Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not bad on the piss if you ignore the big-headed lasses.

"A've had t'clap and 4 kids by time a wus 18"

"Thats nowt that lass, a had 5 and a dose of t'crabs from 14 while 16"

alright i know, my accent is terrible.... is that what you meant Dave or did you really mean they are deformed?

They think they are ace. They're not.

I can imagine Dave now, going round in his mod trousers telling everyone he's the main man of Newcastle-Online, infact i bet it's his chatup line... "Hey, what's your name then?" "I'm Dave,N-O Mod of the year"

That was Bluf though. :razz:

Not bad on the piss if you ignore the big-headed lasses.

"A've had t'clap and 4 kids by time a wus 18"

"Thats nowt that lass, a had 5 and a dose of t'crabs from 14 while 16"

alright i know, my accent is terrible.... is that what you meant Dave or did you really mean they are deformed?

They think they are ace. They're not.

I can imagine Dave now, going round in his mod trousers telling everyone he's the main man of Newcastle-Online, infact i bet it's his chatup line... "Hey, what's your name then?" "I'm Dave,N-O Mod of the year"

That was Bluf though. :razz:

You lied, that makes it worse :)

Guest Toonie

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1084311,00.html

NEWCASTLE United new boy Alan Smith says that he chose to join the Magpies ahead of at least nine other top clubs.

The 26-year-old first became aware of the Geordies' interest last week amid speculation linking him with a move to a host of Premiership sides.

But Smith admits that following a converstion with Magpies boss Sam Allardyce his mind was made up.

"There was a lot of speculation linking me with a lot of clubs and I think there were about ten teams in for me," Smith told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview after penning a five-year deal with United.

"But once I knew of Newcastle's interest and spoke to Sam Allardyce I knew straight away that I wanted to come here.

"He's a manager who gets the very best out of his players and I'm sure we'll the best of Alan Smith at Newcastle.

"Sam told me of his plans for the club, there is massive potential here and the manager is determined to succeed.

"I want to be part of that and I'm delighted to be here. I'm raring to go, there are some great players at the club and hopefully we can gel as a team this season."

Talks about himself in the third person, thats a bit conceited.

Guest Toonie

SAM Allardyce admits that once he knew a player of Alan Smith's quality was available he did not have to think twice about making a move.

The 26-year-old England star penned a five-year deal with the Magpies on Friday and became Big Sam's fifth signing of the summer.

And, as the Toon gaffer told Newcastle World TV, he is delighted to have the Premiership winner on board at St.James'.

"Once I knew a player of Alan's quality was available I didn't have to think twice about making a move," said the 52-year-old boss.

"I think it's one of the quickest transfers I've ever been involved in because we knew straight away we wanted him here.

"I'm delighted to have a player of Alan's ability and character at Newcastle United and I'm sure he'll be an excellent signing for the club.

"I spoke with him and explained our plans for the club and he was very impressed, thankfully he chose us because there was a lot of interest from other clubs.

"He's a versatile player who I envisage we will be able to use in a number of positions.  oooooo kinky

"I'm looking forward to working with him and it shows his attitude that he wants to be involved straight away against Sampdoria on Sunday."

That's not Milner with the shaved head is it?

Squad number suggests Hunty?

Defo not hunty, just when you said Leeds reunited, I thought that may be Milner with a new hairdo.

Don't recognise the bloke otherwise. Perhaps all triallists are given 32 training kits?

That's not Milner with the shaved head is it?

Squad number suggests Hunty?

Defo not hunty, just when you said Leeds reunited, I thought that may be Milner with a new hairdo.

I did at first glance. :blush:

Just watched his press conference on SSN, worth the £6m just for that!

'Spoke to t'gaffa on t'tuesday, came up on Thursday, had t'medical on friday and t'destination is here.

He's gonna be an absolute cult-hero legend.

Mark my words

:lol:

We'll have to get t'Dave to write us translations.

here's an interesting (i thought) read: http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/premiership/article2831048.ece

Smith's job is to take goals to Newcastle

The Yorkshireman has much to his game but must score more on Tyneside, writes Glenn Moore

Published: 03 August 2007

In his last two seasons Alan Smith has played in 49 matches, scored two goals and been booked 12 times. In his career he has received 10 red cards, been found wanting as a central midfielder, and averages less than a goal every five Premiership matches.

Which begs the question why at least at least a quarter of top flight managers, notably those of Newcastle, Everton, Tottenham, Middlesbrough and Sunderland, are prepared to spend up to £6m on him?

The reason is that there is more to Smith than his statistics, and popular image, suggest. On the field he may be something of a blunt instrument at times, with an appaling disciplinary record, but he has a delicacy of touch, is a model professional off the pitch, and has worked hard on improving his temperament.

He has also demonstrated his character by coming back from the stomach-churning injury, a broken leg and dislocated ankle, he suffered at Anfield in February 2006. He did not start a game for a year, but recovered to the extent his last appearance of last season was at Wembley, for England against Brazil.

While he has played a lot of football, having made his Leeds debut at 17 (scoring, against Liverpool, also at Anfield, with his first touch), at 26 he should still have plenty of games left in him. He is also an inspirational presence on the pitch.

But what of the disciplinary record? That he has only been dismissed once under Sir Alex Ferguson, in a Manchester derby in 2004, suggests he has largely learned to control himself. Playing for a club other than his hometown team, Leeds United, probably helps. He is still a reckless tackler, but appears to have learned to stop after the first yellow card.

The goals return should be better but at both Uniteds he has had to be compromise on his desire to play at centre-forward. At Leeds he frequently played wider or deeper, at Manchester, where he started with six goals in 12 games, he had a spell being trialled as a successor to Roy Keane. It did not succeed and he finished last season up front, impressing against Roma in Europe and Watford in the FA Cup semi-final. Not playing Smith against Milan, against whom he had success with Leeds, may have been a rare error by Ferguson.

Smith is also a maker, as much as a taker, of goals. It is easy to see why Sam Allardyce, who looks like winning the chase for his signature, wishes to renew Smith's former Leeds partnership with Mark Viduka – though with Michael Owen, Obafemi Martins and Shola Ameobi also in the frame a regular place is far from guaranteed.

Not that Smith will shirk the challenge. He has always been prepared to be contrary. As a boy he walked out of the FA National School at Lilleshall, deciding it was not for him. When he left Leeds for their hated Mancunian rivals he infuriated the fans who had idolised him. When Ferguson tried to send him out on loan last season, he refused. He is also thought to be teetotal, not an easy principle to maintain, even in the "modern" dressing room.

Not that he is totally at odds with football culture. He has enjoyed modelling clothes though more common, but less publicised, have been his appearances for charity.

Smith's combative, heart-on-sleeve style will be very popular at St James' Park. Allardyce, though, will need him to provide at least an echo of Alan Shearer's goals, as well as his physicality, if Big Sam's Magpie Revolution is to take flight.

Just watched his press conference on SSN, worth the £6m just for that!

'Spoke to t'gaffa on t'tuesday, came up on Thursday, had t'medical on friday and t'destination is here.

He's gonna be an absolute cult-hero legend.

Mark my words

We'll have to get t'Dave to write us translations.