Alan Oliver: 'top manager' contact claim?

KaKa

I might ring Alan Oliver myself and see if he'll give me Mort's number. I could text him and see if there are any transfers on the cards.

Well, you might get lucky. Its quite amazing that you think he wouldn't have a number to contact him

If he has Morts number, why does he just nick non stories off the official website?

are you on drugs ? Why do you think they would put a story like this on the official website  ;D

I might ring Alan Oliver myself and see if he'll give me Mort's number. I could text him and see if there are any transfers on the cards.

Well, you might get lucky. Its quite amazing that you think he wouldn't have a number to contact him

A number to contact him, yes. It's probably the press office number, which is published on the website.

His personal number? Doubt it.

In any case:

Contacts. :lol:

Hmm, say I'm a colleague of a top agency, and our client is a world-renowned manager; someone that would 'blow Mort's socks off'. How do I get in touch with Mort?

I know, I'll ring a journalist at a local newspaper. That will be much more discreet than sending a letter to the club (address published on the internet), or ringing the club (number published on the internet). :lol:

PS - the bit in bold: mackems.gif

A) Ring local journo, hope they have the chairmans number.  If they don't, keep calling all the reporters in the area until you find one who does.

B) Contact the club through official channels.

Frankly any manager who picks "A" as a method of reaching Mort wants shot.  Repeatedly. 

What 'official channels' are these? The Yellow Pages?

:lol:

If any manager wanted to get in touch with the clubs chairman, who better than the leading journo of the local rag ?

Sorry, but... mackems.gif

how do you think football works Dave ? Do you think he looks in the phone book ?

No one looks in the phone book old man

http://www.softasset.co.uk/images/centennial/118-118.gif

oh dear. Such abuse from a little lad.

Never mind. One day you will learn.

BTW, I'm the same age as Allardyce, Roeder, and younger than Kevin Keegan, who certainly knew what he was on about.

mackems.gif

By the way, they aren't the same age so thats an impressive trick. 

don't think this will be owt made up tbh.

If any manager wanted to get in touch with the clubs chairman, who better than the leading journo of the local rag ? Unbelievable that people don't understand this and simply make negative comments in tune with current hype etc etc......hardly unexpected though.

Whether this information was meant to be made public is another matter entirely !!!!

http://www.camdenny.com/oneidalake/fishing.jpg

the real sad thing, is that you think you are right.

No, the real sad thing is that I thought to myself as I was posting it, "what if he actually does believe that, how sad would that be".

So you were close I suppose O0

I suppose you are right, those yellow pages are great aren't they  mackems.gif

What??!!

Genuine Question : Are you pissed?

No. I was thinking that you and others were tbh. Are you seriously trying to say that the major journo of the biggest newspaper in the city doesn't know how to contact the chairman of the football club ?

You're fuckin barmy mate. Sorry like, but that is ridiculous.

A) Ring local journo, hope they have the chairmans number.  If they don't, keep calling all the reporters in the area until you find one who does.

B) Contact the club through official channels.

Frankly any manager who picks "A" as a method of reaching Mort wants shot.  Repeatedly. 

What 'official channels' are these? The Yellow Pages?

:lol:

Exactly.  I tastefully deleted my post though as you were saying the same thing.

AO doesn't even register on the radar of top managers ffs.

If any manager wanted to get in touch with the clubs chairman, who better than the leading journo of the local rag ?

how do you think football works Dave ? Do you think he looks in the phone book ?

BTW, I'm the same age as Allardyce, Roeder, and younger than Kevin Keegan, who certainly knew what he was on about.

mackems.gif

how do you know, are you telling me how old I am  mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Can you not read?

Allardyce and Roeder are not the same age as each other, so you can't be the same age as both of them. O0

mackems.gif

Can you not read?

Allardyce and Roeder are not the same age as each other, so you can't be the same age as both of them. O0

You're pissed aren't you ?

