Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's clearly not thinking at the moment. He should realise he is hurting the club.

Is he fuck. :lol:  Name one person in the entire circle of Newcastle United that takes him seriously, now that Shepherd is gone.

The back page of the Chronicle is still easily the most influential newspaper page as far as Newcastle-based Toon fans are concerned. Oliver has a lot of influence, much as I dislike him as a journalist.

Guest hagler

The reason it gets to me is the fact that so many believe what he is saying. This forum is unique in the fact that we all universally despise him for the words that come out of his mouth but there are ALOT of toon fans who actually believes what he says as gospel. Then they regurgitate it as fact when discussing football.

this is so true i have a shop and work with the public...and the number off tossers that come in at 1.30 and mention what ever is in the ronnie that day is unbelievable......then no doubt they go for a few afternoon bevys and tell everyone or anyone who will listen

Hope West Ham will sign Smith and we will go for Gudjhonesn

This.

If we were to pick up Gudj, Faye and this Serbian guy in the next few days all this worrying about the coming season really would have been a waste of energy :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Allardyce has already said he prfers a 4-3-3 formation

I see us lining up:

......................................................................Geremi...........................................................................

............................................Barton.......................................Smith.....................................................

.....................Milner................................................................................................Martins.....................

...................................................................Viduka.............................................................................

Especially for away games.

Squad is worse now than last season-now we have no m/f or defence.Sam has some work to do quick time.Where will Smith play?Not good enough as a m/f or striker tbh.

In what way is the midfield going to be worse? Geremi and Barton have come in with Dyer and Parker making way, neither of whom contributed much to the club from midfield last season. Smith adds another option, and I'll put a large sum of money on Zog doing better than he did last year.

Cos Dyer and Parker are better than Geremi and Dyer is better than Barton imo??????????

What did Dyer and Parker give us from midfield last year? Pretty much nothing. We will be a much better team this year. Geremi Barton will be a better CM pairing than anything we could have put out last season in terms of effectiveness and end product, without doubt.

Guest DavB93

Cos Dyer and Parker are better than Geremi and Dyer is better than Barton imo??????????

What did Dyer and Parker give us from midfield last year? Pretty much nothing. We will be a much better team this year. Geremi Barton will be a better CM pairing than anything we could have put out last season in terms of effectiveness and end product, without doubt.

There's no way Dyer and Parker are better than Geremi and Dyer, do you watch football. Parker just does his little turn on the ball EVERY game and think Barton will turn out to be much better for Newcastle than Dyer every has been.

Time will tell....Barton could be Wormwood Scrubs' star player sometime soon and Geremi has been a mere occasional player for ages so thats what part of my opinion is based on.

So has Dyer, at best.

Guest samtoonarmy

Why waste the £6m on just Smith than spend it on some defenders? We already have good strikers in Owen, Martins, Viduka, Carrol and Ameobi so why do we need Smith? The only thing I can think of is becasue he is a replacement for Dyer even though they are both totally different players.

DEFENDERS