To All North American Toon Fans.

Guest JamesD

I did end up just buying the Setanta broadband...trying it out with some archived matches and it looks pretty solid. It'll be worth it to watch all the matches and not be dependent on the whims of FSC programming folks.

Any idea of the bitrate?  I don't think I'll need the broadband, but it'll be good to know in the future.

Too much money, and my mom will never go along with the idea.  :-[

Get a paper route.  ;) 

I work at Staples. My mom is willing to pay for her own Indian channels, but she says my grades will suffer and all that.

Anyway, I think it's better that i pay for ir on the internet, that way I can pay for it myself without anyone knowing.  :razz:

I was just having you on, mate.  Good lad, though.  :thup:

Oh God, welcome to the world of the urban brown person, mate. Those ATN and Sony 'serials' have what driven me, and millions, to pubs across town when footie's on. When I got a proper job the first thing I did was buy a separate telly, with a separate Rogers box, and with all the footie channels I could possibly afford.

PS: Bonk - just got home from a night out, and remembered to turn to channel 429. Fuckin' hell! It's really there. Fuckin' rugby, though. Had a shitty night too, fuckin' C Lounge.

Fucking hell, case in point. Setanta's feed of the mackems game just went all to hell. Picture & audio in & out. It's not a game I really care about, except as far as rooting against the mackems goes, but still, if you're gonna have near-exclusive coverage, GET YOUR FUCKING ACT STRAIGHT!!!

Screens for you all...

Martins walking off at half-time...

http://www.cypressridgeoffice.com/shamir/martins-setanta.jpg

Match view...

http://www.cypressridgeoffice.com/shamir/45mins-setanta.jpg

Sound is great, the picture sometimes will pause for a few seconds and I've had to click the different feeds a few times. NOT as smooth as I would like it, but no true complaints.  I thought Martins missed that bicycle btw, haha. I went nuts after!

Guest Texasmag

I'm watching the game, but thought I would tune into Newcastle World at half time to hear what Mick Lowes had to say about the game so far.

No chance it's having server problems. Why am I not surprised!!!!

First day of the season, and this is happening. There are sure to be a lot of p***ed off fans who are not fortunate enough to see their team!

I hope they get ot sorted!

Screens for you all...

Martins walking off at half-time...

http://www.cypressridgeoffice.com/shamir/martins-setanta.jpg

Match view...

http://www.cypressridgeoffice.com/shamir/45mins-setanta.jpg

Sound is great, the picture sometimes will pause for a few seconds and I've had to click the different feeds a few times. NOT as smooth as I would like it, but no true complaints.  I thought Martins missed that bicycle btw, haha. I went nuts after!

Quality looks good, mate!  Was the feed steady throughout? 

NcToon, did you not look at the screen shots Kanji posted?

They've changed my mind, Setanta. Hats off!

Yeah, mate.  Coverage was decent, switched over to soccercentral after the match. 

C-Lounge?  Dropped off wor lass there once and told her to have a good night.  She

met me 45mins later in a right twat'ish mood.

They've changed my mind, Setanta. Hats off!

Yeah, mate.  Coverage was decent, switched over to soccercentral after the match. 

C-Lounge?  Dropped off wor lass there once and told her to have a good night.  She

met me 45mins later in a right twat'ish mood.

Shite. Don't go. Some nice R. Kelly-type girls in there though ;). The Woody Allen in me had to be shot down. They do, however, have a sort of pool party going on year-round, which can't be a terrible thing if you're in the mood / drunk enough.

only

so its worth getting the setanta broadband then? how quickly were you able to get it working etc. was it much of a hassle?

Yeah I think it's worth it...$12/mo not too bad really, and even though my Internet is notoriously sketchy cause I'm on wireless, it ran by far the smoothest of any streaming video I've seen. (Better than YouTube, about 1000x better than NCAA March Madness coverage  :razz:)

The posted screenshots were spot-on what it looked like on my laptop as well. The only thing I wish Setanta would do is move the matches to the archive as soon as they are over instead of only replaying them one at a time, at a specific time. I had to wait until 6pm to watch the replay when I wished I could have seen it right after I got back from work this afternoon.

edited to add: The match is archived now on Setanta, I guess they wait until the end of the day to do it. But yeah, I was in the same boat as you James, having to avoid anything which might give away the score. I couldn't even watch other Premier League games today because I was worried they might drop the score at some point.

Guest JamesD

i had a soccer game at 10AM today and had to wait til 6 to watch the match, without checking this place, bbc, or any other places which may have had the score. Well worth it though, and for everyone on the fence, setanta broadband is great.

• 2 months later...

Resurrecting this one a bit...

Does anyone know what channel the mackems vs newcastle match is on in North America, especially whether its on Setanta Broadband etc?

Pllleassse reply asap, i've no clue how to find out. Setanta Broadband NA website doesnt give great future listings.

Resurrecting this one a bit...

Does anyone know what channel the mackems vs newcastle match is on in North America, especially whether its on Setanta Broadband etc?

Pllleassse reply asap, i've no clue how to find out. Setanta Broadband NA website doesnt give great future listings.

It will be on Setanta for sure.  Whether it's live or on tape delay is another question. 

• 5 months later...

I'm off to Atlanta GA later this year and in the interests of North Eastern solidarity - I would advise anybody interested in British football or TV to do the following:-

1) Find a mate with Sky+ and broadband in England

2) Pay them £10 a month for an extra sky account and a Skybox which they set up in their spare room

3) Buy a Slingbox and get them to attach it to this Skybox

4) Congratulations - You can now watch Sky+ via this box on your laptop

5) Buy a Slingcatcher and plug it into the back of your US TV set - you can now watch Sky+ on this - MOTD at 5.45pm EST!

http://www.slingmedia.com/