Darren Fletcher - £6M?

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Am i losing my mind then? I thought Fletcher played well in the CL last season. Must be thinking of someone else?

Not amazing player but at least he is competent on the ball.

He's not an improvment on what we've got though, in my opinion at least.

Here he'd be expected to do a lot more than he is at Man U and I think he'd be found out as the average player that he is.

Would you be happy with the signing?

Not at £6m but i seem to have an impression in my mind of him playing well in the latter stages of the CL.

Versatile player too.

Aye, capable of average performances in a number of positions.  :razz:

Rather we kept Dyer than got Fletcher personally. Fletcher would expect to play regularly if he came here I'd imagine, and I wouldn't be at all comfortable with that. As a squad player he'd be fine, but for £6m I'd much rather we kept our money and spent it on some defenders.

I have the feeling that its getting to the stage where we will try to bring in anyone who improves the squad. He can play in the defence and across the midfield. If he is good enough for Fergie, he is good enough for me btw.

Don't know, wouldn't be too keen on the likes of John O'Shea here tbh.

I'll trust Allardyce's judgement on this if it's true (which I doubt) but I'll be quite disappointed I must admit. Twas the Roma game where he shone but, as I said earlier, the whole team was on fire that day so I wouldn't use that game as much of an indicator.

Am i losing my mind then? I thought Fletcher played well in the CL last season. Must be thinking of someone else?

Not amazing player but at least he is competent on the ball.

He's not an improvment on what we've got though, in my opinion at least.

Here he'd be expected to do a lot more than he is at Man U and I think he'd be found out as the average player that he is.

Would you be happy with the signing?

Not at £6m but i seem to have an impression in my mind of him playing well in the latter stages of the CL.

Versatile player too.

Aye, capable of average performances in a number of positions.  :razz:

Rather we kept Dyer than got Fletcher personally. Fletcher would expect to play regularly if he came here I'd imagine, and I wouldn't be at all comfortable with that. As a squad player he'd be fine, but for £6m I'd much rather we kept our money and spent it on some defenders.

I have the feeling that its getting to the stage where we will try to bring in anyone who improves the squad. He can play in the defence and across the midfield. If he is good enough for Fergie, he is good enough for me btw.

Don't know, wouldn't be too keen on the likes of John O'Shea here tbh.

I'll trust Allardyce's judgement on this if it's true (which I doubt) but I'll be quite disappointed I must admit. Twas the Roma game where he shone but, as I said earlier, the whole team was on fire that day so I wouldn't use that game as much of an indicator.

Fletcher is like a Beckham lite without the passing. bluerazz.gif

Canny player imo. Nowt flash but he did do alright in the Champions League.

Aye, i'm trying to remember which game it was when he was probably their best player? QF? Problem is i'm using the four brain cells i've got left to type this post, so cant remember.

:lol: Roma?

The all played well in the home leg, may have been the away leg when they lost that i'm thinking of. He started quite regularly in the CL, mainly through injuries iirc but was always dependable.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

my gut instinct is he will stay, loves the club so much, hes one of these that only plays for the shirt, and isnt really too arsed about the cash, the guys way too generous, and hes just bought a million pound house. But the fact is the offers are on the table, but so is man utds.

Also, 6mil, in the market today, is it a joke?

A player who has won fa cups and league medals, hes captained his country, he got man of the match against roma and ac milan. Kept totti quiet, put that up against richardson, chopra, kamara, mido, even barton, then the argument is fair. Plus, hes a top lad

He looks like a good all rounder who can play all across the midfield, in a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. Not being able to get a regular place at Man U is not an issue because none of our players, bar Given, would be able to do that. I think he'd be a good buy, especially if we're going to be losing Dyer and / or Emre.

Sometimes a player who has been outshone at a big club may relish the extra responsibility that they get somewhere else. I think that could well happen with Fletcher.

I think people have to realise that £5-6m these days is the equivalent of £2-3m in years gone by with the new cash that's floating around.

But also, we shouldn't just rush in and buy him.

Surely there are better options for that price?

my gut instinct is he will stay, loves the club so much, hes one of these that only plays for the shirt, and isnt really too arsed about the cash, the guys way too generous, and hes just bought a million pound house. But the fact is the offers are on the table, but so is man utds.

A player who has won fa cups and league medals, hes captained his country, he got man of the match against roma and ac milan. Kept totti quiet, put that up against richardson, chopra, kamara, mido, even barton, then the argument is fair. Plus, hes a top lad

So you do know Fletcher, and he is your source?

So you do know Fletcher, and he is your source?

Hang on. Dazza? You are Darren Fletcher!  :frantic:

I think thats Nut-speak for 'I'd have him'.

:lol: I think he's a tidy player tbh. Nothing spectacular but he's a good passer of the ball.

I agree, i also like his versatility as we move into a new season with two systems to be worked on and adapted to. You could even stick him on the left of a 3 as he did with Butt on saturday.

I think thats Nut-speak for 'I'd have him'.

:lol: I think he's a tidy player tbh. Nothing spectacular but he's a good passer of the ball.

I agree, i also like his versatility as we move into a new season with two systems to be worked on and adapted to. You could even stick him on the left of a 3 as he did with Butt on saturday.

Chez can you stop it if you carry on like this you'll make it happen.

Guest Knightrider

Good underrated player in many ways, similar in style to Lee Clark but without the passing skills. However at £6m that is a lot of money and I'm always wary of signing fringe players from top-class teams. He could go either way, become a good player in his own right out from the shadow of Man Utd or playing for Man Utd could have made him look better than what he really is. At £2-3m he'd be a good squad signing but anything more and you'd be expecting a bit more quality, especially as Barton cost less than £6m.

[i have the feeling that its getting to the stage where we will try to bring in anyone who improves the squad. He can play in the defence and across the midfield. [b]If he is good enough for Fergie, he is good enough for me btw.[/b]

But, if he's selling him, he isn't good enough for Fergie.

[i have the feeling that its getting to the stage where we will try to bring in anyone who improves the squad. He can play in the defence and across the midfield. [b]If he is good enough for Fergie, he is good enough for me btw.[/b]

But, if he's selling him, he isn't good enough for Fergie.

Fairly shite point when you consider how many games he has had and the players brought in this summer.