Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

Love all the experts on the random and circuitous routes that allow you access to VIP phone numbers.

I'm wondering who all these people are with Mort's number. Been in football 7 months.

says the person who wrote a patronising mini-script in order to show us plebs how one would hypothetically go about getting mort's number.  :p

Its stating the bleeding obvious not patronising. With age, comes experience  :razz:

if you're a top agency representing one of the biggest managers around i'd assume you;re already pretty well stocked when it comes to contacts. for one thing you could call any number of players, ex-plays, managers, other agents etc etc etc before you ring some obscure local journalist youve never heard of who its widely recognised has been frozen out the SJP loop and who is guaranteed to not respect privacy.

the only way i see the story as being feasible as if the agency deliberately wants to leak their client's candidacy for the job so uses oliver to do this, but then if so why decline to name the manager in question. if they wanted to simply go straight to mort and keep things business there's little chance they'd go through oliver.

bingo.

And he's reading all of this, laughing at the people who think he made it up, knowing they think he's the fool, but they are the fools, because they are only too eager to read into things to suit their "opinions" mackems.gif

Obvious to anyone with half a brain and without an agenda to misrepresent someone. Par for the course though  bluelaugh.gif

if you're a top agency representing one of the biggest managers around i'd assume you;re already pretty well stocked when it comes to contacts. for one thing you could call any number of players, ex-plays, managers, other agents etc etc etc before you ring some obscure local journalist youve never heard of who its widely recognised has been frozen out the SJP loop and who is guaranteed to not respect privacy.

Wrote it for me.

Mort's details must be with some agencies already for example, given he's dealt with a number of transfers at a decent level of profile.

Yeah competitors hand out client numbers to each other all the time.

You said there were no contacts. A top agency, working for a top manager would have a number of avenues before ringing up a local journalist, surely?

Like ringing up competitors? All agents compete with each other so in my opinion this is a plausible route, especially given the amount of time Mort has been in football.

I'm not that arsed about it really, you can be right if you want.

Love all the experts on the random and circuitous routes that allow you access to VIP phone numbers.

With all due respect, are you any more of an expert than anyone else?

I'm not the one laughing at NE5 for putting forward a perfectly plausible argument.

I'm wondering who all these people are with Mort's number. Been in football 7 months.

Precisely

Wrote it for me.

Mort's details must be with some agencies already for example, given he's dealt with a number of transfers at a decent level of profile.

You said there were no contacts. A top agency, working for a top manager would have a number of avenues before ringing up a local journalist, surely?

Like ringing up competitors? All agents compete with each other so in my opinion this is a plausible route, especially given the amount of time Mort has been in football.

Not looking to be right or wrong, nobody knows other than Oliver himself. I just can't see it being particularly plausible.

I'm not the one laughing at NE5 for putting forward a perfectly plausible argument.

Fair enough. I was drunk last night.

Half of it wasn't even to do with this though tbf.

Fair enough. I was drunk last night.

:lol:

I wish they were laughing at my plausible argument, my theory got classed as being on a par with "Snakes On a Plane" ffs ;D

Wrote it for me.

Not looking to be right or wrong, nobody knows other than Oliver himself. I just can't see it being particularly plausible.

I agree, i just think its too weak. There has to be a more likely way to get the chairmans number than the local rag.It just seems mad that the agency wont have the numbers of one of the biggest clubs in england, that would surely be a standard procedure to keep up to date.

the only way i see the story as being feasible as if the agency deliberately wants to leak their client's candidacy for the job so uses oliver to do this, but then if so why decline to name the manager in question. if they wanted to simply go straight to mort and keep things business there's little chance they'd go through oliver.

bingo.

And he's reading all of this, laughing at the people who think he made it up, knowing they think he's the fool, but they are the fools, because they are only too eager to read into things to suit their "opinions" mackems.gif

Obvious to anyone with half a brain and without an agenda to misrepresent someone. Par for the course though  bluelaugh.gif

Well done Johnny. Either everybody agrees by now, or they are still taking their time to work it out

I wish they were laughing at my plausible argument, my theory got classed as being on a par with "Snakes On a Plane" ffs ;D

:lol:

What does all this matter? I can't believe there has been 11 pages of argument surrounding how one may acquire a chairman's phone number. You're all fucking nuts !

What does all this matter? I can't believe there has been 11 pages of argument surrounding how one may acquire a chairman's phone number. You're all fucking nuts !

Fairly easy really. Contact the local journo !!! Especially if you want to plug your client ............  mackems.gif

Didn't want to start a new thread, maybe we could rename this Anal Watch or something similar. Posting snippets as he comes out with them.

What a shit-stirrer he has become of late..

United were not happy when The Chronicle revealed in September that Taylor had turned down their offer of a new contract.

They still do not like the Taylor camp talking about it.

But on Friday The Chronicle revealed that United had bid for Wes Brown, who has turned down a £50,000-a-week deal at Manchester United.

United must have been prepared to pay Brown more than that and Taylor has every right to wonder why he has not been made an offer he finds acceptable.

Didn't want to start a new thread, maybe we could rename this Anal Watch or something similar. Posting snippets as he comes out with them.

What a s***-stirrer he has become of late..

[quote

They still do not like the Taylor camp talking about it.

But on Friday The Chronicle revealed that United had bid for Wes Brown, who has turned down a £50,000-a-week deal at Manchester United.

United must have been prepared to pay Brown more than that and Taylor has every right to wonder why he has not been made an offer he finds acceptable.

Has anyone watched the review video that Oliver and Ryder do of the Stoke match. They spend about half the review going on about Taylor's performance at Stoke, talk about the match and then go back to Taylor and talk about how he should have a new contract! Taylor's got to be the Mole!!!!!!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/videos-pictures/

United were not happy when The Chronicle revealed in September that Taylor had turned down their offer of a new contract.

Begin again as I got all my quotes mixed up in my last post!

Has anyone watched the review video that Oliver and Ryder do of the Stoke match. They spend about half the review going on about Taylor's performance at Stoke, talk about the match and then go back to Taylor and talk about how he should have a new contract! Taylor's got to be the Mole!!!!!!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/videos-pictures/