Allardyce says 'I am proper cacking myself'

Dave

Seems to me that all those who have expressed certain worries have been correct to do so. Posts around here have argued that all will be ok, that the cash is there & that the takeover wouldn't affect anything.

Mort has said that there will be signings but that stupid money (no definition) would not be spent. SA has said that the takeover has caused problems, that the new owners are not adjusted to the pace of things in securing quality players,  that he has missed out on his top targets, that he is struggling to sell Newcastle as a club to come to & that the signings he makes will not be of the quality he had hoped for.

Those with "Blind Faith" syndrome need to start realising that everything isn't going hunky dorey & whilst this may be a long road that MA has set out upon that short term quick wins are also going to be very important. So far (repeat so far) we have been a damp squib this pre-season.

A good start to the season & feel good factor will be pivotal to how quickly we progress. Whether people like it or not we need to qualify for europe & whatever steps/ money etc that is required to achieve this should be as given.

Guest Gemmill

Seems to me that all those who have expressed certain worries have been correct to do so. Posts around here have argued that all will be ok, that the cash is there & that the takeover wouldn't affect anything.

Mort has said that there will be signings but that stupid money (no definition) would not be spent. SA has said that the takeover has caused problems, that the new owners are not adjusted to the pace of things in securing quality players,  that he has missed out on his top targets, that he is struggling to sell Newcastle as a club to come to & that the signings he makes will not be of the quality he had hoped for.

Those with "Blind Faith" syndrome need to start realising that everything isn't going hunky dorey & whilst this may be a long road that MA has set out upon that short term quick wins are also going to be very important. So far (repeat so far) we have been a damp squib this pre-season.

A good start to the season & feel good factor will be pivotal to how quickly we progress. Whether people like it or not we need to qualify for europe & whatever steps/ money etc that is required to achieve this should be as given.

I think there's a realisation from most now that the transfer window hasn't gone as Allardyce might have liked it.  My initial issue with the threads you were starting was the unnecessary "Mr. Ashley, where's your money gone!  Show me the money!" stance, when you really had no idea as to whether he was being forthcoming with transfer funds or not, and the "Where are the signings!?  I NEED SIGNINGS" outbursts when we basically hadn't got someone in for a couple of weeks.  I don't think it's blind faith to preach a bit of patience, especially when it's very clear that the new manager is doing his utmost to get bodies through the door.

We all want to see new signings at the club, but pressing the panic button in the first couple of weeks of July and having a go at a new owner who has been at the club for about a month didn't make much sense to me or others it seems.

The time to make judgements is when the window closes.  Be concerned by all means (I am, it's clear Allardyce is), but don't go daft about it.  Not having a go btw, but I'm a bit sick of this talk of "blind faith" syndrome and the I-told-you-so posts.

Until recently, there were the top 4 clubs and then Newcastle.  We paid high wages and were often in Europe and so were able to pick the best of the rest.  However, Spurs have overtaken us and are in Europe and in London.  West Ham are paying stupid wages and are in London.  Villa and City have money behind them with good managers and good facilities.  Everton are a steady ship and in Europe.  Portsmouth have a "charismatic" manager who has proved he can rejuvenate players careers.

Newcastle are now an unknown quantity.  How will Allaradyce do with better quality players?  Do the new owners actually want him as their manager?  What kind of offers are they making to potential signings?  We are not in Europe.  And so on.

We are now having to compete with other clubs and it seems we are not so attractive as we once were.  There are other options for players.  We would have struggled to get rid of Dyer not so long ago because of his wages but that is not a problem for other clubs now with the new money from new owners and the TV deal.

Allardyce has got a helluva job to do.

Until recently, there were the top 4 clubs and then Newcastle.  We paid high wages and were often in Europe and so were able to pick the best of the rest.  However, Spurs have overtaken us and are in Europe and in London.  West Ham are paying stupid wages and are in London.  Villa and City have money behind them with good managers and good facilities.  Everton are a steady ship and in Europe.  Portsmouth have a "charismatic" manager who has proved he can rejuvenate players careers.

Newcastle are now an unknown quantity.  How will Allaradyce do with better quality players?  Do the new owners actually want him as their manager?  What kind of offers are they making to potential signings?  We are not in Europe.  And so on.

