Mort is new Chairman - Shepherd leaves

lovejoy

The way i see it is Mort needs to communicate with the Chronicle/Journal if he is to get the fans on side. No matter how much we go on about the aforementioned papers, nearly all of us read their articles, bullshit or not. How many of us would read the Chronicle if there was nothing about Newcastle United in there?

He says the internal review is going well. I wish he would have given us an approximate timescale on the conclusion as this is quite apparatly causing Big Sam to drag his heals in the transfer market. I wish he would give us a better idea of what exactly they are looking into as part of the review and why it is taking so long if it the most important thing that is going on at the moment.

Mike Ashley needs to come out with a statement about his intentions. So far after the initial SJH buyout he has said very little and it has been left to 'sources' to dish the gossip.

Not really.

He can release statements on the NUFC website and alert SSN's to any news story. Then the next day the Chronicle can pick up on developments.

This club does not need the Chronicle, in fact the fuking thing hinders the club.

I agree that the Chron hinders the club, plus I think our players talk far too much to the local media.

Sick and tired of all the 'We'll bounce back for the next game" Shola, Dyer, Taylor type stories  :undecided:

I'd much rather have the odd one rather than everyday shite. Censor the Chron a little more I reckon, shut Alan up. 

Guest jackmisfit

I hope Ashley never shows his hand. If they go to the paper and say their going to release 50 million for transfers, how much more are other clubs going to charge?

Guest Knightrider

The way i see it is Mort needs to communicate with the Chronicle/Journal if he is to get the fans on side. No matter how much we go on about the aforementioned papers, nearly all of us read their articles, bullshit or not. How many of us would read the Chronicle if there was nothing about Newcastle United in there?

He says the internal review is going well. I wish he would have given us an approximate timescale on the conclusion as this is quite apparatly causing Big Sam to drag his heals in the transfer market. I wish he would give us a better idea of what exactly they are looking into as part of the review and why it is taking so long if it the most important thing that is going on at the moment.

Mike Ashley needs to come out with a statement about his intentions. So far after the initial SJH buyout he has said very little and it has been left to 'sources' to dish the gossip.

Not really, he can do that via the programme, TV, radio, fanzines and fan sites.

Been at work.  Just heard the news.  A beer is has just been cracked open in my house.

Couldn't give a fuck if Mort has no/little experience as a chairman of a football club, I'm sure he'll find his feet and should look to give SA who he wants (within reason).  Although Shepherd would back his managers, he made his mouth go far too much for my liking.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I see your point, especially in the 21st century. TBH i think newspapers will be obsolete in the next 10-15 years. I personally read the news websites in the morning instead of buying a paper.

Reportedly Dein already turned Ashley down regarding coming here.

The main reason Director of Football hasnt worked is because the guy brought in is an old buddy of the manager and not the best person for the job or more commonly brought in by the board without consulting the manager.

The roles of the DOF differ from club to club also. They (like the board and anyone else at the club) have to be on the same page as everyone else, especially the manager. Otherwise they can undermine or conflict with the manager.

If we bring anyone in at that role, it has to be someone that can work alongside BSA. I think its more likely there will be a position created for someone that can deal with transfers  ( and do the job Freddie was alledgedly doing)whether its a "Director of Football" I dont know.

Allardyce had the set up differently at Bolton, breaking the DOF roles down through a plethera of scouts and several different staff. Although Gartside played a big part in signings, something Mort/Ashley probably wont so much.

I thought part of the DOF role was also taken by Mike Forde at Bolton?

I think a DOF can work if he's working under the manager, taking away some of the admin or long-term infrastructure type tasks. If he's working for the Chairman, acting as the alternative mouthpiece on football-related matters, dee-sas-ter.

Guest Knightrider

I see your point, especially in the 21st century. TBH i think newspapers will be obsolete in the next 10-15 years. I personally read the news websites in the morning instead of buying a paper.

I agree, and the Chronicle know it, their sales are down and they are losing advertisers fast. I used to advertise with them, costing me fortunes, now don't, I use the web instead, for a fraction of the cost I can place my ad on a side that gets thousands of targeted visitors. Also people are now more up to speed with news via their mobiles and palm pilots, locals like to read local news of course, but most people buy the chronicle for NUFC stuff and can get local news on teletext or North East news tonight on TV/radio.

Also something i've noticed especially with my friends, or younger people in pubs or people at work is that they all once believed in the Chronicle, and had very strange and warped views on football and especially NUFC and how it was ran.

Armed with about 5% of the actual knowledge of the club they all thought we were in good condition, Freddy was our Saviour, and that GR deserved another chance and Souness was unlucky. After putting them right several times they've actually seen the light and take Anal as the fool that he really is, and have gone searching to find out more about the club they 'support'.

Times are changing, people are turning their back on the Chronicle and its spreading. All i ever hear now is the Chronicle is only good on a Thursday from people, the same people who swore down everything they read at the back was nailed on and Anal was some sort of genius.

