Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SPANISH club Villarreal has signed a second Manchester United strikers, with Italy Under-21 international Giuseppe Rossi leaving Old Trafford for £6.7 million

which would have you prefered smith for 6 or rossi for .7 more :D

doubt he would come here though like

Guest johnson293

This was posted on the centre half thread, but it maybe more useful here...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=smith-not-a-target-as-sam-eyes-defenders%26method=full%26objectid=19550622%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

SAM Allardyce is confident Newcastle United are close to making a significant breakthrough in the transfer market as he closed in on two of his defensive targets last night.

However, The Journal understands that Manchester United striker Alan Smith will not be one of the new arrivals, despite claims earlier this week that Newcastle have had a £6m bid for the England international accepted by the Red Devils.

As far as I'm aware, Allardyce didn't say that Smith wasn't a target, and hasn't denied the £6m bid - this is just 'The Journal Understands...'

All the talk out of Manchester is that Smith began talks yesterday, and agreed the move.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

bollox, held talks last night as i said, after fletcher said he was staying, the 6 million bid was moved from him onto smith

I thinks BS does want smith as he would have come out and denied the rumours like he did Davies. Plus when interviewed in ssn and was asked the question that would have been the perfect oportunity to deny the story.

He might want him but not issuing a denial doesn't make it the case.

Guest johnson293

I thinks BS does want smith as he would have come out and denied the rumours like he did Davies. Plus when interviewed in ssn and was asked the question that would have been the perfect oportunity to deny the story.

He might want him but not issuing a denial doesn't make it the case.

True, but he has been quick to dismiss some other rumours recently (Hangeland, Davies).

He has said recently that talks have been held, but players didn't want to come. I'd guess he's not building hopes by mentioning names, until he's sure a player is 'in the bag'.

I think his non-denial must mean we have had or are about to have talks with Smith though.

Guest johnson293

The Daily Mail claim that Smith met with West Ham yesterday...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=472351&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley met with Alan Smith yesterday in a bid to persuade the Manchester United striker to move to Upton Park.

Curbishley is particularly keen on the 26-year-old as he can play as a striker or a central midfielder and can provide cover while Scott Parker recovers from a knee injury.

Talks took place in London and the deal could depend on whether £6m-rated Smith, who has also attracted interest from Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Everton, is tempted to relocate to the south of the country.

Smith, who has found opportunities hard to come by since his return from a broken leg earlier this year, has just two years left to run on his contract at Old Trafford and his wage demands are unlikely to pose a problem for Hammers chairman Eggert Magnusson.

The probable addition of Carlos Tevez to the United ranks is set to push Smith further down the Premier League champions' pecking order and he now looks certain to move on.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "There have been a few enquiries and Alan wants first-team football, but at the moment nothing has been decided."

Meanwhile, Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has told the Hammers to up their £4m bid for Kieron Dyer.

The midfielder, who has also been linked with a move to Tottenham, has become the target of abuse from some Toon fans since he decided to leave and move closer to his family in Suffolk.

But Allardyce said: "£4m is too low in today's prices. In today's market, for a player like Kieron who is 27 [sic] years old, a top, top player in the Premier League and an England international. It's a gross under valuation by West Ham."

Are West Ham trying to be the new Chelsea?? Trying to buy players just so they dont go to other Premiership teams???

Our deal for Smith hinges on Dyer being sold, according to Comical Oli today...

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=smith-bid-hinges-on-dyer%26method=full%26objectid=19553066%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

No mention however, of the £6m bid allegedly already made and accepted!  :idiot2:

From that same article:

"Meanwhile, the Chronicle’s report that Oba Martins may have to be sacrificed to fund moves for a couple of defenders was described as “speculation” by United last night."

Actually Alan, I think it was described as 'complete and utter fabrication'. Don't see you quoting that one ;)

Guest Gemmill

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=smith-bid-hinges-on-dyer%26method=full%26objectid=19553066%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

No mention however, of the £6m bid allegedly already made and accepted!  :idiot2:

Oliver is about as much use as Parky at telling us what's happening at the club these days man. :razz:

That is all clueless supposition tbh and rehashes of other media guessing over the last week.

WH haven't offerred £4m for Dyer at all.

From that same article:

"Meanwhile, the Chronicles report that Oba Martins may have to be sacrificed to fund moves for a couple of defenders was described as speculation by United last night."

Actually Alan, I think it was described as 'complete and utter fabrication'. Don't see you quoting that one ;)

He also goes on to say that we would still sell him for 10m pounds. I actually feel like killing the man he is an utter prick. AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

The reason it gets to me is the fact that so many believe what he is saying. This forum is unique in the fact that we all universally despise him for the words that come out of his mouth but there are ALOT of toon fans who actually believes what he says as gospel. Then they regurgitate it as fact when discussing football.

Valid point. However I think you'll find that the loyal members of “The Order of The Anal” are decreasing quite rapidly. Not many of the crowd I drink with give him any credence at all. I love it when he get's interviewed live on the radio or TV, he normally shows himself up to be the completely ignorant twat that he is.

Guest Phil K

He's f****** s****. Next please.

Best descripion I've seen of Smith.

This is a case of Man U wanting to get back as much as possible for this plank, and using the Man U-supporting rags to do it for them.

Well football is all about opinions and I'd have Smithy here. He may not be a world beater but look at where we are at the minute and the lad will always give you 100%. (until he breaks his leg...... 'ouch' .... did you see that, bet you that was sore next morning)

Guest Guinness

I honesty don’t know why, 1 you read the guy & 2 you let the bloke get to you. He’s an arse and should be ignored, like all male arses should!  :rolleyes:

Now that he's no longer spoon fed lines his lack of any sort of journalistic ability is being shown up for what it is. The Martins fiasco yesterday was laughable and even though the club couldn't have issued a stronger denial he's still trying to plug it today :rolleyes:

He's clearly not thinking at the moment. He should realise he is hurting the club.

Is he fuck. :lol:  Name one person in the entire circle of Newcastle United that takes him seriously, now that Shepherd is gone.