Squad numbers announced

BottledDog

Seems strange that Rozenhal gets the number 4 while the 6 is left vacant. Maybe squad numbers dont mean too much anymore but if Taylor is to be captain and the 6 is saved for a new CB then if I was him I would be expecting to start on the bench.

Newcastle's best defender has generally worn number 27 throughout the Premiership years.

The legend Philippe Albert.

and Jonny Woodgate

I dont like the fact that Mark Viduka is being given the number 36,even though I think it will not affect his performance on the pitch.

I think he will have chose that since he had it at Celtic and Smogs

Guest optimistic nit

Number 3 has been vacant for years.

and when was the last time we had a decent fullback?

number 27 was also woodgates number.

Guest optimistic nit

you all sound like a bunch of girls i'm sorry.

OMG Nobby has NO. 15, he's being phased out. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

its a damn number for christ sake.

Guest tonydixon

I dont like the fact that Mark Viduka is being given the number 36,even though I think it will not affect his performance on the pitch.

you being serious?

Guest makemeacupoftea

IMO Viduka will be disappointed with number 36 and i can see him wanting to leave to club asap if this is not sorted out.

Guest GAMMELL

football will end up like Yank football soon regarding squad numbers.

Aye, it's already started in Portugal & Italy like

IMO Viduka will be disappointed with number 36 and i can see him wanting to leave to club asap if this is not sorted out.

Am I really the only one who gets it?

3+6 = 9.

Just like Salas was 18 (1+8) or Jari Litmanen was 37 (3+7).

Edit.. Ooh, it was mentioned already, well, I'm not the only one then :D

OMG Vidika's a Gemini, don't they know 6's are unlucky for Gemini's born in the year of the Monkey. And 3-6 = -3. They are sayin he needs to lose 3 stone. I think he has the mental strength to struggle through this trauma though.

you all sound like a bunch of girls i'm sorry.

OMG Nobby has NO. 15, he's being phased out. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

its a damn number for christ sake.

Well why would his number get changed just to accomodate new signings ?

Am I really the only one who gets it?

3+6 = 9.

Just like Salas was 18 (1+8) or Jari Litmanen was 37 (3+7).

Edit.. Ooh, it was mentioned already, well, I'm not the only one then :D

Zamorano wear 1+8 in Inter not Salas !!!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/e6/b5/0,,10278~3323366,00.gif

Ameobi wear number 30 !!! :idiot2:

In Nolan's BBC Column he said that at the start of the season players always get the choice of what shirt they wear, so it was obviously Nobby's choice.

Well of course the players have their say, they don't draw numbers out of a hat. What if two players wanted number 4? How is it obviously Nobby's decision?

Guest Definitely Maybe

In Nolan's BBC Column he said that at the start of the season players always get the choice of what shirt they wear, so it was obviously Nobby's choice.

No he didn't, he said new signings are usually asked if they have a preference out of the remaining numbers

Guest toon tone rudeboy

football will end up like Yank football soon regarding squad numbers.

Aye, it's already started in Portugal & Italy like

Actually, the numbers in the NFL are determined by the player on the field. This rule is actually in effect all the way down to the High School (Secondary School) as the school I teach at had a player penalized for violating the rule. It is as follows:

Player Numbers by Position

(NFL Rule 5, Section 1, Article 4)

All players must wear numerals on their jerseys in accordance with Rule 5, Section 3, Article 3c (see NOTE 1), and such numerals must be by playing position as follows: quarterbacks, punters, and placekickers, 1-19 (and 10-19 for wide receivers if 80-89 are all otherwise assigned); running backs and defensive backs, 20-49; centers, 50-59 (60-79 if 50-59 unavailable); offensive guards and tackles, 60-79; wide receivers and tight ends, 80-89; defensive lineman, 60-79 (90-99 if 60-79 unavailable); and linebackers 50-59 (90-99 if 50-59 unavailable).

If a player changes his position during his playing career in the NFL and such change moves him out of a category specified above, he must be issued an appropriate new jersey number.

Any request to wear a number for a special position not specified above (e.g., H-back) must be made to the Commissioner.

During the preseason period when rosters are larger, the League will allow duplication and other temporary deviations from the numbering scheme specified above, but the rule must be adhered to for all players during the regular season and postseason. Clubs must make numbers available to adhere to the rule, even if it requires putting back into circulation a number that has been retired or withheld for other reasons. See 7-2-3 for reporting change of position. (Note 2)

NOTES:

5, 3, 3c has to do with the size and placement of the numerals

7, 2, 3 rules regarding notifying the referee of eligibility if wearing and ineligible number for a position. Basically, any player wearing an eligible number at a pass receiving position (running backs, tight ends, and wide receivers) can play any eligible pass receiving position without reporting to the referee. That is, running backs can line up as wide receivers or tight ends, and players wearing wide receiver and/or tight end numbers can line up in the backfield without having to report to the referee.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/index.nsf/Documents/0-jers-nums

Guest Ridzuan

Big man, big number.

And big number of goals Im sure.