Guest Knightrider

Also something i've noticed especially with my friends, or younger people in pubs or people at work is that they all once believed in the Chronicle, and had very strange and warped views on football and especially NUFC and how it was ran.

Armed with about 5% of the actual knowledge of the club they all thought we were in good condition, Freddy was our Saviour, and that GR deserved another chance and Souness was unlucky. After putting them right several times they've actually seen the light and take Anal as the fool that he really is, and have gone searching to find out more about the club they 'support'.

Times are changing, people are turning their back on the Chronicle and its spreading. All i ever hear now is the Chronicle is only good on a Thursday from people, the same people who swore down everything they read at the back was nailed on and Anal was some sort of genius.

I hear that too, for the job pullout. I was speaking to one of their sales reps in advertising a while back, they're struggling to justify their prices in the face of internet competition, I mean N.O gets more traffic than they do, why should someone pay them say 100 quid a week to say sell old programmes, when they could come on here and pay 20 quid, and sell them all in one go?

It's alright when they do a double page on an ex-player talking about his time with NUFC. 

Although arguably The Mag do a better job in their "Whey Aye man, he played for the Toon".

Bit concerned over his lack of football knowledge and experience, he hardly compares well to the likes of Keyon, Gill or Dein.

Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea all have chairmen with no football experience when they took charge.

It's alright when they do a double page on an ex-player talking about his time with NUFC. 

Although arguably The Mag do a better job in their "Whey Aye man, he played for the Toon".

They've had the life of luxury for a long time, but let their lead reporter get far too close to the club, and he fell into the back pocket of a failing chairman desperate to keep the fans off his back.

Surely a senior editor must see that this wasn't impartial journalism anymore? But no, they carried on with sensationalized stories and instead of appeasing the fans and readers, they've became the enemy, and their attempt at a forum shows the level of contempt people have not only for Anal, but now for the paper themselves.

The Chronicle would be wise to start their own new era, and bring in a fresh new team to report on the club and phase or even sack the self titled 'peoples mouth ring piece'.

I hear that too, for the job pullout. I was speaking to one of their sales reps in advertising a while back, they're struggling to justify their prices in the face of internet competition, I mean N.O gets more traffic than they do, why should someone pay them say 100 quid a week to say sell old programmes, when they could come on here and pay 20 quid, and sell them all in one go?

Its dying on all areas, but i can't help believe the back pages being so steeped in bullshit is the main reason people are not buying.

Papers do have now a natural fight against other media sources, but in the end quality of the articles will win out, there's been nothing quality about the back pages for some time now.

I honestly think we've got a better team of writers here, and if given the chance our lads would show them lot up on all fronts.

A crucial transfer window is the worst place possible to start though isn't it?

I agree with what you're saying, but if he hacks it, then surely thats a positive

No other real choice though, especially if something was up with the police raids or clubs findings.

Maybe it was just the daft clauses that made them take action, although Craig David believes a lot had to do with FS ill health and was the main reason he's walked away.

Any which way, its probably not what they had planned, it might be sooner than expected, or this guy might just be the dogs bollocks and we've hit a gem in the making. His previous does suggest this man is a leading light in the world of business, i'm happy to have him, but it would be nice for a footballing man to be in with him to keep it a football club in need of a businessman, and not ending up a business needing a footballing man.

Guest Knightrider

Its dying on all areas, but i can't help believe the back pages being so steeped in bullshit is the main reason people are not buying.

Papers do have now a natural fight against other media sources, but in the end quality of the articles will win out, there's been nothing quality about the back pages for some time now.

I honestly think we've got a better team of writers here, and if given the chance our lads would show them lot up on all fronts.

A fucken men, agree 100% and with your other post, top ranting/posting

Their forum is a joke and if they don't heed the warning, they'll feel the imapct full on, like FS has who a few months back was sitting in his ivory tower, now he's been sacked. Yes he's richer now, but he IS GUTTED.

A fucken men, agree 100% and with your other post, top ranting/posting

Their forum is a joke and if they don't heed the warning, they'll feel the imapct full on, like FS has who a few months back was sitting in his ivory tower, now he's been sacked. Yes he's richer now, but he IS GUTTED.

Aye. Making the same mistakes, treating us as mugs, people won't protest outside of the Chronicle head office, but they will stop buying. I simply cannot believe why the powers that be inside the Chronicle head office are not asking serious questions about A: Where their custom has gone. B: Why so many people have a negative opinion about the paper. C: Why so many people detest Anal so much so that they'd sign up to their forums just to slag him off, be banned and go to the trouble to re register to do the exact same things.

People have their critics, but fuk me, they simply need to pull their head out of the sand before their castle crumbles when the wave of 'where the fuk has everybody gone?' hits them.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Journal will tomorrow say what this will mean to Big Sam

ITK or speculating (is that you Alan)?

Journal will tomorrow say what this will mean to Big Sam

ITK or speculating (is that you Alan)?

:lol: Well the paper isn't just going to ignore it completely.