Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think Krul needs a Championship loan for next season and Forster can be #2.

Got to agree.

Agree too. For now I think Forster has greater potential than Krul because of his height.  Against areal teams like Stoke, he is able to pick more of those throw ins than most. On the other hand I've heard that Forster (because of his height) is not that quick with his feet. Someone seen some Celtic games who can share some views on that particular development in Forster's play?

• 1 month later...

Dont know if anyone else watched the CIS Cup final yesterday but Forster had an ok game.

He made a few decent saves and 1 very good save from a deflected shot but I think he may have been able to do better for both of Rangers goals.

I think for the first he may have been able to get down quicker which quite probably would have been enough to flick the ball round the post and for their second he just seemed too static in the 1 on 1.

I was there, sat in Rangers end, watching Forster and all I could think was how much I hope he does come back from loan. Quite an impressive presence between the sticks...and playing for Celtic has done him the world of good in terms of his confidence.

Guest toonlass

Yup. I was impressed by the lad too. Playing at Celtic Park in front of 50,000 expectant Tims each week will definitely have helped his confidence.

A good friend of mine from Uni follows Norwich very closely. They rate him highly down there, apparently some of the saves he pulled off last season were unbelievable, however, his kicking is not the best (something I witnessed first hand when he scuffed a goal kick straight to Jermaine Beckford away at Leeds last season, although my friend swears this was his only real error all season). If that is the case he fits the mould of  Newcastle GK perfectly.

I think Krul needs a Championship loan for next season and Forster can be #2.

The obvious thing to do. Whether the club does it or not is another matter.

Very much what I do on Football Manager, but surely we could send both Krul and Forster out on loan, with recall clauses in the deals and just keep Soderberg in the reserves?

A good friend of mine from Uni follows Norwich very closely. They rate him highly down there, apparently some of the saves he pulled off last season were unbelievable, however, his kicking is not the best (something I witnessed first hand when he scuffed a goal kick straight to Jermaine Beckford away at Leeds last season, although my friend swears this was his only real error all season). If that is the case he fits the mould of  Newcastle GK perfectly.

I red on the Norwich forum that his kicking actually got better by the end of the season aswell

Guest Jonny

one of the saves he made yesterday was brilliant! it can be viewed on a popular video sharing site- title: 'Fraser Forster Wonder Save'

Guest Jonny

one of the saves he made yesterday was brilliant! it can be viewed on a popular video sharing site- title: 'Fraser Forster Wonder Save'

From the deflected free-kick?

Yep, very strong hand to take it over the bar. Pretty impressive as his body is shifting the other way and he would have seen it late. Harper wouldn't have bothered moving!

From the deflected free-kick?

I creamed myself when he made the save at the time.

I can see him being our number 1 next season, with Krul leaving.

When ideally Harper should be the one out of the door allowing Krul and Forster to battle it out for the number 1 shirt.

• 1 month later...

I guess Celtic will be looking to keep Forster given he's had such a great season with them. Hope we get a decent fee for him, if indeed we do decide to sell.

I guess Celtic will be looking to keep Forster given he's had such a great season with them. Hope we get a decent fee for him, if indeed we do decide to sell.

Fans don't seem to rate him, they all want westwood or given. 

Fans don't seem to rate him, they all want westwood or given. 

Really? All the Celtic fans I know (and that's quite a few) seem to rate him? I can see why they'd want Given.

The only way Given will go to Celtic is if Man City pay about 80% of his wages. Which isn't beyond the realms of possibility, but at best is a one season deal. Unlikely, in my opinion.