Season Tickets - What's in YOUR wallet?

Guest Gemmill

What exactly does the Magpie Mover include? Just local public transport, and if local, as in how far out of Newcastle? Is there just one per ST allowed?

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Guest newcastle4life

was on tour yesterday round st james and there was a few scanners out in the vip boxes so i suppose there will be in the normal stands aswell.

We were doing this last season and i went the first match where this system was implemented (DB10 testi) and the main issue was older people getting confused by it.

Also, this wont be an issue up your way i think, but if it was put next to an Oyster (underground) card thingy it would f*** it up

Aside from this, there was no negatvie issues and really does save time, all levels of membership at the arse are using this system and they easily add tickets on a game to game basis.

Thumbs up to the system

Also i think Man City first introduced this in English football didnt they?

Edit: Also on matches which go to general sale where paper tickets are issues the card readers read these too which is very usefull!

What exactly does the Magpie Mover include? Just local public transport, and if local, as in how far out of Newcastle? Is there just one per ST allowed?

Eh? Eh? Eh?

can only use sofar before the game and so long after the match aswell,something like 2 hrs before and 2 after i think.

Eh? Eh? Eh?

3 hours before the game, 3 hours after the game, within the 'Tyne and Wear' region (i.e. as far south as Chester le Street), and one per season ticket.

The Mapie Mover gives you use of the bus, the metro, S*nderl*nd to Blaydon Rail line and the Shields Ferry up to 3 hours before the match and three hours after for all home First Team Matches.

It is a bargain and I always get one.  I always get a laugh at the number of idiots who try to travel without a ticket on matchday, there is always, 100% guareteed, insprectors at Central, Monument and Haymarket Metro Stations before and after the match.  £20 fine if you don't have a £1:70 ticket... no brainer to me!

My card came today as well.  It looks like it works by proximity so you only have to put the card near the reader for it to register you in.  My dad has a pensioners ticket and it looks the same as mine but, with the words "senior citizen" on it.  If he wants to give his card to someone who should pay full price it is possible to pay the difference in advance at the ticket office.

The only down side is that you will have to really trust the person you sell your ticket to for games that you cannot get to yourself...  No tickets for sale announcements in Sam Jacks on a Saturday afternoon now, unless the box office will issue "one off" tickets for you when you are unable to go.  Doubt it though because one of the terms and conditions of owning a season ticket is that it is none transferrable and only the named person is supposed to use it.

Anyway, looking forward to getting soaked at the Celtic match tonight............ 

re sharing a ticket...

We've moved to cards for this season, too, after a trial in part of the Holte End last year.

This is what happens with ours - if you can't make a match, you call the club who will send you a paper ticket for your seat for the match in question, and your card gets deactivated for that game. You then give that ticket to the sharer.

So, in fact, it is every bit as easy to share tickets.

The magpie movers are a bargain!

im not sure how far away you can use it but you can use the metro,train,bus,ferry

well worth £12.50 because i get the metro every match

re sharing a ticket...

We've moved to cards for this season, too, after a trial in part of the Holte End last year.

This is what happens with ours - if you can't make a match, you call the club who will send you a paper ticket for your seat for the match in question, and your card gets deactivated for that game. You then give that ticket to the sharer.

So, in fact, it is every bit as easy to share tickets.

No it isn't. I used to just be able to give someone the ticket I already had, with no phoning the club required. Plus I have to rely on them actually sending me the paper ticket.

Sounds like a good scheme though, I would imagine it should make things quicker if it works. If it doesn't it will be a lot slower though - I wonder what contingency plans are in place for if/when individual readers fuck up or if the whole system goes down. Chaos!

Guest henke

Also i think Man City first introduced this in English football didnt they?

Edit: Also on matches which go to general sale where paper tickets are issues the card readers read these too which is very usefull!

Man city send out single game "smart" tickets for the away fans, i was fair steaming the year before last and couldnt get my head around it.

The magpie movers are a bargain!

im not sure how far away you can use it but you can use the metro,train,bus,ferry

well worth £12.50 because i get the metro every match

Usually don't bother with a Mover ticket cos I've always just used me bus card however now I'm living in Gateshead it might be worth getting it just for the Metro alone, save trying to get over the bloody bridge on Saturday dinnertime!!s

What's in my wallet? Fuck all yet, still hasn't arrived! Has everyone else got theirs now?

I changed me address when purchasing it so it's more than likely been totally balls'ed up!!

Guest the_guv_nor

Paid for my season ticket ages ago. recieved a letter from NUFC expecting it to be my season ticket and it was a letter to all people on the 'waiting list' reminding you to buy a season ticket asap!

The bastards better send me my season ticket before the start of the season... unlike last year.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the Boro sites says that today was a complete catastrophe with the season ticket cards and they ended up having to change to manual because of the queues, many fans missing kick off.

Get there early for the Villa game I'd say.

One of the Boro sites says that today was a complete catastrophe with the season ticket cards and they ended up having to change to manual because of the queues, many fans missing kick off.

Baaaaallocccccks, they just didn't go!

Guest unrealterrorist

Baaaaallocccccks, they just didn't go!

I hope your right dont want to be waiting 30 minutes to get in