Not Fit Enough!

BONTEMPI

Don't see much wrong with what Sam's saying tbh. He's criticising the player's general fitness and saying it had been allowed to deteriorate. Compare Bolton's fitness record to ours last couple of seasons. If in a year's time we are still suffering breakdown epidemics then by all means have a pop.

My view is that the number of players who haven't been available to start games for Newcastle has been unacceptable and I'm very glad that this will be addressed.

Being physically fit is important when you are a professional sportsman

Sack all the sports science folks and just hire this guy.

Touché

Being able to detect sarcarm is important when contributing on an internet message board.

Don't see much wrong with what Sam's saying tbh. He's criticising the player's general fitness and saying it had been allowed to deteriorate. Compare Bolton's fitness record to ours last couple of seasons. If in a year's time we are still suffering breakdown epidemics then by all means have a pop.

My view is that the number of players who haven't been available to start games for Newcastle has been unacceptable and I'm very glad that this will be addressed.

4 players were injured before pre-season. 3 weeks later we have 10 on the sick list. When exactly are we going to address it?

I don't care what shape the players were in before, training should be adjusted to accommodate the existing level of fitness of each individual player and not push them so hard they break. If excessive training caused their injuries, Allardyce is to blame. I'd rather go into the season with slightly unfit first teamers than fully fit reserves.

Blaming previous the previous manager for injuries now is absolutely ridiculous.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic has a point.

Have to agree. But you know that Vic hates it when people respond to posts with agreement?

I don't hate it, I just don't do it myself that often

sad thing is plenty dickwads on here ignore the times people happen to agree with me, it just won't do for certain folks and their forum stereotypes

Vic has a point.

Have to agree. But you know that Vic hates it when people respond to posts with agreement?

sad thing is plenty dickwads on here ignore the times people happen to agree with me, it just won't do for certain folks and their forum stereotypes

And what makes you such an expert on the running's of a football club?

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic has a point.

I can speak English for a start

Vic has a point.

I can speak English for a start

What do you do for a living?

Guest Knightrider

They look fit enough to me, much fitter than we were this time last year, maybe kidology from Big Sam?

If a pro footballer isn't physically fit enough then he has only himself to blame.

If a footballer has a weakness in his game ie, Owen can't/wont shoot with his left, then a real pro would work that weakness out of their game.

No excuses in either case.

They look fit enough to me, much fitter than we were this time last year, maybe kidology from Big Sam?

Exact same thought went through my mind when he specifically mentioned Bolton would be fitter than us when we played them.

If a pro footballer isn't physically fit enough then he has only himself to blame.

If a footballer has a weakness in his game ie, Owen can't/wont shoot with his left, then a real pro would work that weakness out of their game.

No excuses in either case.

Owen scored quite a few for Liverpool with his left iirc.

Guest Knightrider

Sorry if this seems a stupid question, but what back room / sports science staff has Sam taken on?  Has he got the blokes from Bolton he was after?  I knew he was after them but I hadn't heard he'd got any of them yet.

They were put on leave from Bolton but we haven't officially brought them in as they were still under contract, is my understanding, however nowt says they can't advise...

Don't see much wrong with what Sam's saying tbh. He's criticising the player's general fitness and saying it had been allowed to deteriorate.

4 players were injured before pre-season. 3 weeks later we have 10 on the sick list. When exactly are we going to address it?

I don't care what shape the players were in before, training should be adjusted to accommodate the existing level of fitness of each individual player and not push them so hard they break. If excessive training caused their injuries, Allardyce is to blame. I'd rather go into the season with slightly unfit first teamers than fully fit reserves.

Blaming previous the previous manager for injuries now is absolutely ridiculous.

Just re-read what I said again.