spends his money a bit more private if it's not reported to the Stock Exchange.  When he first started out in business he kept all of his business deals secret and that only changed when he made his business a limited company.

Ashley might think he's got a better chance of keeping where he spends his money a bit more private if it's not reported to the Stock Exchange.  When he first started out in business he kept all of his business deals secret and that only changed when he made his business a limited company.

but now he hasn't just started out and as a business decision you'd think getting the business in the best shape before any industry cut off points would be beneficial rather than cutting corners and being forced to wait months to put it right.

Also, it's still very much early days in the transfer market. Who'd have thought on July 15th, 2005 when we'd only signed Parker & Emre, that that we'd have spent £26m in the last week on Owen, Luque & Solano?

Also, it's still very much early days in the transfer market. Who'd have thought on July 15th, 2005 when we'd only signed Parker & Emre, that that we'd have spent £26m in the last week on Owen, Luque & Solano?

yeah i get your point,just with wahts going on around us it's like we're being left behind a bit.

dearie dearie me........you still don't get it do you ? Shepherd never took over the club, he was never the major shareholder. And, even if he did, those league positions and FA Cup Finals put against all his predecessor speak for themselves. Not even mentioning the fact that the club is light years better in every way from the club the Halls and Shepherd found in 1992.

God have mercy on me and save me from brainless people.

mackems.gif

I agree that the club is better than in 1992, I've never said anything different to that, fact.

Shepherd took over as chairman when we had just missed out on winning the league title and he has all but left with us finishing 13th.  As for who ran the club, here's your answer, it comes from Shepherd;

icnewcastle

"The uncertainty is making it hard for me to run the club, and I'm not prepared to put up with it."

As for needing the help of God, just turn your mirrors in the house around, at least you'll not have to look at a brainless person.

if you seriously think that someone who is a majority shareholder allows someone with less shares to run a multi million pound industry in the way they see fit, you have a serious problem.

-Players like Viduka and Geremi don't come along on a free too often. These players will improve our squad and save cash, to me that isn't a problem. How much do you think we would have to shell out for Viduka if we wanted him and he was still in contract? I'd say £3-4 million at the least. The same goes for Geremi. Does the fact that we've apparently been out chatting to Barcelona about bringing in Edmilson/Gudjohnsen/Deco/Eto'o not tell you that yes, we do have some money?

-I'm assuming the delisting date is also linked with the completion of the review which is when we were told things would start to get moving.

I don't have a problem with people questioning Ashley but christ, atleast let him get his foot firmly in the door before we jump on his back because of pure fan speculation.

Anyway, talking of big signings, it was around this time last Saturday night that I posted a link to the NotW website about Deco & Raul being targeted...I wonder what weird and wonderful names we'll be signing in this Sunday's craploids.

yeah i get your point,just with wahts going on around us it's like we're being left behind a bit.

Bollocks to getting left behind, we had a fucking headstart on alot of the teams. We're playing a very shrewd game and I like it. Other teams will bring players in and in turn players will have to leave. I'd much rather we bided our time that jumping feet first into deals for overpriced players.

but now he hasn't just started out and as a business decision you'd think getting the business in the best shape before any industry cut off points would be beneficial rather than cutting corners and being forced to wait months to put it right.

He's still got something like 6 weeks of the transfer window left, we'll probably see more players move in those weeks than we've seen so far, it's hardly cutting corners.  I'm not even sure he's waiting to de-list anyway, I think it's more likely that he's waiting for the results of the review.

I think our targets are more of an indication that the budget is not that big. When we signed Parker & Emre and still needed a striker, you could safely guess there was money still available because they were fairly big names for decent fees. Now we need defenders and are linked with Young and Queudrue, on the back of two free transfers, and you begin to think maybe the money just isn't there. Who knows, he might be skimping on the left back position so he can bring in a top centre back, which I think we really need. I'm not panicking by any means, I'm fairly content actually, but I feel we could do better than Queudrue that's all.

Anyway, talking of big signings, it was around this time last Saturday night that I posted a link to the NotW website about Deco & Raul being targeted...I wonder what weird and wonderful names we'll be signing in this Sunday's craploids.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go and have a look! :laugh:

I think our targets are more of an indication that the budget is not that big. When we signed Parker & Emre and still needed a striker, you could safely guess there was money still available because they were fairly big names for decent fees. Now we need defenders and are linked with Young and Queudrue, on the back of two free transfers, and you begin to think maybe the money just isn't there. Who knows, he might be skimping on the left back position so he can bring in a top centre back, which I think we really need. I'm not panicking by any means, I'm fairly content actually, but I feel we could do better than Queudrue that's all.

I don't see Queudrue as anything more than a back up. Allardyce said he wants four more defenders in so i'm assuming he means Queudrue, another left back, a centre back and a right back.

if you seriously think that someone who is a majority shareholder allows someone with less shares to run a multi million pound industry in the way they see fit, you have a serious problem.

That wasn't me quoting myself, I was quoting Shepherd who was complaining that HE couldn’t run the club, HE not THEM.  He also said that HE wasn't prepared to put up with it.

Are you calling him a liar?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go and have a look! :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport4.shtml

TOONED UP RON

NEWCASTLE have made a sensational enquiry about FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho.

The Toon asked about the Brazil star's availability during ongoing discussions with Barcelona over possible transfer targets.

But billionaire owner Mike Ashley was told the Nou Camp playmaker, 27, would cost a staggering £58million. A Magpies source said: "Mike is a billionaire but it remains to be seen whether even he would sanction a deal of that magnitude."

Ashley wants a global superstar to signal his intent after his £130m St James' takeover.

The Toon do hope to sign Manchester United's Argie defender Gabriel Heinze, 29.

There really are some knackers among our support.

I agree. I find it astounding that people who witnessed our club selling its best players, playing in front of a half full shitty stadium, losing to teams like Southend on new years day, Exeter 4-0 in the FA Cup, can find fault with a board who changed all of that and stopped such things happening, raising the club so much that they bought major international players instead of selling them .... ooops sorry I meant selling trophy quality players like Gazza and Beardsley and buying quality players instead.

Including those who saw Peter Beardsley waving at the Kop, shortly before his transfer, then have the brass bollocks to say later that he wasn't knowingly waving to his future supporters, then couldn't come back fast enough when the club was run by better people.

Bring back McKeag, Westwood, etc. Fine upstanding men who never called Geordie women dogs, or correctly said such things, like why the fuck should we concern ourselves with clubs such as Stevenage. But who sold our best players instead, which wasn't embarrasssing in the slightest. And nobody considered us to be a "joke", like they did when we played in the San Siro, the Champions League, and broke the World Transfer Record

I don't see Queudrue as anything more than a back up. Allardyce said he wants four more defenders in so i'm assuming he means Queudrue, another left back, a centre back and a right back.

Perhaps, but I think he meant a right back, two centre backs and a left back. I think he intends to keep Babayaro and work on his fitness (that's what he's said anyway).

I think we need two centre backs, as I don't see Ramage as remotely good enough cover. He's currently our 3rd choice CB and I don't want to see him anywhere near the first team.