Allardyce rules out Curtis Davies move

Guest sicko2ndbest

"Steven Taylor is a very, very good prospect and to put Curtis Davies in there - both are in their early 20s - would be the wrong thing to do," Big Sam said.

Sol pleed.

Well at least now we know. I like it when Sam lets us at least know the players he isn't after.

The pool of defnders shrinks yet again though. Who could we possibly be after?

Anyone get the feeling Taylor might not start this season ... Rozehnal is looking really classy and if we add another top experienced defender, we might be better off pairing this defender with Roz.

Someone ought to change the thread title by the way!

i personally think he could be waiting for the heinze situation to resolve itself before bidding for hyppia or riise.....yes i realise we need more defenders that just  one of those two

i personally think he could be waiting for the heinze situation to resolve itself before bidding for hyppia or riise.....yes i realise we need more defenders that just  one of those two

I would like to think Heinze is also a target for Allardyce, it would be a bit of a gamble because of his form since injury but I'd take the chance on him, I'd rather him than Riise.

I would like to think Heinze is also a target for Allardyce, it would be a bit of a gamble because of his form since injury but I'd take the chance on him, I'd rather him than Riise.

don't think heinze would come here,but hyppia would and riise might if heinze takes over at left back

Guest Knightrider

I personally think Sam wants a Hyypia type figure to complete his central defensive options - for now. That will give him a pool to work with of a new experienced old head with Taylor, Rozehnal and Ramage. He'll be happy with that and while he'll not make Ramage a world beater, the United man will become a solid and dependable player for us under Sam in the same way Hunt has done for Bolton, before moving on due to the emergence of say Huntington or Edgar, or the purchase of a top-class replacement for the "old head". I don't expect two centre-backs to come in, just the one, an old head.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

while he'll not make Ramage a world beater, the United man will become a solid and dependable player for us under Sam in the same way Hunt has done for Bolton

fuck off

Ramage