The Present State Of Play

Tsunami
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm giving you some info that others havent shared, i was asked if i wanted to go, thats how i know.

Its all the internet forums and fanzines as fas as i understand.

The new guys know that the internet is how they will grow their business when braodband carries the games live all round the world for £20* a pop as Sir John mentioned the other day. Doesnt surprise me in the slightest, its called qualitative market research.

* made up.

So Mort could be using this as a possible opportunity to sound you out about opportunity rather than you asking any questions of MA?

It will serve more than one purpose. I was commenting on Unbelievable's point about internet forums.

I'm giving you some info that others havent shared, i was asked if i wanted to go, thats how i know.

Its all the internet forums and fanzines as fas as i understand.

The new guys know that the internet is how they will grow their business when braodband carries the games live all round the world for £20* a pop as Sir John mentioned the other day. Doesnt surprise me in the slightest, its called qualitative market research.

* made up.

So Mort could be using this as a possible opportunity to sound you out about opportunity rather than you asking any questions of MA?

It will serve more than one purpose. I was commenting on Unbelievable's point about internet forums.

Ok, let's hope this happens sooner rather than later.

Very interesting and a good idea from Mort. Would be interesting to hear what they talk about.

I think that's the whole idea, get people who are trusted, rather than the local media who have been in the clubs pocket for years. 

Who would you rather have tell you what was said?  I'd rather listed to somebody who has no reason to spin anything and only tell the truth without "a club source" being quoted.

Now that's something I would have appreciated an invite to.

How quickly can I become part of the 'writers group'; someone give me the subject for an article, quick. :)

"The benefits of private equity control of a football business"

1000 words on my desk by eob friday. ;)

Well you have to know I could do that. Internet is a wonderful place for research.

Unfortunatley I'm not sure where your desk is and at 1,000 words I might have to pad it a bit. :)

--

Did the club ever try a Fans Liaison Officer, or some such title? I know they have press officers but as most of us don't believe what we read in the press it might be better if they were given a new brief.

Well you have to know I could do that. Internet is a wonderful place for research.

Unfortunatley I'm not sure where your desk is and at 1,000 words I might have to pad it a bit. :)

--

Did the club ever try a Fans Liaison Officer, or some such title? I know they have press officers but as most of us don't believe what we read in the press it might be better if they were given a new brief.

Please don't say that ,cos we'll end up with Kevin 'whatshisface' rent a quote for England

As sceptical as I have been and still am to a certain extend, I have to say I'm impressed by and applaud Mort approaching the fans to exchange ideas. Good stuff, and the sort of thing that will put my mind at ease if they keep it up. As a sidenote, it certainly explains why some people who normally are quite outspoken have been in the "be patient, let's wait and see"-camp for a while. How long ago have people been approached for this?

Guest Gemmill

Aye I think it's good that he's approaching the fans.  The only concerns I have remaining are that if he's contacting the writers on this site, he'll be talking to the likes of Taylor27 and Parky - a bigger pair of fruitloops you could not wish to meet.  We'll be playing in Hawaiian shirts and foil cone hats next season.

Aye I think it's good that he's approaching the fans.  The only concerns I have remaining are that if he's contacting the writers on this site, he'll be talking to the likes of Taylor27 and Parky - a bigger pair of fruitloops you could not wish to meet.  We'll be playing in Hawaiian shirts and foil cone hats next season.

:lol: Fortunately neither live in the toon.

:cheesy:

I have been in e mail contact with two people at the club one of them is Mr Mort for some weeks now. Just recently he has advised me he would like to inc me in a round robin interview scenario with writers from True Faith etc..Alex will be representing me from the Rants and Opinion team as the logistics will be much easier and in my team, me and Chez will be going to future meetings regarding supporter communications and the club.

Suffice to say these developments are refreshing and show a new clear agenda of pr activity which ultimately imo will benefit not only the club but grow supporter understanding if not the supporter base internationally.

Good news for Newcastle Online and I hope this is the beginning as I have outlined to Bluf and others of a new and dynamic relationship.

Thank you.

Guest Gemmill

I believe the charva term for what has just happened to UV, Unbelievable and Tsunami is "clamped". ;)

I believe the charva term for what has just happened to UV, Unbelievable and Tsunami is "clamped". ;)

Hehe.. ;) Still I find it strange that if this has been going on for weeks as Parky claims nobody has ever seemed fit to comment on it before, unless they have been asked to keep it quiet, in which case it is equally strange that they are no coming out in numbers to confirm it.. If it's true, at least it shows they are aware we exist, which is progress considering how mute they have been so far..

Guest Gemmill

Hehe.. ;) Still I find it strange that if this has been going on for weeks as Parky claims nobody has ever seemed fit to comment on it before, unless they have been asked to keep it quiet, in which case it is equally strange that they are no coming out in numbers to confirm it.. If it's true, at least it shows they are aware we exist, which is progress considering how mute they have been so far..

Aye I had heard nothing prior to today, but it is true.  Which is great news.

Aye, just lucky Invicta Toon isn't on the writing team, or NE5 for that matter...

Not to be too cynical about this but we are their customers now and it stands to reason they will want to create as large a 'feel-good' factor as possible.

Make friends with the natives and have them tell all their friends about us too. Which, of course, is as cynical a view as it gets.

Hopefully a lot of good will come of it and, at the end of the day, if success comes on the pitch everyone will have got what they wanted. Ashley will have a more valuable business producing greater amounts of money and the fans will be delirious with silver-ware.

Guest Gemmill

Aye, just lucky Invicta Toon isn't on the writing team, or NE5 for that matter...

Mort:  Hi guys, nice to have this opportunity to talk with you!

Vic:  is it???  really???

Mort:  Erm yeah, so any thoughts for where the club should be going from here?

NE5:  Well if you talk to MICK we'll be winning trophies left right and centre now that Fred's gone.  mackems.gif

Mort:  Well that is the hope long term...

Vic:  yeah so that's just gonna happen is it?  just all of a sudden we're gonna start winning stuff.  fucking pathetic sheep tbh.  you and that Ashley bloke.

Mort:  Wow, pretty hostile for a little fella aren't you?

NE5:  mackems.gif  mackems.gif mackems.gif tut tut lawyer fuckpig

etc etc.

It hasn't been going on for weeks, Parky's winding you up.

It's not worth putting a thread up for people to put questions forward yet as a date hasn't been set to meet up with him, I'd be surprised if it was before the season kicked off and plenty could have changed by then anyway.

Guest Gemmill

Could be that he's just a mental case that has seen something in Parky's writings.  I can see him and Parky sitting down to discuss the club and Mort leaning in close and whispering "I know about the voices."