Emre must go.

Parky

Guest Kenton Magpie

It is a fact that we played better and got more points when emre played with Butt rather than Parker.

If you want to be picky it is fact that Parker scored more goals, played more games, put in more effort and was probably the most effective of the two overall the whole of last season as Emre was reliable as a non reliable person can be.

no forwards making runs to pass to,doing parkers work aswell as his own,duff and n'zogbia both playing shit outside him.

for the type of player he is,left side midfield in a 4-3-3 would be ideal,though i'm still not 100% sure allardyce will play this.

But what does he do? He can't tackle, he doesn't score, he isn't creative... He gets bundled off the ball after looking pretty on it for a few seconds..

05/06  Assists

Zoggy 8

Milner 9

Emre  2 out of 24 or so games + 2 goals.

If we were to get rid of Emre I'd be quite happy to do some sort of deal that involved Appiah coming the other way from Fener. Otherwise I think we've got enough work to be doing for the time being with regards to bringing people in.

Guest Gemmill

As has been said, even if it's the right thing to do to sell Emre (it probably isn't btw), we can't afford to give ourselves an even bigger task in what remains of the transfer window.  I think Emre's been pretty ineffective since he came here, but that's because he's been misused by both managers he's played under.  Hopefully Allardyce can find some sort of system that allows him to play - technically he's (Souness phrase) a "proper footballer" and if you give him a defined role in a proper system there's a good chance he'll deliver.

I'd stop him taking set pieces though cos he's shit at them, and I'd also have a word with him about his hissy fits/sulking/sitting on the floor in a strop while the opposition tear away with the ball.

Anyway, the top and bottom of it is that in theory he can be a good player for us.  It's up to Allardyce to make sure he is in practice.  You'd struggle to sell him and replace him with a player of his ability between now and the end of the window imo.

Why are we talking about selling players?

Given our injuries, we need as much depth as possible, not to mention the fact Emre is nearly, if not, in our best XI.

When on form, he's definitely the most creative and technically skilled player we have but when not on form, he's rather average. His attitude lets him down at times also.

Sam Allardyce is an exceptionally good man-manager and he will bring the very best out of Emre.

As has been said, even if it's the right thing to do to sell Emre (it probably isn't btw), we can't afford to give ourselves an even bigger task in what remains of the transfer window.  I think Emre's been pretty ineffective since he came here, but that's because he's been misused by both managers he's played under.  Hopefully Allardyce can find some sort of system that allows him to play - technically he's (Souness phrase) a "proper footballer" and if you give him a defined role in a proper system there's a good chance he'll deliver.

I'd stop him taking set pieces though cos he's shit at them, and I'd also have a word with him about his hissy fits/sulking/sitting on the floor in a strop while the opposition tear away with the ball.

Anyway, the top and bottom of it is that in theory he can be a good player for us.  It's up to Allardyce to make sure he is in practice.  You'd struggle to sell him and replace him with a player of his ability between now and the end of the window imo.

Do you think he was also mismanaged at Inter where he hardly got a game?

Agree with the sentiment Parky, terrible timing though given the squad size, amount of time left until the window closes, the injury to Barton and the potential departure of Dyer. I'm hoping a bit of movement upfront (if Owen stays fit) and someone to hit in the form of Viduka will help him a bit because his passing has been awful since he arrived imo. That's giving him the benefit of the doubt but I'm not too convinced it'll happen.

Guest Gemmill

I know nothing of Inter or Italian football in general, but I think it's a knocking bet that he was mismanaged by the last two incumbents at NUFC, don't you?

I know nothing of Inter or Italian football in general, but I think it's a knocking bet that he was mismanaged by the last two incumbents at NUFC, don't you?

I agree he has been, but he has also been pretty much ineffective most of the time as well, if he hasn't been injured that is. If Fener make a bid I'd take it...imho. Mf are far easier to replace than strikers of def.

I agree he has been, but he has also been pretty much ineffective most of the time as well, if he hasn't been injured that is. If Fener make a bid I'd take it...imho. Mf are far easier to replace than strikers of def.

Especially in an exchange of sorts with Appiah. I wonder if any handsome, talented posters have already mooted such a deal earlier in the thread.

"Sell Emre" and "Sell Dyer" why not just sell the lot and give up on the game all together.

We need players, we DO NOT need to be selling any, Sam has already said how hard he is finding it in the transfer market to get players in yet some on here still want to see us get rid of some of our squad.

Baffles me it really does.

I am really surprised that some of you want Emre out. He might not have performed extraordinarily well last season but who has? He might be the only one with a magic touch (apart from Nobby perhaps) in the middle of the park. Definitely one of Europe's finest midfield maestros!

I am really surprised that some of you want Emre out. He might not have performed extraordinarily well alst season but who has? He might be the only one with a magic touch (apart from Nobby perhaps) in the middle of the park. Definetely one of Europe's finest midfield maestros!

What has he done in the last 8 years to warrant such praise?

If we bought in another top CM first then I would have no problem with selling Emre but WE MUST buy in before we sell!!!

Do you really beleive we're not going to buy another 4/5 players?

I am really surprised that some of you want Emre out. He might not have performed extraordinarily well alst season but who has? He might be the only one with a magic touch (apart from Nobby perhaps) in the middle of the park. Definetely one of Europe's finest midfield maestros!

What has he done in the last 8 years to warrant such praise?

Well, you might be right but playing for Galatasaray, Inter and now us ain't that bad...

You can't build the perfect squad in one window. Look at the trouble we've had just bringing in some defenders, our squad is even smaller than last year.

Ideally with a big pot of money and all the time in the world we would get shot of someone with Emre's injuries and inconsistency, but we don't have the time nor the money to do that. Instead we must make do with a player who is brilliant on his day, who can't be too relied upon but may improve under new management and better fitness techniques. We need another midfielder anyway, espescially if Dyer leaves, leaving us with 4 centre-mids (Butt-Barton-Emre-Other) and therefore once Barton's back we'll have competition for places and won't be reliant on Emre's form/fitness all the time.