Newcastle 4 - 1 Celtic (friendly) - Post match thoughts from page 29

Karjala
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Phil K

:rant: Celtic fans are such racist fuckers, With all their biggotted songs,

I heard them chanting al qaeda more than once,

Well - all republican terrorist groups are linked hand and glove with islamic terrorists.

Nothing new there.

Guest wheels

Celtics fans and their players took tonight so seriously, it was embarrassing.

Sing all you want you, your team's still s****

Always do, they are pathetic.

Come here thinking its a battle of Britain throwing themselves into challenges like they're extras in braveheart.

So fuking glad they've lost, 4-1 as well, what a joke. But their fans are bad enough when they've won, no doubt there will be a few cocks looking for a scrap before they go home, but by their usual brave and heroic standard they'll trash a kebab shop and find a lad walking home by himself to jump on.

Oh and for what its worth, none of their players impressed me at all

McGeady and Brown ??

Two hardworking journeymen who got completely overrun in the first half.. Albeit they improved a bit once we made 7 changes....

Brown is going to be an absolute star. McGeady, atm, needs a lot of work. Donati will suit our play very well, a deep lying playmaker with 2 great feet. Then there's Naka. One of the best players to wear the hoops. Back up is Sno, Riordan, Gravesen, Hartley and Jarosik. Our midfield is as strong as it's been in a long time. Our defence is woeful and I'm delighted we conceded 4 last night. A wake up call.

Guest Knightrider

Brown is going to be an absolute star.

In Scotland...

Wasn't impressed by one Celtic player tbh.

At least under MON you had players who were capable of performing to a certain level.

If that team lined up in the Premiership week in week out, it would get relegated. The Coventry side Strachan took down contained better players.

Guest hagler

the celtic squad looked very tall...they had about 5 great through balls but just couldent find the net...and/or given was very aware of most one on one's

In Scotland...

At least under MON you had players who were capable of performing to a certain level.

If that team lined up in the Premiership week in week out, it would get relegated. The Coventry side Strachan took down contained better players.

I quite liked the look of that Brown. He is only quite young isnt he? Reckon McGeady could be a decent premiership player aswell.

In Scotland...

I quite liked the look of that Brown. He is only quite young isnt he? Reckon McGeady could be a decent premiership player aswell.

He is 22. Looked good to me too.

(A bit more info in the Who the Fuck Are Celtic article on the main page)

Say I was interested in watching the goals of this game, could anyone reccommend a website (not give me a link) where it might be possible to do so? I've had no luck with the naughty website beginning with y.

Say I was interested in watching the goals of this game, could anyone reccommend a website (not give me a link) where it might be possible to do so? I've had no luck with the naughty website beginning with y.

Daily  motion has some funny video's.

Guest wheels

In Scotland...

Trust me. Brown, Donati, McGeady and Naka is a class midfield. Not just by Celtic's standard. Scott Brown is the closest young player I've ever seen to Roy Keane. He's a clone. Naka is better than anyone you've got. There's no doubt in my mind about that. The guy plays the game with his brain and is incredibly intelligent.

In Scotland...

Trust me. Brown, Donati, McGeady and Naka is a class midfield. Not just by Celtic's standard. Scott Brown is the closest young player I've ever seen to Roy Keane. He's a clone. Naka is better than anyone you've got. There's no doubt in my mind about that. The guy plays the game with his brain and is incredibly intelligent.

Naka is as good as Nobby Solano, thats it. He was average at Reggina, and he will obviously look good against teams like Hibs.

Guest wheels

In Scotland...

Naka is as good as Nobby Solano, thats it. He was average at Reggina, and he will obviously look good against teams like Hibs.

He was average at Reggina because they were fighting relegation every season. Naka is a playmaker, in the same way Pirlo is a playmaker. Put Pirlo or even someone like Frank Lampard in a team who sits back in 90% of their games and they won't look so great. Naka needs the ball to show his talent and he didn't get a lot of it at Reggina. Like Pirlo he has very little pace so he's no good playing on the break. As for him playing well against Hibs. Get a video of Japan v Brazil '05 or England v Japan '04. The guy dominated both games.

Here's an extract from Strachan's autobiography:

"I have mentioned Shunsuke's skill elsewhere in this book, but in the context of Celtic's results and performances in my second season at Parkhead it is difficult to avoid doing so again. In the areas of touch and vision I would say he is the best player I have ever worked with or seen. The variations in creative play is remarkable. When he is on the ball he turns the game into an art form. Unfortunately, because of his comparatively understated style of play - he does not catch the eye in the physical combativenesses and aggression - I do not think his ability is applauded as much as it should be in Scotland.

After one great display in a League match, which prompted all the players to come in raving about him, I arranged for Gary Pendrey to let me have a tape of the game for my son Gavin. When Garry came in with it the following Monday he also handed me a newspaper and drew my attention to the marks Shunsuke had been given in its report of the match. 'You are not going to believe this.' Garry said. He was right - Shunsuke was one of the lowest-ranked players, with just four out of ten. We were gobsmacked.

You probably need to have played the game at a higher level to appreciate some of the things he does."

His movement, decision making, passing and general playmaking is Naka doing what he does best

Our lot are no angels either.  I nearly got into an argument with some prick three rows behind me who was shouting "Get into these Scottish bastards, break their fucking legs".

Surprisingly the Celtic supporters sitting in the Milburn didn't react to it, I did though.  Wanker