Where does our strikeforce rate?

STM

Guest toonlass

If Berbatov scores 18 league goals this season I will eat my Cat.

If you eat your cat the RSPCA will not be happy.....

How about front pairs then, who do you think makes the best partnership?

Tevez and Rooney

Van Persie and Da Silva

Torres and Kuyt

Owen and Viduka

Drogba and Shevchenko

Berbatov and Bent

Guest optimistic nit

Don't think there is really a simple answer to that one.

I suppose you could go off how many league goals each player would score and total them up, so here would be mine off the top of my head.

Us- Owen (18), Viduka (15), Martins (10),  Ameobi (6) (Total:49)

Liverpool- Torres (18), Crouch (16), Kuyt (11), Vorinin (-8-) (Total:53)

Man Utd- Rooney (15), Saha (12), Anderson (6), Tevez (14) (Total:47)

Arsenal- Adebayor (11), Van Persie (13), De Silva (15), Bentner (6) (Total:45)

Chelsea- Drogba (23), Pizzaro (10), Shevchenko (16), Kalou (5) (Total:54)

Spurs- Berbatov (18), Keane (12), Defoe (10), Bent (15) (Total:55)

I've removed Smith so everyone has 4 strikers each and i also think he'll be a mid anyway.

Anderson is a MIDFIELDER. Why don't we include solano's goals if we include his?

Shevie scored 4 pl goals last season, yet this season he magically quadrouples that number?

I can't see viduka scoring 15 next season, as he may well find himself 3rd striker.

I can also see Martins scoring more than 10, as he scored 11 last season, which was his first in the PL, he'll be playing in a more accomplished and tactical team, and he's averaged over 1 in 2 or exactly 1 in 2 in every serie a league season he's played in, and i can see him playing in more than 20 games bar injury.

Saha will almost definately score less, as 3rd striker, and ManU fans think they will be playing 1 up front for the majority of games next season, who will most definately be rooney.

Guest toonlass

If our lads can stay fit then I think we have the third best striking group out of those teams, behind Liverpool and Man utd

I suppose you could go off how many league goals each player would score and total them up, so here would be mine off the top of my head.

I've removed Smith so everyone has 4 strikers each and i also think he'll be a mid anyway.

Martins scored only one less league goal then Berbatov last season and played two less game.

Martins is going to get a lot less games though if Owen stays fit.

Fair point, but you could then also say the same for the likes of Keane (11 last season) and Defoe (10 last season) at Spurs now that Bent has arrived.  As well as Crouch (only 9 last season) now that Torres has arrived.  None of them are likely to get more this season then last in what will likely be less games.

Guest Petay

Spurs strike force as individuals probably ranks behind our but as a set of players I see producing goals I'd put them above us.

Anderson is a MIDFIELDER. Why don't we include solano's goals if we include his?

Shevie scored 4 pl goals last season, yet this season he magically quadrouples that number?

I can't see viduka scoring 15 next season, as he may well find himself 3rd striker.

I can also see Martins scoring more than 10, as he scored 11 last season, which was his first in the PL, he'll be playing in a more accomplished and tactical team, and he's averaged over 1 in 2 or exactly 1 in 2 in every league season he's played in, and i can see him playing in more than 20 games bar injury.

Saha will almost definately score less, as 3rd striker, and ManU fans think they will be playing 1 up front for the majority of games next season, who will most definately be rooney.

I wouldn't of put Anderson in there, but they don't have a 4th striker.

Sheva will play a lot more and will score a lot more goals imo.

Viduka & Owen are 1st choice strikers by the way SA, Owen, Viduka & Martins have been going on.

Guest optimistic nit

I can also see Martins scoring more than 10, as he scored 11 last season, which was his first in the PL, he'll be playing in a more accomplished and tactical team, and he's averaged over 1 in 2 or exactly 1 in 2 in every league season he's played in, and i can see him playing in more than 20 games bar injury.

Viduka & Owen are 1st choice strikers by the way SA, Owen, Viduka & Martins have been going on.

Aye, but why do we need to have 4 strikers? including anderson would be no different to including, say, ronaldo, and i cant see anderson even playing 6 games next season. I will rephrase my viduka thing then, i can't see viduka starting 5 games more than martins. They will be at the least joint rotational second strikers imo.

I really can't see sheva scoring over 10.

Martins scored only one less league goal then Berbatov last season and played two less game.

Martins is going to get a lot less games though if Owen stays fit.

Fair point, but you could then also say the same for the likes of Keane (11 last season) and Defoe (10 last season) at Spurs now that Bent has arrived.  As well as Crouch (only 9 last season) now that Torres has arrived.  None of them are likely to get more this season then last in what will likely be less games.

