Celtic fans - disgrace

Guest Knightrider

Guest Douga

thought to have all the following they did was terrific

all the people outside the irish centre singing before the gamee looked quality

would never be matched from any club in engalnd for a friendly

Nt much trouble for the amount of people i say

In fairness, Rangers are just as bad. Both clubs have a sizeable, bigoted element.

I've only seen a Scottish club play at our place once, and that was Rangers in 1976.

A quick glance at the first few pages of this thread will give you an idea of what it was like:

http://www.heroesandvillains.info/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=13346

Makes for appalling reading. I posted a few months ago about a Toon fan with a loyalist tattoo on the way back from an away game spilling bile about Catholics and the Irish, I find the whole thing utterly disdainful.

So glad I wasn't born into this sort of shite and told which team to support and who to mix with because of the mad religious beliefs of some bloke who poured water over my fucking head without my permission. My dad lived in Scotland for a long time, thankfully his allegiance is with Hearts and only Hearts.

Surprise, surprise. Could've told you this before last night, in fact I probably have, but of course, everyone loves Celtic and their 'great' fans. Until one threatens to slash you and be off with your trainers...

Often hear, "They never caused trouble in Seville", well aye, cause it was too expensive for half the tramp bastards to make it over. Fact. Rangers are just as bad, it's Glasgow man. Full of fucking scum. Although, there are other teams in Scotland just as bad, Aberdeen being one.

Think the lack of trouble in Seville was probably more to do with the fact there was no English to have a go at. They (both) always treat any trip to England as, as I think ujpest doza said it best, a re-enactment of Bannockburn.

Partly true, but it also has a lot to do with the fact only certain types could afford to go. Celtic fans on the whole, in Glasgow, tend to be from the poorer parts of Glasgow. Up here, they certainly have more scummy bastards than Rangers do, although on travels I guess there's no real difference.

The anti-English thing is spot on though, it's fucking pathetic and gets fueled from all corners of the country.  This isn't a Glasgow-specific problem.  I'd probably say it's even a bit better in Glasgow than the rest of the place.

Think the lack of trouble in Seville was probably more to do with the fact there was no English to have a go at. They (both) always treat any trip to England as, as I think ujpest doza said it best, a re-enactment of Bannockburn.

It's amazing how many have flags with "Remember Bannockburn" printed on them, I used to piss them right off when I reminded them about Culloden. bluelaugh.gif

They are a load of twats, i had a chuckle when the guy behind me chanted, 'ooooooh its great to be a protestant!' i was sitting near them and i could hear what they were saying back at him, was along the lines of 'oooooo fack off, we piss on the queen' or something to that effect, he was so drunk he was slurring his words, couldnt quite catch it.

A loud drunk shouty Glasgow accent scares me. :blush:

Don't say that, cause they also say it!  And believe it.  They think everyone in England is scared of Scottish accents/folk, they get off on this.

:(

Don't say that, cause they also say it!  And believe it.  They think everyone in England is scared of Scottish accents/folk, they get off on this.

Just seen your edit... :(

Bald bears are harder to take seriously. :razz:

:hmm:

We'll see about that!

Just wait till they hear yours Dave ;)

Guest toonlass

Did you know that you can drink your own piss and it wont do you any harm, but if you drink someone elses it will make you puke. To be honest if I drank my own piss the thought of it would make me vomit. And some of the beers at the away games tastes like watered down piss(or what I imagine watered down piss to taste like, before any smart arse comments).

Guest thenorthumbrian

thought to have all the following they did was terrific

all the people outside the irish centre singing before the gamee looked quality

would never be matched from any club in engalnd for a friendly

Nt much trouble for the amount of people i say

Its a shame that some people seem to have seen bother (although if you weren't at the game you can't really comment).

I was out drinking before and after the match and in bars in the city centre with Celtic fans who had a few on board (shock horror) but for the most part were pretty friendly.

Maybe I was just lucky.

And if there was as much trouble as people are making out how come there were only 15 arrests all night ? probably less than a normal friday night oin the toon.