Not Fit Enough!

BONTEMPI

Guest Toon83

Everybody knew that Roeder didnt have a clue, this officially confirms it.

The previous regime was just a shambles from Top to Bottom including the chairman, now we have a new one, so hopefully Sam can sort this problem out as soon as possible

Two a day practices. I can't believe professional footballers can't cope with these. I assumed these were a staple of modern day professional sports, particularly during pre-seasons, it certainly is the case in the USA anyway. Seems Sam picked up quite a few things during his time in the USA. Very interesting.

Guest LucasUnger

sam will fix this.

especially with us now getting some players in. we should have a big enough squad for the start of the season so the injured players have enough time to get to fully fitness.

Can't stand this blaming the previous regime crap. 

Nothing against Allardyce, but he should resist the easy digs at his predecessors

If it was Roeder we'd be commenting on him getting his excuses in early...

I see your point. However, I think Sam is generally disgusted by the fact so many of the players are struggling with his fitness regime rather than looking to have a dig at roeder. The players have probably been whinging about it and saying they are having to do to much fitness work.

You only have to look at the strength and stamina of his Bolton teams to appreciate the effects of this kind of training and I'm all for it. You can already see the benefits in the players who have come through his fitness training without problems. Carr, Martins, Milner and Zoggy have all looked much sharper and fitter.

Even if they're not fit enough now, they still seem a helluva lot fitter than in any previous pre seasons in recent years, and their fitness will only improve under Sams guidance. Things are certainly improving.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm sorry but this article is full of shit

most of the injuries he mentions aren't even affected by fucking fitness

and Micheal Owen? so all the guff about him being in the best condition of his life was shit then?

and what about rozenhal? surely his super duper profiling systems haven't failed and pushed an unprepared player too hard?

Can't stand this blaming the previous regime crap. 

Nothing against Allardyce, but he should resist the easy digs at his predecessors

If it was Roeder we'd be commenting on him getting his excuses in early...

I see your point. However, I think Sam is generally disgusted by the fact so many of the players are struggling with his fitness regime rather than looking to have a dig at roeder. The players have probably been whinging about it and saying they are having to do to much fitness work.

You only have to look at the strength and stamina of his Bolton teams to appreciate the effects of this kind of training and I'm all for it. You can already see the benefits in the players who have come through his fitness training without problems. Carr, Martins, Milner and Zoggy have all looked much sharper and fitter.

Sorry, but players come back from a Summer without an international tournament rested, but less fit than they were during the previous season. Their fitness levels will obviously have to be raised regardless of how fit or unfit they were the previous season. If Allardyce is pushing them so hard that they break down and get injuries, then thats a condemnation of his training methods not his predecessor's.

I'm sorry but this article is full of s***

most of the injuries he mentions aren't even affected by f****** fitness

and Micheal Owen? so all the guff about him being in the best condition of his life was s*** then?

and what about rozenhal? surely his super duper profiling systems haven't failed and pushed an unprepared player too hard?

Go watch Sunderland if your not happy!

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic gutted at the implication his hero Roeder (who he'd still have here over Allardyce) wasn't up to it :razz:

I would have either here, but I can't stand dickheads using one shithouse to prop up another

Vic gutted at the implication his hero Roeder (who he'd still have here over Allardyce) wasn't up to it :razz:

I would have either here, but I can't stand dickheads using one shithouse to prop up another

:cheesy:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I'm sorry but this article is full of s***

most of the injuries he mentions aren't even affected by f****** fitness

and Micheal Owen? so all the guff about him being in the best condition of his life was s*** then?

Go watch Sunderland if your not happy!

excellent response. you obviously know how to argue your case. oh that's right, it's you!

Sorry, but players come back from a Summer without an international tournament rested, but less fit than they were during the previous season. Their fitness levels will obviously have to be raised regardless of how fit or unfit they were the previous season. If Allardyce is pushing them so hard that they break down and get injuries, then thats a condemnation of his training methods not his predecessor's.

Can't argue with that. If the player's can't handle Sam's training and they're picking up injuries right before the season's start, then Sam must share some of the blame. Rozehnal and Barton have both picked up injuries and they've never worked for Glenn Roeder, while Butt went most of last season injury-free only to get injured when Sam comes in, so it seems unfair to point the finger at Glenn.

Guest Verlaine

Vic has a point.

Have to agree. But you know that Vic hates it when people respond to posts with agreement?