Penalty Taker?

NSG
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Taylor seems to be a good penalty taker. During the Under 21 tournament last month when he was injured, Peter Taylor said in the studio that he was glad the referee made Taylor take his penalty because he knew he'd score and that he was an excellent taker.

Guest tonydixon

im not sayin carr should take our pens but did he not used to be spurs freekick and pen taker?

Geremi, free kicks and corners aswell.

Love how people talk about Geremi's set piece taking abillty as if he's Sinsia Mihajlovic :lol:

Quite possibly the only free kick he had last season for Chelsea he scored. Scored a lot more for Boro aswell iirc. There's noone else in the squad better than him. Perhaps Nobby on corners. WHo would you have then out of interest?

Geremi, free kicks and corners aswell.

Love how people talk about Geremi's set piece taking abillty as if he's Sinsia Mihajlovic :lol:

Quite possibly the only free kick he had last season for Chelsea he scored. Scored a lot more for Boro aswell iirc. There's noone else in the squad better than him. Perhaps Nobby on corners. WHo would you have then out of interest?

Nobby, Luque, and Milner are all decent in set-pieces imo, I am not saying Geremi isn't good at taking set-pieces i am actually saying that people overate his abilltys when it comes to them :)

Barton took lots for citeh and hardly ever missed.

See Specturms post in this thread.

To be honest, any of these cunts should be able to hit a stationary ball into the corner of the goal with a reasonable amount of force. We shouldn't even have to debate if anyone of them would miss or not.

Guest Deep456

To be honest, any of these c***s should be able to hit a stationary ball into the corner of the goal with a reasonable amount of force. We shouldn't even have to debate if anyone of them would miss or not.

The season before last and last season I was referring to. I think he has scored 6 out of 8. Conversion rate of 75% quite high.

To be honest, any of these c***s should be able to hit a stationary ball into the corner of the goal with a reasonable amount of force. We shouldn't even have to debate if anyone of them would miss or not.

The season before last and last season I was referring to. I think he has scored 6 out of 8. Conversion rate of 75% quite high.

Right. I've racked my brain and have managed to come up with these 8 pens altho 2 of them are from cup games.

4 of them were taken by Barton (1 miss), 2 by Vassell (1 miss), and 2 by Samaras, 0 misses. 6 from 8 between them.

The Barton one I forgot was away to Charlton about 18 months ago (we won 5-2  :coolsmiley:). Drilled straight down the middle, keeper saved it, Barton first to the rebound. I think that must have counted on whatever stats page you're looking at.

How is Viduka at penalties? I don't want Owen on penalties cos he's fucking awful at them.

He took them at Leeds IIRC. Dunno what his record was, but he scored one in the "Premiership Years" I watched the other day.

That makes him a good canditate  ;D

Guest winchestermag

Shay Given, the ball usually ends up in the net when he's involved in penalties unless it is against Derby.

Shay Given, the ball usually ends up in the net when he's involved in penalties unless it is against Derby.

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Just four off the top of my head that he's saved against.

Guest winchestermag

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Leverkusen

Belgrade

Just four off the top of my head that he's saved against.

In the Premiership as we aren't in Europe and when were the Villa and smog ones?