Cassano- Deco- Appiah all still available. (Let's have some fun).

Parky

Appiah signing for us would just be so awesome i wouldn't be able to believe it..i love that guy.....

I'm somewhat surprised at the kind of clubs that have been after him actually. No one that is that outstanding or that might stop us getting him. Considering the price I have seen mentioned is £5 million it would definitely be worth it.

Surprised 'arry isn't sniffing around tbh. We should definitely consider it if we haven't got anyone else in mind. The fact we brought Aldo Duscher in does indicate that we might indeed be after a strong midfielder too. Here's hoping.

Knwoing Fenerbache though, they are probably asking for a lot more than £5 million.

Appiah seemed to me hopeless at Juve.  Has he really improved that much since then?

Henry seemed to me hopeless at Juve. Has he really improved that much since then?

It was a genuine question funny man.  I haven't seen that much of him except at the World Cup (and the World Cup isn't IMO the best arena in which to scout a player).

Guest khyberpass

Love to see Appiah, Deco & Baptista as our 3 man midfield (£20-25m)...Would still leave us £20M to sort defence out...

Appiah seemed to me hopeless at Juve.  Has he really improved that much since then?

Henry seemed to me hopeless at Juve. Has he really improved that much since then?

It was a genuine question funny man.  I haven't seen that much of him except at the World Cup (and the World Cup isn't IMO the best arena in which to scout a player).

Appiah is a very good box to box player with plenty of power, drive, strong in the tackle, has a good shot on him and an eye for a pass. He is an all round midfield player. The Fene fans love him so that tells you something. I disagree on the WC scouting issue as you always find some of the best players in the world playing there (so IMO standard is high). In all the Ghana games he played he was the driving force and looked world class, often the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Him and Barton would be mint IMO in the centre.

Appiah is a very good box to box player with plenty of power, drive, strong in the tackle, has a good shot on him and an eye for a pass. He is an all round midfield player. The Fene fans love him so that tells you something. I disagree on the WC scouting issue as you always find some of the best players in the world playing there (so IMO standard is high). In all the Ghana games he played he was the driving force and looked world class, often the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Him and Barton would be mint IMO in the centre.

The World Cup is a useful place to judge a player's ability when you couple it with observations of the player from other games over a longer term but (I am guessing that) quite a few people on here are probably just judging him on his World Cup performances, all four of them.  In my opinion, that isn't enough. 

If he really is as good as you say he is, lets hope we sign him up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Moe-Ali
Spanish Giants Barcelona have told Newcastle United and Chelsea that they can sign Portuguese midfielder Deco if they cough up £15 million.

The Premiership rivals have both been linked with the talented midfielder in recent weeks and it now appears that Barcelona will let the player go after Spanish media revealed that the club would let the player leave for £15 million.

Deco is facing a battle for a first team place at the Nou Camp, with Yaya Toure, Andres Iniesta and Xavi all seemingly ahead of the playmaker in the pecking order.

http://talkingsoccer.blogspot.com/2007/08/rumour-chelsea-and-newcastle-chase-15m.html

Spanish Giants Barcelona have told Newcastle United and Chelsea that they can sign Portuguese midfielder Deco if they cough up £15 million.

The Premiership rivals have both been linked with the talented midfielder in recent weeks and it now appears that Barcelona will let the player go after Spanish media revealed that the club would let the player leave for £15 million.

Deco is facing a battle for a first team place at the Nou Camp, with Yaya Toure, Andres Iniesta and Xavi all seemingly ahead of the playmaker in the pecking order.

http://talkingsoccer.blogspot.com/2007/08/rumour-chelsea-and-newcastle-chase-15m.html

He's mates with Mourinho though form their Porto days.

Guest Moe-Ali

Thats true, and also ballack is going to be out quite a while now, also Real Madrid showing interest in Ballack, maybe chelsea need someone to partner Lampard after all?

£15m for a player that's nearly 30, no Premiership experience, I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Maybe if it were half that fee, then I think it would be worth the risk, but as Shevchenko showed, even the best players can have trouble making the jump, especially when they're older and lack pace.  I also find it strange that Chelsea are linked, he just doesn't seem like a Chelsea player to me.

£15m for a player that's nearly 30, no Premiership experience, I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Maybe if it were half that fee, then I think it would be worth the risk, but as Shevchenko showed, even the best players can have trouble making the jump, especially when they're older and lack pace.  I also find it strange that Chelsea are linked, he just doesn't seem like a Chelsea player to me.

Concidering we payed £6.3 (close to half) for a left back with no prem experience, that valuation for a very good midfielder isnt bad. I take your point about his age though.

this is like 1 + 1 = 2 unfortunatly football doesn't work like that....

Guest 22bnw

None of them tbh

Appiah and Cassano would be a waste of time and money and Deco had probably never heard of Newcastle until a few weeks ago

Guest rosstoon

None of them tbh

Appiah and Cassano would be a waste of time and money and Deco had probably never heard of Newcastle until a few weeks ago

Have you never been over to spain?? Newcastle are a well known club all around the world!  Champions league we palyed Barcelona a couple of times.

None of them tbh

Have you never been over to spain?? Newcastle are a well known club all around the world!  Champions league we palyed Barcelona a couple of times.

I always imagined we were.

Guest teepee

from what i've seen (champ league and world cup) he is great - would certainly be a great addition to our squad. only thing is his lack of height which is bound to worry sam

as for the other two - no more strikers, certainly not cassano. and deco is too expensive for what you get, isn't really cut out for the epl imo!

Guest 22bnw

None of them tbh

If he knows about us then he'll know not to come anyway tbh