Fair enough, top of my head, nowts going to be the exact truth, however you've just got no idea how its going to pan out in the end.

I think Crouch & Torres will be 1st choice so guess they will be spending a lot of time on the pitch since the pressure is on Rafa to deliver a better title fight from the off instead of falling at the 1st hurdle like he's done in the previous 3 seasons. More emphasis on the league for Liverpool this season.

I think on average Spurs will score more goals this season, just think they are ready to really push on, and Bent did well for Charlton so will bring the same level of goals in less games due to being surrounded by better players.

Aye, but why do we need to have 4 strikers? including anderson would be no different to including, say, ronaldo, and i cant see anderson even playing 6 games next season. I will rephrase my viduka thing then, i can't see viduka starting 5 games more than martins. They will be at the least joint rotational second strikers imo.

I really can't see sheva scoring over 10.

Throw Ronaldo in instead of Anderson then. Who knows Manu could still be on the hunt for another striker. If they are playing 1 up front then maybe not, but its a matter of 6 goals, it doesn't really matter that much.

Viduka if fit will start most games, i see Owen & Martins fighting it out to partner him, well i did in a 442 but SA has said its more likely to be 433. Our uncertainty makes it hard to pin down whats going to happen, none of these other teams have had the same change about as us, so we really are the biggest unknown quantity out of the lot.

I think Sheva will have a fantastic season, i think Chelsea will be far more open, but like i said, you just don't know what the manager is thinking, time for Jose to be less negative, he's hinted as much.

I'm convinced that Owen, Martins, Viduka and Shola will score boatloads this season. Obviously as always injuries will dictate who scores the most. I've got a feeling it going to be Martins again.

Guest shearer_united

I'm convinced that Owen, Martins, Viduka and Shola will score boatloads this season. Obviously as always injuries will dictate who scores the most. I've got a feeling it going to be Martins again.

Somehow i believe Mark Viduka will be the highest nufc scorer due to Owen and Martins' injuries.

And Smith a weebit behind Viduka by goal or two.

Martins has never really been injured for a long period of time,just the odd niggle keeping him out of the odd game.

And at the minute,i can't see Owen getting in the team with him missing most of Pre-season.

Really gives the edge to Viduka and Martins until Owen proves himself.

I believe our strike force will recover better from injuries as we have enough options upfront.  With Smith, Viduka, Martins, Owen, Ameobi and Luque to chose from, it means that we don't need to rush anyone back from injury as there are plenty of strikers to chose from.  If Viduka and Owen are injured, I'm happy with Smith, Martins and Luque to chose from (and vice versa).

Im happy with Martins Shola/Viduka to be the front 2 partnership or 4-3-3...Martins Viduka Smith(unless he plays in midfield)

We might actually see entertaining football every week for once

Im happy with Martins Shola/Viduka to be the front 2 partnership or 4-3-3...Martins Viduka Smith(unless he plays in midfield)

We might actually see entertaining football every week for once

Fingers crossed my friend. 

Us- Owen, Viduka, Martins, Smith and Ameobi

Liverpool- Torres, Crouch, Kuyt, Vorinin

Man Utd- Rooney, Saha, Anderson, Tevez?

Arsenal- Adebayor, Van Persie, De Silva, Bentner

Chelsea- Drogba, Pizzaro, Shevchenko, Kalou

Spurs- Berbatov, Keane, Defoe, Bent

I wouldn't be in any rush to swap our strikeforce. In what order do you think they rate, compared to the others in the premiership?

I'd say in order:

Man Utd

Arsenal (Just got a feeling this year)

Newcastle

Liverpool

Chelsea

Spurs

You are severely underrating Chelsea IMO.

1. Chelsea

2. NUFC

3. Spurs

4. Manchester United

5. Liverpool

6. Arsenal

Us- Owen, Viduka, Martins, Smith and Ameobi

Liverpool- Torres, Crouch, Kuyt, Vorinin

Man Utd- Rooney, Saha, Anderson, Tevez?

Arsenal- Adebayor, Van Persie, De Silva, Bentner

Chelsea- Drogba, Pizzaro, Shevchenko, Kalou

Spurs- Berbatov, Keane, Defoe, Bent

I wouldn't be in any rush to swap our strikeforce. In what order do you think they rate, compared to the others in the premiership?

I'd say in order:

Man Utd

Arsenal (Just got a feeling this year)

Newcastle

Liverpool

Chelsea

Spurs

You are severely underrating Chelsea IMO.

1. Chelsea

2. NUFC

3. Spurs

4. Manchester United

5. Liverpool

6. Arsenal

you are severely underrating Manu

1. Manu

2. Liverpool

3. Spurs

4. Chelsea

5. Nufc