Silvestre Turns Us Down

Crumpy Gunt

As said earlier, Silvestre would be lucky to last out the season before the fans turned on him and slagged off Allardyce for signing him. He is a poor defender who makes a lot of mistakes. He would be treated no differently than Bramble or Boumsong.

People seem to think Manchester United and France and suddenly that makes him a good defender but there is a reason Ferguson would entertain offers and has made sure he has plenty of players in the positions Silvestre played in.

As said earlier, Silvestre would be lucky to last out the season before the fans turned on him and slagged off Allardyce for signing him. He is a poor defender who makes a lot of mistakes. He would be treated no differently than Bramble or Boumsong.

People seem to think Manchester United and France and suddenly that makes him a good defender but there is a reason Ferguson would entertain offers and has made sure he has plenty of players in the positions Silvestre played in.

this.

he's fucking crap imo

this.

he's fucking crap imo

He's not as good as he used to be, but I wouldn't say he was crap.

this.

he's f****** crap imo

i think he has always been crap.

would you rather he came than campbell?

I'd rather neither tbh. Both are one injury away from losing interest in football altogether.

this.

he's f****** crap imo

i think he has always been crap.

would you rather he came than campbell?

I'd rather neither tbh. Both are one injury away from losing interest in football altogether.

Today in Dutch paper:

AZ Alkmaar turn down offer Newcastle for Gretnar Steinsson.

He's a RB and AZ wants 6 mil Euro for him and Newcastle only wanted to give 2.

I'm not surprised they turned down ?4m euro from Boro.

Are you sure they wanted to pay 4m?

EURO.

Yes, I know but our bod doesn't make sense if that's true.

EURO.

Who really knows who's bidding what. I've never heard of him is he any good? Icelandic?

EURO.

Who really knows who's bidding what. I've never heard of him is he any good? Icelandic?

Icelandic, yes. Don't know if he's good enough but he should be better than Carr. 

John O'Shea anyone ...

Definitely. Much better choice than Silvestre. LB, CB, RB, CM. Versatile player that can play just about anywhere. (Like Geremi in that respect) But I think he's content to sit on the bench at Manchester United. Too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh quotes from Silvestre in L'Equipe this morning...

"I've turned down a nice opportunity, but there isn't enough money in the world that would make me go there. I'd prefer to turn down the millions they've offered me there. I can't sign for Newcastle out of respect for Ousmane Dabo"

"I've turned down a nice opportunity, but there isn't enough money in the world that would make me go there. I'd prefer to turn down the millions they've offered me there. I can't sign for Newcastle out of respect for Ousmane Dabo"

:knuppel2: Get em Joey...

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Crap player