Baines signs for Everton

Guest hindu times

Guest Bramble OG

Suppose if the Moyes is unhappy storys are true(other clubs transfers thread) then i cant see him wanting to sign for them

Also in the Manchester Evening News by the way. They were right about Smith.

NEWCASTLE United are understood to have revived interest in Wigan Athletic's Leighton Baines and could be poised to out-bid Everton for the England under 21 left-back.

Baines was strongly tipped to join Everton in the next 48 hours in a £5m deal but Toon boss Sam Allardyce is now set to launch a Magpie swoop to scupper Everton's plans.

Baines is still said to favour a move to Everton but he has told his close associates contrary to reports, he is willing to uproot from the north west should an opportunity arise.

Wigan Athletic officials are still expecting a renewed offer from Everton and will then allow Baines to speak with Goodison Park officials to discuss personal terms.

These could take place this weekend. Baines last week turned down a £6m move to Sunderland and is currently being treated for a hamstring injury.

Guest Toon83

The MEN news is usually spot on with its transfer stories, so there maybe something in this.

Baines would be a great asset at left back, and surely we wont have a problem bidding £6m, but he has already turned down a move to the north east because his wife didnt want to move after having their baby, so Big Sam will have to get his best negotiating cap on!

From the Mirror -

"Sam Allardyce is winning his battle of wills with Newcastle's board after striking twice in the summer market.

Manchester United's Alan Smith and Lyon skipper Cacapa were both on Tyneside undergoing medicals last night.

And the duo could even make their debuts against Serie A giants Sampdoria in Sunday's St James' Park friendly.

More good news for the Toon faithful is that Allardyce has jumped to the front of the queue for Wigan left-back Leighton Baines - and will pay £6m for the youngster he has fancied since taking his new job."

Guest LucasUnger

The MEN news is usually spot on with its transfer stories, so there maybe something in this.

Baines would be a great asset at left back, and surely we wont have a problem bidding £6m, but he has already turned down a move to the north east because his wife didnt want to move after having their baby, so Big Sam will have to get his best negotiating cap on!

:)

From the Mirror -

"Sam Allardyce is winning his battle of wills with Newcastle's board after striking twice in the summer market.

Manchester United's Alan Smith and Lyon skipper Cacapa were both on Tyneside undergoing medicals last night.

And the duo could even make their debuts against Serie A giants Sampdoria in Sunday's St James' Park friendly.

More good news for the Toon faithful is that Allardyce has jumped to the front of the queue for Wigan left-back Leighton Baines - and will pay £6m for the youngster he has fancied since taking his new job."

mackems.gif

For a grand total of nothing.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2638462,00.html

Drago deal getting closer perhaps? (for some reason i really want this guy ???)

Baines would be fantastic with this little lot.

Anything after that would be absolutely fantastic!

Guest Toon83

From the Mirror -

mackems.gif

Someone has already jumped the gun on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivica_Dragutinovi%C4%87

listed as newcastle's new number 3!

In light of signing Capaca and Drago I think Baines would be a good edition to the squad. Now if we could get a right back in that can replace Carr it would be great. Then again am I now being too greedy?

From the Mirror -

mackems.gif

Someone has already jumped the gun on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivica_Dragutinovi%C4%87

listed as newcastle's new number 3!

Do not know why people have the obsession of editing Wiki entries before things have even happened. ???

Anyone tell me the satisfaction they get from doing it? I guess a fair few people on here do it, god knows why, just make us look totally fuking stupid when it doesn't come off, ie Deco. Morons.  :rolleyes:

In light of signing Capaca and Drago I think Baines would be a good edition to the squad. Now if we could get a right back in that can replace Carr it would be great. Then again am I now being too greedy?

I wanted to say the same but then thought anything after Baines is just a bonus now.