Chronicle: £7m bid made for defender (as yet unnamed)

Guest hindu times

Pretty certain it wont be the likes of Metresacker, Chiellini or Barzagli. Heinze is probably who the Chronicle think.

Definitely hope it isn't Riise for that price!

Rather £7 million on Riise than Baines or Shorey though!

nah baines is better than riise. i still don't rate shorey atall tho. watching him last night in that friendly he was outdone by unknown korean players time and time again.

I'm not surprised Reading are in no hurry to extend Shorey's contract. Once he made the England team and they realised they could get at least £5 million for him they must have been ecstatic.

I hope we aren't the ones who get suckered into paying anywhere near that amount for him. My money is on West Ham to go that route.

Hmmmm Baines over Riise ... nope. Sorry. Can't agree with you on that one.

Riise's size and experience tips the scales for me.

Guest clarkyshan

you can tell the chronicle and nufc are friendly by the way the subject of the bid aint named. the ronny will know who we have bid for.

Hell no! Hope it is not Riise, that stupid c***...

A tad harsh, I feel.  :lol:

So now we know. Bellamy is posting undercover using the Norwegian-Geordie alias...

How the hell did you find out about that Big TRon? Now I have to get a new alias because of you. :lol:

I would love it if it is Mertesacker! A shame we didn't buy him for £4m last summer! But Werder Bremen are in CL I think? And would he go from Bremen to Newcastle, now that we don't even have Intertoto?

BTW, we should try to get Bremens other CB, Naldo. That is a good player, but he may be a little unrealistic, as I think bigger clubs are interested... And while we are talking of Brazilian CBs, maybe we could buy Luisao too! From Benfica.

How the hell did you find out about that Big TRon? Now I have to get a new alias because of you. :lol:

I would love it if it is Mertesacker! A shame we didn't buy him for £4m last summer! But Werder Bremen are in CL I think? And would he go from Bremen to Newcastle, now that we don't even have Intertoto?

BTW, we should try to get Bremens other CB, Naldo. That is a good player, but he may be a little unrealistic, as I think bigger clubs are interested... And while we are talking of Brazilian CBs, maybe we could buy Luisao too! From Benfica.

Work permit problems.

Guest DavB93

Haven't a clue who it's going to be, anyone at this moment (half decent) would be good as it's gone very quite on the transfer front.

Guest LucaAltieri

[FM]

Barzagli's a bit slow, not sure he'd cope with the speed of the Premiership.

[/FM]

[RB]

Doesn't matter. Get Apollo Creed in to take him on some beach runs. He'll get faster then they'll start hugging.

[/RB]

I dont believe anything the Chronicle says anymore. They just spout constant pappa.

Agreed, they might have had an inside line of some sort that is rapidly disappearing, more so if and when Sheperd gets the boot.

I suspect they haven't named the player because they don't know who it is.

Guest exilim

Don't think we will pay 7m for either Baines or Shorey tho?

Hope it will be Toon's Taylor's display picture.

Guest shaun11177

Heinze worries me a bit-in the Copa he was skinned a few times and looked very uncertain, seems to have lost 2 yards of pace.

Bridge would be about 7m, Baines 6,Shorey 5.

Barzagli+Mertesacker more than 7 surely.

Heinze 7 sounds about right but he will go to Spain.

Heinze's a bit slow. But if we're going 4-4-2, where the full-backs aren't so crucial like they are in a 4-5-1, Heinze would be an excellent signing. Experienced and simply top class.

Guest SwissMagpie

Taiwo agant claims that there are talks with a  club on a possible transfer.(club unamed)

The article says a top class defender so I think we can rule out Baines and Shorey who might be decent players but are by no means top class.

Of the people who we have been linked with I would guess Barzagli. Oliver seems to rule out Heinze just as Sam did a few days ago saying he was more likely to go abroad.

If it is a left back I can't imagine which left back would cost £7 million especially whne you consider Grosso moved for about £4 million! The only £7 million left backs are in the premiership (due to their Britishness) and only Bridge would be close to being top class.

Would we bid for Bridge considering he appears to have a pretty serious injury though? I would hope not.

Can't see it being Mertesacker.  I suspect it might be Barzagli, but he'd probably cost a few million more, so unless this is an introductory offer, it's not him.  Bridge is crocked, so it won't be him.  Isn't Baines a bit short for Sam?  Don't think it's him or Shorey - 7 million is way too much for Shorey or Baines in any regard.  Taiwo would be a good shout and a great signing - although I can't see him coming here in all honesty.

Seems like Heinze then.  Would be a class signing.

Taiwo agant claims that there are talks with a  club on a possible transfer.(club unamed)

Now he would probably command around £7 million considering Bakary Sagna cost about that amount. Taiwo is a good shout and is indeed a top class prospect.

Guest SwissMagpie

It was on Canal+ Sportnews.they talked about OM and said that BTW "Tawio agant claims that they are talking with unamed club about possible transfer"

and OT - we can forget Alou Diarra as he signed for Bordeaux for 5.5 Million pounds