I mean, if one of them is 52, and one is 53, you must be pissed, or stupid, to be so pedantic.

;D

If he has Morts number, why does he just nick non stories off the official website?

are you on drugs ? Why do you think they would put a story like this on the official website  ;D

Not that story ffs, his main story are all carbon copies of ones on .co.uk, if he had concrete info regarding something like this you would wallpaper it all over your paper, not just a little paragraph in the depth of the sports pages.  Its just shit stirring to fill up inches in his paper.

Surely a top agent would have contacts of his own that negate the need to phone the local crackpot journo?

The thread has taken a turn of comical genius. Thank you NE5, you've made my night.

So you think the major journo of the major newspaper in the city doesn't know how to contact the chairman of the football club, right ?

The naivety of people on this board never ceases to amaze me

I have another theory, AO is touting big names wanting the job so when we don't appoint said big names, fans get pissed off with the board and MA who have backed Big Sam in refusing the c*** access to him and certain players. As ever AO has an agenda. The man's a prick.

Oliver could get sacked over this if it's a lie and Mort goes to the editor with it.

Yes, unless there is any substance in it, he could really have cooked his goose this time ; many of his claims have been somewhat 'wide of the mark'....

The thread has taken a turn of comical genius. Thank you NE5, you've made my night.

So you think the major journo of the major newspaper in the city doesn't know how to contact the chairman of the football club, right ?

Haha, point out where I said that please. You're clearly on the wind-up tonight. :laugh:

I never said he couldn't contact him. You just made that up in your head; it's called a straw-man argument.

Not that story ffs, his main story are all carbon copies of ones on .co.uk, if he had concrete info regarding something like this you would wallpaper it all over your paper, not just a little paragraph in the depth of the sports pages.  Its just shit stirring to fill up inches in his paper.

Surely a top agent would have contacts of his own that negate the need to phone the local crackpot journo?

I'm sure if it is made up, then Mort will take action, wouldn't you agree?

Time will tell, as they say.

mackems.gif

Can you not read?

I mean, if one of them is 52, and one is 53, you must be pissed, or stupid, to be so pedantic.

;D

Unless one of them turns from 53==>54 before the younger one reaches 53 from 52 O0

To agree with Dave...

"naivety" :lol:

Dave, take note to add the "most ironic post of the year" award for 2008's nominations.

"naivety" :lol:

Dave, take note to add the "most ironic post of the year" award for 2008's nominations.

Or worst WUM

Haha, point out where I said that please. You're clearly on the wind-up tonight. :laugh:

I never said he couldn't contact him. You just made that up in your head; it's called a straw-man argument.

you're backtracking. The major journo of the local rag is an obvious way of getting contact info of the football club chairman. This is what I said. As usual, its fools who think that because Oliver is an idiot that he wouldn't have this info. Of course he would. He is bound to have it, the same as most or all of the players and officials at the club. You must be pretty stupid if you don't understand that the press aren't the most obvious and common method of getting information like this.

Surely he would concentrate on running the club rather than getting into a petty feud with AO?

mackems.gif

Can you not read?

;D

Unless one of them turns from 53==>54 before the younger one reaches 53 from 52 O0

To agree with Dave...

Clutching at straws .........

mackems.gif

Surely he would concentrate on running the club rather than getting into a petty feud with AO?

what are you talking about ?

Who is talking about a fued  mackems.gif We are talking about someone who has a contact phone number, its nothing to do with a "fued"

you're backtracking. The major journo of the local rag is an obvious way of getting contact info of the football club chairman. This is what I said. As usual, its fools who think that because Oliver is an idiot that he wouldn't have this info. Of course he would. He is bound to have it, the same as most or all of the players and officials at the club. You must be pretty stupid if you don't understand that the press aren't the most obvious and common method of getting information like this.

More obvious than just ringing the club?? Hmm

mackems.gif

Can you not read?

;D

To agree with Dave...

Clutching at straws .........

mackems.gif

Unless its a fact O0