Viduka Bolts Back for Opener

Skirge

Back page of the Chron, no full story yet but I think its trying to suggest he will play in the Celtic game, I thought he would have been rested until the Juve game myself like..

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/chroniclelive/

Full story.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=viduka-bolts-back-for-opener%26method=full%26objectid=19510387%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest justin99.

He's going to be really exhausted come the start of the season. Both physically and mentally.

He has only played a couple of games extra compared to our lads, and hasnt played 90mins every time.

We were late compared to alot of other teams starting our pre season fixtures.

Yes Viduka has been playing where its a bit more competitive, but he had a holiday like everyone else, Dont see why his pre-season has been too much more strenuous than everyone else.

Im sure our medical staff and coaches will be carefull, but there isnt much reason why he shouldnt take part in the majority of our pre season games, and he shouldnt be much worse off than anyone else.

Guest onetallpoppy

He has only played a couple of games extra compared to our lads, and hasnt played 90mins every time.

We were late compared to alot of other teams starting our pre season fixtures.

Yes Viduka has been playing where its a bit more competitive, but he had a holiday like everyone else, Dont see why his pre-season has been too much more strenuous than everyone else.

Im sure our medical staff and coaches will be carefull, but there isnt much reason why he shouldnt take part in the majority of our pre season games, and he shouldnt be much worse off than anyone else.

he played 4 fully competitive matches in 35+ temperatures, with 99% humidity after the season. im sure he is fit, but i think he needs a recharge

Given Viduka's propensity to get injured we might be better off wrapping him up in cotton wool, but then we need to offset that against our need to get a good start to the season with an already weakened team.

Someone said that Liverpool played Kewell yesterday though, and Viduka's getting a week more rest than him, so he should be OK.