We are now having to compete with other clubs and it seems we are not so attractive as we once were.  There are other options for players.  We would have struggled to get rid of Dyer not so long ago because of his wages but that is not a problem for other clubs now with the new money from new owners and the TV deal.

you really believe that there were 4 top clubs then US, historically? Wow.

I think there's a realisation from most now that the transfer window hasn't gone as Allardyce might have liked it.  My initial issue with the threads you were starting was the unnecessary "Mr. Ashley, where's your money gone!  Show me the money!" stance, when you really had no idea as to whether he was being forthcoming with transfer funds or not, and the "Where are the signings!?  I NEED SIGNINGS" outbursts when we basically hadn't got someone in for a couple of weeks.  I don't think it's blind faith to preach a bit of patience, especially when it's very clear that the new manager is doing his utmost to get bodies through the door.

We all want to see new signings at the club, but pressing the panic button in the first couple of weeks of July and having a go at a new owner who has been at the club for about a month didn't make much sense to me or others it seems.

The time to make judgements is when the window closes.  Be concerned by all means (I am, it's clear Allardyce is), but don't go daft about it.  Not having a go btw, but I'm a bit sick of this talk of "blind faith" syndrome and the I-told-you-so posts.

Gemmill, no intention to say told you so to anyone. My and others like mine previous posts did not ask the questions you state above. We just thought it'd be prudent to ask for & expect a little bit of information from MA & his team as opposed to the majority of posts saying it would be ok.

Quite why Dave has labelled some members knob heads is a mystery especially as this is attached to a piece that clearly shows that things haven't gone as well as most would have believed.

Gemmill, no intention to say told you so to anyone. My and others like mine previous posts did not ask the questions you state above. We just thought it'd be prudent to ask for & expect a little bit of information from MA & his team as opposed to the majority of posts saying it would be ok.

Quite why Dave has labelled some members knob heads is a mystery especially as this is attached to a piece that clearly shows that things haven't gone as well as most would have believed.

i can understand asking the questions,i can't understand why you should expect answers,is it good sense to for ashley/allardyce to say we are desperate for defenders...what then happens to the price when we enquire,other clubs know we are no longer able to say "take it or leave it" so much and we lose strength in the bargaining process.

there is a lot to be said in saying f*** all!

Mort seems to be saying the right things, we all know Fat Heed likes to use the media to whinge, and we know WE want results.

Everyone has their own interests and agendi (thats the plural), thats life/football/business/whatever.

We are in a much, much beter position than we were under that lying twat Roeder and the Fat Man, but we all know there is a lot more to do.

Beyond that, there's not a lot to say, for me.

Financially (and that, I think most will agree, is a major aspect of football these days) we have been part of a well-clear-from-all-the-rest "Big Five" for a very long time, probably ten years or more.

So yes. over the last four years or so, Wallace is right, we were "fifth" behind the current top four, with no real competition. Prior to that (since a time not long after the Premiership replaced the 1st Division) we were higher than fifth, both financially and performance-wise, as we were usually ahead of Chelsea in the league and quite often ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal.

Good post Wallace - perhaps not a 'fashionable' post in these days where it is more fashionable to automatically downsize our club in words, on here!!

Guest Gemmill

Financially (and that, I think most will agree, is a major aspect of football these days) we have been part of a well-clear-from-all-the-rest "Big Five" for a very long time, probably ten years or more.

So yes. over the last four years or so, Wallace is right, we were "fifth" behind the current top four, with no real competition. Prior to that (since a time not long after the Premiership replaced the 1st Division) we were higher than fifth, both financially and performance-wise, as we were always ahead of Chelsea in the league and often ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal.

Good post Wallace - perhaps not a 'fashionable' post in these days where it is more fashionable to downsize our club, in the words of many posters on here!

Eh?  He's saying what the rest of us are saying - i.e. we've fallen away and there are other clubs that have caught up or are ahead of us. 

So yes. over the last four years or so, Wallace is right, we were "fifth" behind the current top four, with no real competition. Prior to that (since a time not long after the Premiership replaced the 1st Division) we were higher than fifth, both financially and performance-wise, as we were always ahead of Chelsea in the league and often ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal.

Good post Wallace - perhaps not a 'fashionable' post in these days where it is more fashionable to downsize our club, in the words of many posters on here!

Eh?  He's saying what the rest of us are saying - i.e. we've fallen away and there are other clubs that have caught up or are ahead of us. 

