Rob Lee and Warren Barton arrested

Guest gggg

That is brilliant.  I found out on a skynews flash and it's main headline on the skynews uk website. 

Barton was hardly an england star

They should have said he was the World's most expensive defender when he joined Newcastle, that would sound more impressive.

got this vision in my mind of shearer being bored at home and picks up the phone..................

ring ring

"hello"

"hello"

"al,is that you ?"

"yes,get me an erm..................limo"

"ok,as ever,whatever you say"

phone goes dead.

rob lee looks at warren..."it's al he wants a limo"

alan shearer and neil ruddock pissing themselves rolling round shearers sitting room.

Lee of all players!

Always saw Barton as a bit of a joker back in the day, always seen Lee as a bit of a role model tbh.

How can a landlord that steals a limo and crashes it into a white van not be considered a role model ;)

Not my role model any more ;)

Seriously the last ex/current Toon player I'd have thought would get caught up in something like this though. I said that about Nobby too when he crashed his car last year.

You're obviously a shit judge of character melan!

Guest KeithKettleborough

Bit surprised in some ways and will be a bit of a slur for Lee especially if the case is proven. Still fits in perfectly with the clubs role models of the past few years. What with Bowyer, Dyer, Shepherd, Hall etc, it means he is a cert for assistant manager when Shearer takes the job.

I heard he thought a lot of himself, a real big head and that was one of the main reasons why Gullit didn't want much to do with him. Clash of the heeds maybe.

Won't mention the testimonial either  ???

Bit surprised in some ways and will be a bit of a slur for Lee especially if the case is proven. Still fits in perfectly with the clubs role models of the past few years. What with Bowyer, Dyer, Shepherd, Hall etc, it means he is a cert for assistant manager when Shearer takes the job.

I heard he thought a lot of himself, a real big head and that was one of the main reasons why Gullit didn't want much to do with him. Clash of the heeds maybe.

Won't mention the testimonial either  ???

Bit harsh there with the comparison. Those people you mentioned are hardly role models. At least Crumpy attacks Nobby (who is seen as a role model) for cheating on his wife.

And eventhough the testimonial was dull and we lost (2-0) and only 28k showed up - he was still well received.

As far as this story is concerned... He was pissed and with one of his mates and they stole a limo... hardly a serious crime. Bit of a laugh really.