Ashley to sell newcastle???

SUPERTOON

Ashley's Newcastle future not black and white

Matt Scott

Tuesday July 31, 2007

The Guardian

Mike Ashley's investment at Newcastle United may be a short-lived affair, if rumours in the City are to be believed. The billionaire businessman declared in a rare interview published on Sunday that his involvement at Sports Direct, the company he founded and in February floated for £2.2bn, remained a "long-term" business interest but he is not believed to have the same intentions for Newcastle.

There is a suggestion that, having snapped up the club so quickly that even the former chairman Freddy Shepherd - then a major shareholder - was taken by surprise, he is encountering more problems than he expected. One interested party reports that it did not like what it saw when it conducted due diligence over the club's books before a potential takeover.

There was particular concern about the debt inside the company and it is felt that Ashley will be uncovering an unhealthier business than he anticipated. The manager, Sam Allardyce, has begun to grumble about the amount of money available for signings and Shepherd was shown the door last week.

Analysts who have followed Ashley's career suggest his hands-on style means he is not one to have his investments run by proxies. But the chairman he appointed at Newcastle, Chris Mort, does not intend to relocate to the north-east, fuelling the rumours that Ashley may be persuaded to bail out if a suitable buyer emerges.

As I said on TT, what a load of bollocks.

"But the chairman he appointed at Newcastle, Chris Mort, does not intend to relocate to the north-east, fuelling the rumours that Ashley may be persuaded to bail out if a suitable buyer emerges."

That makes sense like. Fucking hell :lol:

20 pager by midnight btw.

This Matt Scott is another FINANCIAL WRITER those who I have already warned against in the Martins for sale thread. They all have scores and their paymasters with regarding Ashley's clever side stepping of the city and the profits he eeked out.

I'm a billionaire businessman...I know, I'll invest heavily into a football club without doing any research or checking any of the books. That's why I'm such a good businessman.

Somehow I think that's a load of bollocks to be fair. The papers really are bored at the moment aren't they?

Guest Gemmill

Seriously though, this thread could break this place in two. :lol:  Best for all concerned if it's locked immediately.  Where is the server for this forum housed?  If you live nearby, MOVE.  NOW.

Fkn hell is it have a dig at the Toon day in the press today? the club should look at taking legal action over the utter shite that has been printed about the club and its players..

Trust us to get the only chairman to make us even more hated with the southern press.

The press loved Shepherd, for all the wrong reasons.

Ashley's Newcastle future not black and white

Matt Scott

Tuesday July 31, 2007

The Guardian

Mike Ashley's investment at Newcastle United may be a short-lived affair, if rumours in the City are to be believed. The billionaire businessman declared in a rare interview published on Sunday that his involvement at Sports Direct, the company he founded and in February floated for £2.2bn, remained a "long-term" business interest but he is not believed to have the same intentions for Newcastle.

There is a suggestion that, having snapped up the club so quickly that even the former chairman Freddy Shepherd - then a major shareholder - was taken by surprise, he is encountering more problems than he expected. One interested party reports that it did not like what it saw when it conducted due diligence over the club's books before a potential takeover.

There was particular concern about the debt inside the company and it is felt that Ashley will be uncovering an unhealthier business than he anticipated. The manager, Sam Allardyce, has begun to grumble about the amount of money available for signings and Shepherd was shown the door last week.

Analysts who have followed Ashley's career suggest his hands-on style means he is not one to have his investments run by proxies. But the chairman he appointed at Newcastle, Chris Mort, does not intend to relocate to the north-east, fuelling the rumours that Ashley may be persuaded to bail out if a suitable buyer emerges.

Translation: I have made this up.

the club needs to talk to the media more imo............ so much shit being spilt in the media because no one at the club is really saying anything  at all

the fucking media fucks up this club so many times its not funny, get a spokesman to answer questions asap instead of spreading garbage imo

Lock this thread to btw............ dont let the media win by talking absolute shit.