Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolutely gutted I didn't speak to him in Florida now, was literally a foot away from the bloke in a club in Downtown Disney in June and was tempted to ask him if he'd ever consider coming here.

Funny how things work out.

No idea what Sam's intentions are for him, but I'm happy enough he's here anyway.

He's now probably thinking "I wish I'd asked Woodgate about Newcastle."

Absolutely gutted I didn't speak to him in Florida now, was literally a foot away from the bloke in a club in Downtown Disney in June and was tempted to ask him if he'd ever consider coming here.

No idea what Sam's intentions are for him, but I'm happy enough he's here anyway.

Surprised he didn't recognise you tbh... ;)

He's now probably thinking "I wish I'd asked Woodgate about Newcastle."

;D

Should also state that he seemed a decent lad as well, although he did know all the words to "Love Shack" and looked mincey as fuck (sort of like a male Avril Lavigne.) At least he's not a fucking charva, though.

He will wear #17 according to the Northern Echo.

So who will wear #8 when Dyer leaves?

I have a feeling that we may sign a defensive midfielder yet so it's possible they will get it. Needs a rest anyway because Dyer has been over-using it too much.

SAM Allardyce admits that once he knew a player of Alan Smith's quality was available he did not have to think twice about making a move.

The 26-year-old England star penned a five-year deal with the Magpies on Friday and became Big Sam's fifth signing of the summer.

And, as the Toon gaffer told Newcastle World TV, he is delighted to have the Premiership winner on board at St.James'.

"Once I knew a player of Alan's quality was available I didn't have to think twice about making a move," said the 52-year-old boss.

"I think it's one of the quickest transfers I've ever been involved in because we knew straight away we wanted him here.

"I'm delighted to have a player of Alan's ability and character at Newcastle United and I'm sure he'll be an excellent signing for the club.

"I spoke with him and explained our plans for the club and he was very impressed, thankfully he chose us because there was a lot of interest from other clubs.

"He's a versatile player who I envisage we will be able to use in a number of positions.

"I'm looking forward to working with him and it shows his attitude that he wants to be involved straight away against Sampdoria on Sunday."

nufc.co.uk

That's not fair, you've included Smith's hair spike as part of his head!

Even still, he's got a right chin on him!

:lol: That chin is a good length like. Allardyce's head is wider though, I'm confident there's more mass to Allardyce's head than Smith's.

Although he did know all the words to "Love Shack" and looked mincey as f*** (sort of like a male Avril Lavigne.)

Surely you wouldn't want to see Alan Smith in fish net stockings and knee high socks though?  Or would you?..... :D