Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

They'd have to be insane to go to all this trouble of sacking Allardyce just to constrain the new guy. Utter madness.

Well obviously; that'll be the reason why Sam'll have gone most probably - they've got money to spend but they don't want him to spend it. But to get rid of him and give it to Harry would just be senseless.

Not entirely, if they didn't believe Sam would spend it correctly. For all the positives he was apparently bringing behind the scenes, on the pitch (where it counts) we were f****** turgid for the most part. A win ratio of 33% also has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst we've had, since Keegan?

3rd worst, Souness 2nd, Gullit 1st

thats because you've only been alive since 1999.

At the end of the day, Spurs got Ramos, who I personally rate as an up and coming manager.  Albeit it was La Liga, but he transformed Seville from an unfashionable club into title contenders and won 2 UEFA cups in the process.

I see ourselves and Spurs as pretty much level pegging, and if they can get someone of his quality, we, with Ashley's funding, should be able to get someone of similar standard.

You need good contacts and footballing knowledge to identify who that guy is though.

It is questionable whether this is the case for Mort and Ashley.

It could be that their most trusted contact is Kemsley, and Kemsley leads to Redknapp.

All his good work has just gone down the drain.

He has just been on SSN and basically said it will be Redknapp or Hughes.

Not exactly a manager to 'blow our socks off'.

Who has just been on?

anal i presume

They'd have to be insane to go to all this trouble of sacking Allardyce just to constrain the new guy. Utter madness.

Well obviously; that'll be the reason why Sam'll have gone most probably - they've got money to spend but they don't want him to spend it. But to get rid of him and give it to Harry would just be senseless.

Not entirely, if they didn't believe Sam would spend it correctly. For all the positives he was apparently bringing behind the scenes, on the pitch (where it counts) we were f****** turgid for the most part. A win ratio of 33% also has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst we've had, since Keegan?

3rd worst, Souness 2nd, Gullit 1st

thats because you've only been alive since 1999.

He said since Keegan, cant you read?

Oliver not backing his own story then?

Not necessarily.

Whether Redknapp or Hughes are considered of the 'blown socks off' standard depends on how highly they are rated by the board, whom at the moment have a very questionable level of football knowledge.

Not necessarily.

Whether Redknapp or Hughes are considered of the 'blown socks off' standard depends on how highly they are rated by the board, whom at the moment have a very questionable level of football knowledge.

nah sorry i'm not having that, if it turns out to be one of them he was lying

At the end of the day, Spurs got Ramos, who I personally rate as an up and coming manager.  Albeit it was La Liga, but he transformed Seville from an unfashionable club into title contenders and won 2 UEFA cups in the process.

I see ourselves and Spurs as pretty much level pegging, and if they can get someone of his quality, we, with Ashley's funding, should be able to get someone of similar standard.

You need good contacts and footballing knowledge to identify who that guy is though.

It is questionable whether this is the case for Mort and Ashley.

It could be that their most trusted contact is Kemsley, and Kemsley leads to Redknapp.

O0 .................... assuming that isn't a direct link from Ashley to Redknapp already.

Not necessarily.

nah sorry i'm not having that, if it turns out to be one of them he was lying

Really, if Redknapp or Hughes are appointed, it means that the board thinks he was the best possible man for the job, and therefore given what must therefore be assumed to be limited football knowledge, Mort's socks blew off when he received the call touting whoever.

Is Redknapp friends with 'the Jose Mourinho camp' then?

I was actually hoping what Anal was true because that'd mean someone special, someone with real quality. Redknapp's not that and neither is Hughes.

Redknapp and Mourinho are linked by superagent Pini Zahavi.

havent blackburn been on as bad a run as us recently? hughes would be a step backwards if we got him now.

from what i hear th ebalckburn fans are not exactly buzzing with him anyway, i was speaking to a few recently and they claim they have gone backwards for about a year now, no improvement whatsoever, and they feel it may be time for a change.

no doubt we will rescue them like we did with souness

How about this more likely theory:

Oliver is wrong and is a cunt

?

He's now covered all his bases.

Top foreign coach - predicted last week - no matter who it is that will be whose agent rang him.

Most likely British coaches - predicted this week

Now just sit back and wait for

As we revealed first in the Chronicle..........