. . .  er . . .  exactly what we are both saying, why are you repeating it? The 'new money' clubs this season, are spending big in the transfer market, some more easily attracting players than we are now.

The quality of the players being bought by them, has not really attracted me too much though, to be honest.

Wallaces point that I was confirming (that was being seemingly challenged) was where we were historically (recently, historically) within the Premier League in terms of buying/attracting good players. It has become much more difficult recently (over recent months, particularly).

If Allardyce can get a club like Bolton into the top 6; he should be able to do way better than that with us. :p

At the moment it sounds as if he's making excuses already. He shouldn't have got rid of our other defenders until he had suitable replacements; we're desperate now and I think other clubs will know this and try to rob us.

I still have faith in him and I think our new board know what they're doing. We'll have to see what has happened by the start of the season before we start flapping. :p

Mort seems to be saying the right things, we all know Fat Heed likes to use the media to whinge, and we know WE want results.

Everyone has their own interests and agendi (thats the plural), thats life/football/business/whatever.

:nope: No it's not.  If you were going Roman on us, it would be agendae not agendi.  It's only -i for the plural if the singular ends in -us. As it happens agenda is the plural, of agendum.

[/smug t***]

If Allardyce can get a club like Bolton into the top 6; he should be able to do way better than that with us. :p

At the moment it sounds as if he's making excuses already. He shouldn't have got rid of our other defenders until he had suitable replacements; we're desperate now and I think other clubs will know this and try to rob us.

I still have faith in him and I think our new board know what they're doing. We'll have to see what has happened by the start of the season before we start flapping. :p

What  a load of bollocks? Everyone on here was chuffed to bits when he let those players go. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but none of those players would improve our current starting 11.

Sam was right to let those players go - they were not good enough for us, we are better off without them, even if we can only replace them by bringing our own young kids in from the reserves or juniors (which will not happen).

Sam is also aware that there is no point buying "identikit" replacements of the same low quality, only with different names!!  That is why it is taking him a while to get good/top quality players in. He is not going to waste his time and our time and the clubs money, by replacing Bramble with Bramble-Jones, or whoever.

Jesus Christ.

The above discussion mirrors our situation so much, it is slightly freaky. Even down to the "why's he selling defenders without lining up replacements" thing.

We're shitting ourselves too.

Guest Ridzuan

Stop the talking and do the signing Big Sam.I agree that he is right in not bringing in players just for the reason of increasing the size of the squad,but if he is going to stick to that policy until the league start,then there will be serious problem.He needs to put in more effort now if he wants to bring the players that he believe will be a great asset for us.

Guest Newbie

Stop the talking and do the signing Big Sam.I agree that he is right in not bringing in players just for the reason of increasing the size of the squad,but if he is going to stick to that policy until the league start,then there will be serious problem.He needs to put in more effort now if he wants to bring the players that he believe will be a great asset for us.

I don't think it's a lack of effort on Sam's part, I think our new chairman is being much tighter with the budget than they are prepared to let on. The most worrying thing is we don't even seem to be linked to any players which suggests any new signings aren't on the immediate horizon.

Guest Ridzuan

I don't think it's a lack of effort on Sam's part, I think our new chairman is being much tighter with the budget than they are prepared to let on.

Heard that they has yet to tell Big Sam on their budget.

Sam's been saying all week he's trying to sign players so he can hardly try any harder but we definately need 2 signings by the end of the week so they get to play in at least 2 frendlies, we cant start the season with a defence playing their first game together.

Some people on here need to chill the fck out.

we chilled out last summer aswell.

as allardyce has already pointed out,we may not now get the quality we would have liked/he would have expected.

:lol:

Only a joke mate.

Although he says quality is running out other than Ben Haim im struggling to think of other quality defenders or players that have moves.???

doesn't necessarily have to be players that have moved,you can want players who are still with their clubs

we chilled out last summer aswell.

as allardyce has already pointed out,we may not now get the quality we would have liked/he would have expected.

We will get defenders.  What bothers me the most is peoples expectations have gone through the roof since MA took over and papers were reporting 50 mil to spend etc.

It may take us a couple of years to get back to where we used to be, and maybe a couple more to have a say in where trophies end up. 

This is whats wrong with NUFC fans, no patients.