To All North American Toon Fans.

Guest JamesD

I not sure Setanta have the rights to international games, don't think the England friendly internationals have the same appeal our here as the PL games.

Just checked the schedule for Setanta (Canada) and they don't seem to be showing it here in Canada, may be different for the US,  just Estonia v Canada and Switzerland v Germany, if either of them float yer boat.

FSC have Poland v US Live and taped delays of Brazil v Sweeden and Scotland v Croatia.

Rogers sportsnet have no games, neither do The Score.

France - England today... on US TV anyone??

So far as I've been able to tell, it's only on Setanta Premium, which is the commercial version for bars and such. According to Setanta's schedule it's not on the satellite package or broadband. You can find places that have subscriptions to the commercial version here: http://www.setantanorthamerica.com/venue_finder.aspx.

Guest TinoInHiding

moving to chicago ill. in the summer... got any suggestion what the best package for newcastle matches is?

I have Dish Network and I get FSC as part of my package.  Setanta is an additional 14.99/mo.  I don't have Setanta but between the two you'd be able to see almost all the games.

Aye, I have dishnetwork with setanta - and the number of newcastle matches shown is great.

As far as I know, you would be able to get the same channels with DirectTv as well -

just make sure you go with one of these 2 (both satellite providers) as I don't think cable (eg: Cox) can show setanta games....

I'm not sure what the deal is down in the US but up in Alberta Canada, I have Shaw's HD cable package and you can basically add on which ever channels you want. I have 3 BBC channels for example, for sport I've got Rogers sportsnet, the Score, FSC, FSW, there's also Gol which is a pure footbal channel but mainly south american games.  I also have setanta which cost only $15 a month (about 7.50 pounds) which is excellent value for all the games you get.

Since we moved into our new home in January, I have seen every one of NUFC's PL games live, if Setanta don't pick the game up there's a good chance that one of the others will. Setanta also fill there schedules with a lot of tape delayed games.

TV coverage of the Leauge out here is quite amazing.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TinoInHiding

Does anyone have any idea if the SUnderland match is on any of the channels?

Worryingly I can't find any sign of it on dishnetwork / setanta / fsc...... :kasper:

Guest nufcfan76

Not on I guess... FSC & Setanta have no listings for it... Incredible, yeah, I wanna see Arsenal vs. Reading instead :rolleyes:...

Guest nufcfan76

Ah, it would help if I was looking at SUNDAY instead of Saturday!!! What a relief!!! It's on 615 @ 2PM Pacific, can't wait, thanks!!!!

Guest TinoInHiding

On Setanta at 5pm, but if you have Setanta through DirecTV it's live on Setanta Xtra (Ch 670, I think)

bollocks - I didn't realise that DirecTV had additional channels over DishNetwork.

If there were ever a game they should all be showing live........

EDited to add: Just found this on another website,, but can find no evidence to confirm the fact that it will be on Dishnetwork 460

Can anyone confirm this?

The big derby game is LIVE on Setanta Xtra for those of us who have Setanta - It's just been announced.

I have Dish Network and it is going to be on Channel 460 as a special event

Guest VegasToon

Setanta Broadband has it on Broadband 2 channel:

BROADBAND 2

"Additional programming is available here to annual and monthly subscribers.

Saturday 19th April 2008:

Barclays Premier League - West Ham v Derby County KO 10:00am ET

Coca-Cola Championship - Stoke City v Bristol City KO 12:20pm ET

Sunday 20th April 2008:

Barclays Premier League - Newcastle United v Sunderland KO 8:30am ET

bwin Liga - FC Porto v Benfica KO 3:30pm ET"

Hello to all North American toon fans! :hello:

I salute you for supporting us from afar  :icon_salut:

Good luck in your quest to watch the match this Sunday!  :thup:

cheers mate,  i've taught my 2 yr old daughter to chant, "toon toon black & white army!"

it tends to sound more like "blacken my mommy", though  bluelaugh.gif

Hello to all North American toon fans! :hello:

I salute you for supporting us from afar  :icon_salut:

Good luck in your quest to watch the match this Sunday!  :thup:

cheers mate,  i've taught my 2 yr old daughter to chant, "toon toon black & white army!"

it tends to sound more like "blacken my mommy", though  bluelaugh.gif

:lol:

FSC has been pretty good to us. We've been getting all the games since the Fulham match.

I don't mind not getting the Sunderland match as I'll be at work anyway.  :weep:

A question to non U.S fans. Do you guys get Robbie Earl and Efun ekoku(sp?) as your commentators. I forgot the other commentator's names but every time I see high lites from England I hear different commentators.

Guest VegasToon

Don't know where I'd be without Setanta broadband here. 

I am very excited as I just got a new laptop with an HDMI connection.  Now I can hook up to my TV to watch the game instead of watching it on a 15 inch screen computer screen.

FSC has been pretty good to us. We've been getting all the games since the Fulham match.

I don't mind not getting the Sunderland match as I'll be at work anyway.  :weep:

A question to non U.S fans. Do you guys get Robbie Earl and Efun ekoku(sp?) as your commentators. I forgot the other commentator's names but every time I see high lites from England I hear different commentators.

Saturday mornings were fantastic for a few weeks there. Was hoping the good times would keep rolling, but it had to end, I suppose.

Don't know where I'd be without Setanta broadband here. 

I am very excited as I just got a new laptop with an HDMI connection.  Now I can hook up to my TV to watch the game instead of watching it on a 15 inch screen computer screen.

I'm somewhat less excited because my laptop broke down and I sent it for repairs... And UPS LOST IT!  Fucking morons  :angry:

Seriously, what are the odds of my laptop breaking down AND getting lost in transit. What an amazing week for me.