To All North American Toon Fans.

Guest JamesD

Guest JamesD

all it says regarding the premiership is 'COMING SOON: From August 2007 here on Setanta Broadband, you’ll also be able to catch comprehensive LIVE action each week from the English Premier League – watch this space" . Seems like it is the complete schedule, but it doesnt say that explicitly.

Guest JamesD

says north america, so im assuming that includes you. 

Also found this :"We also have MUTV and Chelsea TV, which show EVERY Premiership & Champions League match that Manchester United & Chelsea play, delayed." Hopefully MUTV and Chelsea TV are included with a subsription, 4 confirmed games a year then.

Guest UMBONGO

The Bull & Bear in Houston have had Setanta for donkeys as its the local Celtic supporters club. I called in to see if they were showing any of the friendlies and was told Setanta UK and Setanta USA are two completely separate organisations.

FSW wasnt bad last year, dont mind seeing the games later in the day as long as I dont know the score.

A couple pubs here in Toronto have had Setanta for a while as well.  The best of the bunch has a multifloor viewing of all the matches, but there's a fuckin' Bin Dippers and Yids supporters club on either floor!  The two worst set of fans to have to sit with.  I'd rather stream the matches at home.  Although, beating 'Pool last year was amazing as most of the plastic cunts were close to tears when my bro and I were giving them an earful. 

Also found this :"We also have MUTV and Chelsea TV, which show EVERY Premiership & Champions League match that Manchester United & Chelsea play, delayed." Hopefully MUTV and Chelsea TV are included with a subsription, 4 confirmed games a year then.

Yeah, I even went through the terms and conditions section and it seemed open to NA.  So, looks promising. 

Guest Texasmag

The Bull & Bear in Houston have had Setanta for donkeys as its the local Celtic supporters club. I called in to see if they were showing any of the friendlies and was told Setanta UK and Setanta USA are two completely separate organisations.

FSW wasnt bad last year, dont mind seeing the games later in the day as long as I dont know the score.

Where abouts is the Bull and Bear? I've heard of the Richmond Arms and they show the Toon games. Correct about Setanta UK & USA.

I get those on my Setanta channel.

Setanta's coverage is terrible, though. Tons of tech problems, dropped feeds, late starts, etc.

Really?  I always thought Setanta had a better picture quality than FSC, didn't have tons of loud and annoying commercials, actually had a decent half-time and post-game presentation, didn't delay games so they could start their programs on the hour like FSC did, and used Sky coverage quite frequently, which is always a good thing.  FSC are amateurs when it comes to presenting soccer, unlike Setanta.

FSC's commentary is cringe-worthy, but I've never had any real issues with them other than that. Maybe it's just me, but my Setanta coverage has had a lot more dropped feeds and technical errors (no commentary, lost audio, etc.) I remember one of the league games last season on Xtra where they didn't get the satellite feed up until almost half an hour into the 1st half. I wasn't happy, to say the least.

Guest nwgeordie

What is the video quality on Setanta BB? Is it like watching a stream, or is it TV quality?

Watched the

Celtic and Juventas games over Newcastle World which was provided by Seranta. Picture certainly wasa not flat screen quality but nevertheless acceptable

Guest TampaToon

looks like i'll be spending plenty of time and money at the local pub catching newcastle games on Setanta

FSC's commentary is cringe-worthy, but I've never had any real issues with them other than that. Maybe it's just me, but my Setanta coverage has had a lot more dropped feeds and technical errors (no commentary, lost audio, etc.) I remember one of the league games last season on Xtra where they didn't get the satellite feed up until almost half an hour into the 1st half. I wasn't happy, to say the least.

given some of the performances last year, they were probably doing us a favor.

I just moved to New York, which means I can't have satellite of course, and thus no Setanta, I only have FSC, which means only one match for 2 months. Anyone know any good bars in Manhattan to watch Newcastle games with other Newcastle fans? I've heard Nevada Smith's name floated around, but it's probably packed with manure fans and such. Any other ones anyone knows of?

I just moved to New York, which means I can't have satellite of course, and thus no Setanta, I only have FSC, which means only one match for 2 months. Anyone know any good bars in Manhattan to watch Newcastle games with other Newcastle fans? I've heard Nevada Smith's name floated around, but it's probably packed with manure fans and such. Any other ones anyone knows of?

I think there's a Toon supporters club at Nevada Smith's.  Have a google for it.

Guest Verlaine

I'm moving to Hoboken in a week. If you find anywhere, let me know!

New Jersz!  Been before?

Guest Verlaine

New Jersz!  Been before?

Yeah, a few times. I like to think of it more as moving to the NYC suburbs. I may yet end up in the City, anyway. Depends on apartment prices and whether I can get somewhere near a train station.

