Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DazzaNufc1892

just watched the smith interview, im glad he even confirmed the time scale i gave you all. Can i have ITK added to my name?

Just watched the interview, very refreshing to hear a player be positive about us...interesting to hear him say about how he has had a few chances to come and felt this time was right now there is more stability at the club.

just seen on the official website there is an article entitled "smith can be a leader". anyone think we may be in for a bit of a suprise over the captaincy?

Not with a headline like that

Good interview, always thought of him as a model pro (not thinking about his cards) but he really came across as someone who just wants to play and is happy to do whatever the manager asks.

Think I have made my point in stating I didn't think we needed him here, certainly not for £6m but I hope the lad is a success and goes on to prove me wrong. Seems a really genuine lad and at least we know we are always going to get everything he can give. :thup:

Guest musika

Yay now Owen can f*** Off!  :thup:

Definitely, with Alan "the goal machine" Smith why would we need Owen now?

Because we have Viduka, Martins and Ameobi to go with it?

You tell me which of those players are going to be content with hanging around on the bench.

Owen is a liability - His wages far outstretch his usefulness.

You tell me which of those players are going to be content with hanging around on the bench.

Still don't see how signing Smith has any relevance to Owen.

Too big a gap in class to be letting Owen go for Smith, even if Owen's an utter crock.

Guest musika

You might be right. I personally rate Smith higher than most would I guess.

Nevertheless - Owen isn't the most loyal of strikers - Atleast now if he decides to bail we won't be in a whole lot of strife  :parky:

Guest Knightrider

Happy enough with this signing, we get a midfielder and a striker for £6m which given today's prices for English players is good going, especially a current international with vast experience. BTW for those who say he's shite, he's not too dissimilar to Dirk Kuyt as a forward who most on here were gutted to see join Liverpool and not us last season. Smith isn't a bad player, he's no goalscorer, but he'll benefit our more productive players by being present in the side, especially if he does play up front as I can see either of our strikers working well alongside him, certainly Owen. The last game I saw him for for Man Utd was against Roma where I thought he was brilliant up front, scoring a cracking goal. Good signing, welcome to Toon Alan.

Guest kingdawson

Barton = Excellent signing

Viduka = Excellent signing

Geremi = Good signing

Dont know much about the other 2 players youve signed but the signing of Smith imo is dreadful. The guy is useless and i was actually dreading Jol going in for him when we were linked. He does have heart and determination though  :rolleyes: