Faye signs three year deal

STM

I love the Belletti stuff. I've been looking on all the usual Spanish media sites and not one mention of Belletti to Newcastle. The only mention of him has came from our own press so it's hardly "coming out of Spain".

It will be Oliver Fowler picking up today's Sun.

Guest Guinness

I love the Belletti stuff. I've been looking on all the usual Spanish media sites and not one mention of Belletti to Newcastle. The only mention of him has came from our own press so it's hardly "coming out of Spain".

I've not got a clue about Spanish, but I did find this: Linky

Guest johnson293

Above link translated (very roughly)...

The Newcastle wants to file to Julian Belletti and will throw the rest for that reason, to the point that his trainer and manager general it has thought to appear in Barcelona this week to try to activate the operation.

Samuel ' Sam' Allardyce has a London-Barcelona passage for this Thursday and its objective is to convince to lateral and international the straight Brazilian of the FC Barcelona, of which it will be very important in the new project of the ' Magpies' (Magpies).

The picture albinegro has been reinforced very well facing the season that finishes beginning in the Premier League, but still it needs a hierarchy player to cover the lateral matador with its defense. Allardyce has thought about Belletti, and as it has plenipotenciarios powers, its intention is not other than to take to the author of the goal that was worth the last League of Champions conquered by the Barça in Paris.

The trainer and manager of the Newcastle have predicted to present/display a supply nonsuperior to the 4 million euros by Julian Belletti and he would do it, according to extended last night, in person. The Newcastle, that began the Premier winning to the Bolton by 1-3, asked the Barça in its day for Eidur Gudjonhsen and Deco, although the managements did not prosper

Suggesting that Sam is flying to Barca tomorrow?

Slightly off topic but do some posters in this thread really think Amdy Faye was that bad? While unspectacular I thought he was solid and one of our more consistent players in the 05/06 run in, and I think we've had a lot worse and a lot more expensive midfielders in recent years.

Yes he really was terrible

NO he was worse than that !!

It will be Oliver Fowler picking up today's Sun.

:lol:

Slightly off topic but do some posters in this thread really think Amdy Faye was that bad? While unspectacular I thought he was solid and one of our more consistent players in the 05/06 run in, and I think we've had a lot worse and a lot more expensive midfielders in recent years.

I thought he was fucking awful, tbh. Probably one of the worst players we've ever had. Greatest fouler in the history of the sport, but couldn't actually play football to save his life.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

After three years that included a loan spell with Istres, Faye moved to Bolton in time for the 2005/06 season - another loan move that was made permanent within six months.

At that point, Sam Allardyce said of him:

"Abdoulaye Faye has been one of the finds in the Premiership this season.

"He joined us on loan in the summer and with his sheer determination and ability he has forced his way into the team.

"He is arguably our most consistent player of the season so far and loves the physicality of the Premiership."

I thought he was f****** awful, tbh. Probably one of the worst players we've ever had. Greatest fouler in the history of the sport, but couldn't actually play football to save his life.

:rolleyes: You're wrong on that. By a long long way.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I thought he was f****** awful, tbh. Probably one of the worst players we've ever had. Greatest fouler in the history of the sport, but couldn't actually play football to save his life.

Ever heard about Gary Brady?

Ever heard about Gary Brady?

We have had some shockers. It's hard to put this into perspective but the likes of Kevin Dillon were far worse than Faye. Dillon was a diamond compared to Pat Heard and Billy Askew. I won't even go near Bill McGarrys sides...

:rolleyes: You're wrong on that. By a long long way.

Not the worst ever, but he was fucking woeful.

He was nowhere NEAR a premiership player, he'd be at home in the lower reaches of the Championship.

Guest johnson293

He is in Bolton squad for tonight

Is that confirmed anywhere?

Everything I have read today suggests he wouldn't be in the squad, and O'Brien woul dmake his debut alongside Meite?

I'm just scared of his surname  :lol:

I am praying he comes in and does well so when people turn round to me and say "yeah but you wanted us to sign Faye" it doesn't sound that bad :laugh:

Haha, yeah, but you had a Shola Ameobi avatar for about three years or something, and people aren't going to forget that... so either way you still come out looking pretty rubbish, really, Jon. It doesn't matter if people forget about your "sign faye!" pleas.

I think its best that we all just accept that you're rubbish and move on.