Faye signs three year deal

STM

Cacapa has experience of winning leagues and playing regularly in the Champions League.  Taylor has half a decent season under his belt.

How much did Cacapa (best name in the squad now barr Teh Zog, btw) play last season? And i think you do taylor a diservice. Is he not as good as Cacapa on FM2007?

well after Amdy Faye, i don't think i would want another Faye at the club

:lol: What a fantastic reason to base an opinion on.

its as valid as the ones who go "[insert dubious foreugn name here] is mint, i've seen him loads, he's the best [insert position here] ever!!11!!" based on watching La Liga highlights once, reading The Sun, and playing FM07.

Guest mugcheese

Slightly off topic but do some posters in this thread really think Amdy Faye was that bad? While unspectacular I thought he was solid and one of our more consistent players in the 05/06 run in, and I think we've had a lot worse and a lot more expensive midfielders in recent years.

Cacapa has experience of winning leagues and playing regularly in the Champions League.  Taylor has half a decent season under his belt.

How much did Cacapa (best name in the squad now barr Teh Zog, btw) play last season? And i think you do taylor a diservice. Is he not as good as Cacapa on FM2007?

No. For me Taylor has an average of 7.10 and Cacapa has 7.13. Problem solved

Slightly off topic but do some posters in this thread really think Amdy Faye was that bad? While unspectacular I thought he was solid and one of our more consistent players in the 05/06 run in, and I think we've had a lot worse and a lot more expensive midfielders in recent years.

Yes he really was terrible

No idea, never played FM. You seem well versed though. Taylor isnt bad by any means. The point is that neither you nor I have seen Cacapa play in the Premiership. We have both seen Steven Taylor fuck up on several occasions and his performances prior to Jan 2007 were mostly poor. Since then he has played well. One thing is certain, Cacapa has experience of playing at the top level. It would be foolish to put a comment like yours in there without seeing both in action.

He was half-decent for the first two or three months. Ultimately though, he was shit, we never needed him in the first place but since we had him - it meant we didn't get another centre-midfield 'replacement' that summer, and was shit.

Our centre-mid options that 05/06 season were Parker/Emre, Faye/Clark.

No idea, never played FM. You seem well versed though. Taylor isnt bad by any means. The point is that neither you nor I have seen Cacapa play in the Premiership. We have both seen Steven Taylor fuck up on several occasions and his performances prior to Jan 2007 were mostly poor. Since then he has played well. One thing is certain, Cacapa has experience of playing at the top level. It would be foolish to put a comment like yours in there without seeing both in action.

Aye, them few months at the start of the season where he was out of shape, recovering from potentially the most troublesome injury he'll have - that had kept him out for about six months.

I'll be more than happy to see him cemented as THE centre-back this season. No qualms with that whatsoever. He's a damned good defender who'll get better, especially now there's bags of experience around him both on the pitch and in the coaching department.

Guest mugcheese

He was half-decent for the first two or three months. Ultimately though, he was s***, we never needed him in the first place but since we had him - it meant we didn't get another centre-midfield 'replacement' that summer, and was s***.

I thought it was the other the way round and he had his best games in his final months under Roeder? We had Bowyer and N'Zogbia aswell as central options.

He was half-decent for the first two or three months. Ultimately though, he was s***, we never needed him in the first place but since we had him - it meant we didn't get another centre-midfield 'replacement' that summer, and was s***.

Compare those options in CM to the players we have now today. It's sick how much better we are in that area now compared to then, especially when looking that depth

Guest mugcheese

Compare those options in CM to the players we have now today. It's sick how much better we are in that area now compared to then, especially when looking that depth

Souness removed any depth our squad had and we are only starting to recover now.

No idea, never played FM. You seem well versed though. Taylor isnt bad by any means. The point is that neither you nor I have seen Cacapa play in the Premiership. We have both seen Steven Taylor f*** up on several occasions and his performances prior to Jan 2007 were mostly poor. Since then he has played well. One thing is certain, Cacapa has experience of playing at the top level. It would be foolish to put a comment like yours in there without seeing both in action.

Aye, them few months at the start of the season where he was out of shape, recovering from potentially the most troublesome injury he'll have - that had kept him out for about six months.

I'll be more than happy to see him cemented as THE centre-back this season. No qualms with that whatsoever. He's a damned good defender who'll get better, especially now there's bags of experience around him both on the pitch and in the coaching department.

He was poor then? It is amusing how so many people failed to use that same line of argument with other players....Interesting.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

ANAL

Ab just fab for Big SamAug 15 2007

by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United manager Sam Allardyce was hoping to tie up the last of his summer signings with the £2m acquisition of Bolton Wanderers’ central defender Abdoulaye Faye today.

The 29-year-old Senegalese international was pulled out of the Bolton side which travelled to London for tonight’s game at Fulham yesterday afternoon.

He is expected on Tyneside today for a medical and, unless there are any last-minute snags, he will become the first Bolton player to follow Allardyce to St James’ Park.

Big Sam moved quickly for Faye after he hit a couple of snags in signing Mario Yepes from Paris St Germain, while Seville’s Ivica Dragutinovic’s demands ended any chance of the Serbian international joining United.

There was in talk in Spain today that Allardyce is keen on Barcelona right-back Juliano Belletti, but I get the impression United’s new boss is more than happy with his signings.

And it means that United will wait until the January transfer window to see what the situation is with Brazilian defender Edmilson at Barcelona, after he has recovered from his knee injury.

The 6ft 2in Faye was a £750,000 Allardyce signing for Bolton from Lens exactly two years ago, and he has been one of Big Sam’s big men in the back four at the Reebok.

Ironically, it was Faye who deflected Oba Martins’ shot into the net to give United their third goal in the 3-1 victory at Bolton on Saturday.

After the match Allardyce bumped into Faye as he went to do his Press conference, and the Bolton defender was on his way to pick up his man of the match award.

In typical Allardyce fashion he taunted Faye about his man of the match award, but the United boss obviously rates the Dakar-born defender highly.

There will be a few raised eyebrows at the fact Allardyce has signed a player from Bolton after his war of words with Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside over the weekend.

Faye still has this season left on his contract, but Bolton are happy enough to let him go.

And Allardyce knew he was in business yesterday afternoon when his Bolton successor Sammy Lee signed former United centre-half Andy O'Brien from Portsmouth – and Faye was left behind when the Wanderers bus pulled out for London.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=ab-just-fab-for-big-sam%26method=full%26objectid=19633920%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Can't see him being our last signing. I reckon we'll at least sign a RB as well.

But Oliver gets the impression that Sam's happy with his summer dealings ;) ..at least he didn't use the "i am told" as usual...

now get a RB in also ;)

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Can't see him being our last signing. I reckon we'll at least sign a RB as well.

Anal Oliver is Wide Of The Mark once again.

Oliver. :lol:

Just keeps on plugging that Edmilson link doesn't he. And why does Allardyce being happy with his signings affect any move for Belletti?

I've no idea. He seems particularly bitter at the moment. His admiration for Peter 'breath of fresh air' Ramage is equally bemusing.