New Jersz!  Been before?

Yeah, a few times. I like to think of it more as moving to the NYC suburbs. I may yet end up in the City, anyway. Depends on apartment prices and whether I can get somewhere near a train station.

Goodluck, mate.  Rent is ridiculous, well, depends where you wanna live.  I've got a couple mates in Brooklyn, they live decently.  Hoboken isn't so bad as long as you're by a train station as you've mentioned. 

Guest Texasmag

Nevada Smith's has a pretty big Toon fan base. When the Toon are playing the place is leaping.

I think there's a Toon supporters club at Nevada Smith's.  Have a google for it.

Guest UMBONGO

Where abouts is the Bull and Bear? I've heard of the Richmond Arms and they show the Toon games. Correct about Setanta UK & USA.

I get those on my Setanta channel.

Bull & Bear is outside the Beltway on West side of town at Westheimer & Eldridge. Canny bar, similar to the Richmond without the plastic Olde English theme. The only other option you have in Houston is Big Johns Ice House on Wilcrest, have only ever seen us get beat when I have been in so tend to avoid it.

Failing that I drag the telly out into the garden when we are on FSC so I can smoke, drink and swear to my hearts content without getting battered of wor lass.

Guest nufcfan76

Okay, a few things:

If and when anyone gets the low down on Setanta BB (availability, cost, quality, number of games, etc.) post it- - I think we're all in the same boat over here so we should try to help anyone that obviously wants to support our club. But there's no use if it's crap quality or like pulling teeth to make it happen. Listening to Mick should be a last resort.  Therfore, I can try and call/email my contact with Setanta in the next few days to see if he knows anything.

But I still see SBB as a distant second to the DTV route- there's no Tivo on a PC, but there's probably some software. I just like watching games on my 50' Samsung DLP and being able to pause to go WILD or just to get another Broon. Now if only they had games in HDTV...

Also, if you are moving to Hoboken, I am very familiar with it, even being here in Sacramento,CA.. Try Lucca Brazi's (sp?, it's a great deli) and the a place called The Bear (a bar), I believe, both worthy places. And there are a few places in NYC that have the Toon games, and as suggested, search on google and give the places a call, often they have knowledge of games prior to them being played/televised.

Just an FYI: www.soccertv.com/england.cfm

Is the best source for looking up what matches are being shown where in North America.

Steppingrazor - Mad Dog in the Fog (San Francisco) gets my vote for best venue to watch a game in North America - large toon contingent always present.

The Bolton Match will be available on Setanta Sport and on-line on Setanta Broadband for $10 - it will also be shown on many illegal stations that I would never suggest ever to be used on such an upstanding forum as this where we all abide by the LAW.

As far as I can tell all of our next five matches will be shown in one form or another - you just have to knwo where to look.

For those of you too lazy to click on the link above:

Sat Aug 11 06:55AM Pacific

Sat Aug 11 07:55AM Mountain

Sat Aug 11 08:55AM Central

Sat Aug 11 09:55AM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 5 min    LIVE

Setanta Sports USA

English Premier League

Bolton Wanderers vs Newcastle United

Sat Aug 11 03:00PM Pacific

Sat Aug 11 04:00PM Mountain

Sat Aug 11 05:00PM Central

Sat Aug 11 06:00PM Eastern

Length: 1 hr 45 min    R

Setanta Sports USA

English Premier League

Fri Aug 17 09:00AM Pacific

Fri Aug 17 10:00AM Mountain

Fri Aug 17 11:00AM Central

Fri Aug 17 12:00PM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 15 min    LIVE

FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US

English Premier League

Newcastle United vs Aston Villa

And as stated it is also available for download on Setanta Broadband.

For those of you too lazy to click on the link above:

Sat Aug 11 06:55AM Pacific

Sat Aug 11 07:55AM Mountain

Sat Aug 11 08:55AM Central

Sat Aug 11 09:55AM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 5 min    LIVE

Setanta Sports USA

English Premier League

Sat Aug 11 03:00PM Pacific

Sat Aug 11 04:00PM Mountain

Sat Aug 11 05:00PM Central

Sat Aug 11 06:00PM Eastern

Length: 1 hr 45 min    R

Setanta Sports USA

English Premier League

Fri Aug 17 09:00AM Pacific

Fri Aug 17 10:00AM Mountain

Fri Aug 17 11:00AM Central

Fri Aug 17 12:00PM Eastern

Length: 2 hr 15 min    LIVE

FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US

English Premier League

Newcastle United vs Aston Villa

And as stated it is also available for download on Setanta Broadband.

Are you sure?  Link?  Couldn't find anything on the site.