Dyer's replacement

TRon

Link?

Its on one of the World videos, but haven't got the time to look at them all. Check out Hartlepool post match though - it is clear that Allardyce rates him extremely highly.

Link?

Its on one of the World videos, but haven't got the time to look at them all. Check out Hartlepool post match though - it is clear that Allardyce rates him extremely highly.

And he says he's irreplaceable and is the BEST IN THE WORLD at carrying the ball? Give over man.

The first two sentences were said by Allardyce himself last week. The third sentence is the general consensus of the forum.

The second paragraph gathers that info, saying we will therefore have to reshuffle instead of replace.

So what is so funny about that?

You're saying you've strung together some random comments made by different people and you make it look as if you're saying it.

Then you wonder what is funny about it.

OK.

No, I'm saying that other people can voice the same opinions without being laughed at.

A lot of people are being very forgetful and fickle methinks, now he's likely to leave.

keven nolan ?

not really sure, as dyer doesnt really have a position how can we replace that? "any players out there that dont really have a position out there"!

I think we should stick to what we need which is defenders!

Guest Toonie

we just need good solid midfield cover. I think Emre - Barton is a solid midfield 2 in a 442 but we will need someone as all our players are injury prone.

Link?

And he says he's irreplaceable and is the BEST IN THE WORLD at carrying the ball? Give over man.

He said he couldn't find another player who could run forward with the ball more effectively iirc.

Guest graemeh72

steed malbranque part exchange

or even danny murphy if it comes to it

i'd prefer eddie murphy tbh

Hasn't the Steed played a number of games through the centre during his career? Never thought of him as a proper out and out winger.

Wouldn't say Dyer is either though, so Malbranque would be logical. Reckon Malbranque could do well in a number of different systems and positions, I'd be happy enough getting him in.

Link?

He said he couldn't find another player who could run forward with the ball more effectively iirc.

tbh i think all football professinals can run foward with the ball effectively but dyer has a bit of speed with him. gerrard is the 1st player i could find who can be more effective then dyer and theres plenty more

By the way, although I think that Dyer is one of the best on the planet when it comes to running on the ball with speed, he is far from the best player in the world, in fact the rest of his game is very limited. However any good manager knows that a player and a team should play to their strengths, and there are definitely worthwhile assets that can be obtained from a used correctly Kieron Dyer.

Bobby Robson did that, and we finished 4th, 3rd and 5th. Many forget Dyer's crucial role in many matches, including the 3-2 win over Feyenoord.

Other players that possess any real attacking attributes that can make the difference between defeat and victory are out of our reach. We just finished 13th remember? Thus Dyer is irreplaceable for us.

If he goes, the best we can do is reshuffle the team, make the most of the fact that we no longer have to accomodate a player that doesn't fit amongst the conventional tactical systems, and then spend the money on whatever areasare weakened by the reshuffle.

All this Dyer is world class, Dyer is irreplaceable. Get a fucking grip lad.

His injury record and ability to turn up for every 1 game in 20 is unrepeatable.

His injury problems ended in 2006. And Newcastle United have always beenmuch much much worse when he's been injured.

George Burley

Ruud Gullit

Sir Bobby Robson

Kevin Keegan

Sven Goran Eriksson

Graeme Souness

Glenn Roeder

Steve McClaren

Sam Allardyce

The above either thought he was good enough to play for England, or picked him to play in the starting XI whenever fit. These are footballers and managers. They'll have better footballing knowledge than anyone on this forum, even the shit managers on that list, and they've all recognised the quality of Kieron Dyer.