Newcastle 4 - 1 Celtic (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 29

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cant say much from pre season, but this is our best pre season performance I've seen in a long time.

must be coz of the austrian camp ;-)

Of course.

Thanks James, at least you appreciate "my" work .. hehe

Despite my hatred for Carr, his forward runs have been the reason Nobby has been MoM in my opinion

That and the sublime cross from him for Luque's second, that no one in our entire squad could come close to replicating.

(Which isn't overrating the cross, just pointing out that Nobby's still the only one in our squad with any quality crossing ability on a consistent basis)

By the by, though, anyone who says Milner can't cross needs to look at themselves. Tonight's game is only the latest evidence.

Parky:

CFC: Artur Boric, Lee Naylor, Maciej Zurawski, Scott Brown, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Massimo Donati, John Kennedy, Stephen McManus, Paul Caddis, Paul Hartley, Aiden McGeady

Subs: Bobo Balde. Kenny Miller, Derek Riordan, Thomas Gravesen, Steven Pressley, Jiri Jarosik, Mark Brown, Chris Killen, Scott McDonald, Gary Irvine

Cheers.

Looks like they're playing two or three reserves.

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Also been impressed with Roz so far - looks assured

Totally agree with you.... he seems really good... doesnt panic and seems dead calm under pressure

Luque looks like a player who has got a big shot of confidence, probably by Sam. Excellent to see this kind of stuff from him, the heel pass to Geremi and the 2 goals, hope he continues. World class performances by Milner and Zoggy and most of all Butt. Rozehnal impressing me in the defence as well.

Parky:

CFC: Artur Boric, Lee Naylor, Maciej Zurawski, Scott Brown, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Massimo Donati, John Kennedy, Stephen McManus, Paul Caddis, Paul Hartley, Aiden McGeady

Subs: Bobo Balde. Kenny Miller, Derek Riordan, Thomas Gravesen, Steven Pressley, Jiri Jarosik, Mark Brown, Chris Killen, Scott McDonald, Gary Irvine

Cheers.

Looks like they're playing two or three reserves.

Why bring the performance down? The lads are playing bloody well. It's still Celtic, and we're trouncing them. In pre-season.

PS, clear to see that Sam wasn't overly keen with the formation at Carlisle. Glad to note that he's referred back to the 4-4-2 that was so effective at Hartlepool.

Luque looks like a player who has got a big shot of confidence, probably by Sam. Excellent to see this kind of stuff from him, the heel pass to Geremi and the 2 goals, hope he continues. World class performances by Milner and Zoggy and most of all Butt. Rozehnal impressing me in the defence as well.

:lol:

Totally agree with you.... he seems really good... doesnt panic and seems dead calm under pressure

i think him and taylor would be good

Guest optimistic nit

To say Luque has been good is just blind optimism, because he hasn't. 2 very well taken goals, goodish movement for the first, good movement for the second, a couple of balls won around the half way line but apart from that he's been gash. I want the lad to do well, but before he does he needs to get confidence on the ball.

Carr has made good forward runs but also made a couple of mistakes defensively and hasn't done much when he gets forward, although his passing has been acurate. Nobby has been immense.

Yeah looks like he can play the ball around. Bit worried about the high line we have been playing but its early days.

I'm just worried about Ramage and Carr.

So, its half time. Go for five, or give some of the other lads a run out?

Personally I'd want to keep the players on the pitch to try and make this a thrashing for Celtic, it'd be great for confidence and morale.

Oops hehe ment Solano :)

Guest optimistic nit

by the way Luque doesn't look confident, he looks very unconfident whenever he gets the ball. he also looked very suprise to see he'd scored the first one.

Good to hear being this is his 1st game in the stadium, as is Geremi.

I think before the match we all knew we'd have some dodgy moments as its so weak in depth but so far so good. Reinforcements at the back are being worked on and we're playing without Joey, Duff, Viduka and Owen too :)

:lol: He must be good if no-one else can see him

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

Just out of interest, does anyone know if theres any websites out there that show live Newcastle matches? Im a student and cant afford to go to every game, but i spend most of the money i do get going to the away matches  :laugh2: I just wondered if there was a website out there so i could watch them when i cant actually make it to a match - I dont care if its in german or whatever haha!

This is the worst thing that could have happenned,   ashley will think the squad is good enough now!

I don't think he will, we have still had problems at the back this game and I doubt he and Allardyce will suddenly think "Oh so Ramage and Huntington are good enough"

To say Luque has been good is just blind optimism, because he hasn't. 2 very well taken goals, goodish movement for the first, good movement for the second, a couple of balls won around the half way line but apart from that he's been gash. I want the lad to do well, but before he does he needs to get confidence on the ball.

That's pretty much all Owen ever does, i'm not complaining.

:lol: He must be good if no-one else can see him

Zoggy?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: