José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I agree with that blog like, obviously Enrique is thinking of himself first.

That's fine for him, but it's sad to see so many fans rallying behind him, when really he is being disrespectful to the club and our new signings.

i'd say it's even more disrespectful to the club to continue to give ashley the benefit of the doubt but whatever floats your boat

Still can't believe people still defending the 35m not being re-invested in the squad as PROMISED by Pardew and by extension the Ashley/Llambias. Not a penny has been spent. Now add the substantial operating profit the club has achieved with the MASSIVE reduction in wages over the past 3 seasons combined with the BIG increase in TV money income due to the new PL deal. There's a HELL of a lot more than 35m AVAILABLE to be invested in the club, and by choosing to not allow the club to make money off the SD advertising, we would have had even more.

He's taking out money that belongs to him, at the end of the day. But the endless lies, patronising comments and false hopes are what annoys me most. If it's not going to be spent, don't say it it will be.

He says they won't spend on quality players doesn't he? Which is true.

Cabaye?

Just won the league in France and gave up the opportunity to play in the Champions League to sign for us. How is he not a "quality player"?

I think Jose's made himself look a bit stupid and petulant tbh.

Yes but we didn't spend £35m on him, so regardless of how good he is it doesn't matter.

If we spent £35m on him everything would be alright though.

nah that would be daft. spending 35 million on making the team better would be a canny idea though. you know, the team? the one you watch every weekend and would like to get better at playing football.

Still can't believe people still defending the 35m not being re-invested in the squad as PROMISED by Pardew and by extension the Ashley/Llambias. Not a penny has been spent. Now add the substantial operating profit the club has achieved with the MASSIVE reduction in wages over the past 3 seasons combined with the BIG increase in TV money income due to the new PL deal. There's a HELL of a lot more than 35m AVAILABLE to be invested in the club, and by choosing to not allow the club to make money off the SD advertising, we would have had even more.

He's taking out money that belongs to him, at the end of the day. But the endless lies, patronising comments and false hopes are what annoys me most. If it's not going to be spent, don't say it it will be.

Substantial operating profit?! And what money has Ashley taken out?

Cabaye?

Just won the league in France and gave up the opportunity to play in the Champions League to sign for us. How is he not a "quality player"?

Yes but we didn't spend £35m on him, so regardless of how good he is it doesn't matter.

nah that would be daft. spending 35 million on making the team better would be a canny idea though. you know, the team? the one you watch every weekend and would like to get better at playing football.

The team has improved since the end of last season...

It seems to me people just want the money spent, regardless on whether or not it actually improves the team.

We've managed to improve it whilst not spending a lot of money, which is a huge deal because the money hasn't been spent.

Easy solution - overspend. Everybody would be happy because we've spent the money that we had to

Can you please send me the clubs accounts?

You've obviously seen them with such an unbiased and insightful opinion....

Guest thenorthumbrian

That's fine for him, but it's sad to see so many fans rallying behind him, when really he is being disrespectful to the club and our new signings.

I get the impression that you are Ashley and Llambias's gimp.

I get the impression that you're an imbecile.

At least I am my own imbecile and not Ashleys.

I really wonder if there are some people around here who are paid to defend Ashleys at all costs and against all the evidence of the damage he is doing to United.

Cabaye?

It seems to me people just want the money spent, regardless on whether or not it actually improves the team.

We've managed to improve it whilst not spending a lot of money, which is a huge deal because the money hasn't been spent.

Easy solution - overspend. Everybody would be happy because we've spent the money that we had to

agreed

I get the impression that you are Ashley and Llambias's gimp.

I get the impression that you're an imbecile.

At least I am my own imbecile and not Ashleys.

I really wonder if there are some people around here who are paid to defend Ashleys at all costs and against all the evidence of the damage he is doing to United.

If you've actually read what I've argued you wouldn't be saying that, it's ridiculous. You know it is possible there are people in the world that don't have the same opinion as you?

Fairly f***ing obvious what he means tbh.

Exactly. No direct attack on players we've already signed either.

It doesn't need to be a direct attack when an indirect one has the same effect. Fuck off to Liverpool by all means you Scouse/Spick twat, but don't pretend you aren't fighting for your loyalty bonus when you obviously are. 

Take a look at the 2008/2009 and 2009/2010 accounts and if you can't figure out yourselves, then fair enough, wait until you see the end of year accounts for last season. I'll be redirecting you to my posts when that happens. Amazes me that people are so easy to be lead around this merry-go-round.

Cabaye?

agreed

I don't care if the money is spent or goes into Ashley's pocket, it's all his money any way. What I care about is the endless, patronizing and unnecessary lies . Why say it's going to be invested in the squad when it isn't going to be.

Take a look at the 2008/2009 and 2009/2010 accounts and if you can't figure out yourselves, then fair enough, wait until you see the end of year accounts for last season. I'll be redirecting you to my posts when that happens. Amazes me that people are so easy to be lead around this merry-go-round.

We're showing improvements but we were still operating at a loss. This year it will obviously be at a profit because of transfer fees, problem with that?

I don't get how Jose can be lauded as some sort of hero, when at the end of the day he's lying as well (all footballer lie, don't kid yourself) and the board (that is also lying) is hated.

Everyone in football lies, people need to accept that and think rationally rather than have their head full of bias.

So assuming everyone lies I still stand by Jose over the club as it's then simply a case of one man showing he has ambition while the club shows little by failing to improve size and depth of squad

But that means you believe that it was possible (realistically) for the club to improve the squad enough this summer to make Jose stay? I'm not sure any amount of signings would have done that.

Presumably he didn't want us to spend £10m on another left back either.

So assuming everyone lies I still stand by Jose over the club as it's then simply a case of one man showing he has ambition while the club shows little by failing to improve size and depth of squad

We're a stepping stone club at the moment, just like 15 others.

People need to accept that, including the players.

We can't just wander into Europe and sign the top players, they simply don't want to come. We're not a big enough brand for them, the only reason they'll sign for us (Cabaye, HBA etc) is to put themselves in the shop window to get a better move 2/3 years later.

Thing is that im very happy with our signings so far, i really don't care how high/low the cost is, price doesn't always define the quality of the players. If we hadn't went for these players for free and Cabaye for peanuts or not at least tried and they went to other clubs i would of been quite unhappy as it would have been a chance missed to raise the quality of our squad for more or less no money at all (agent fees blahblah)

By saying that i wouldn't be satisfied as things stand and the window just closed, not even if we signed Erdinc tbh. Im all for it when it comes to bargains as it's simply great business (could be) But as the squad is it still lacks quality in some positions and especially in depth there's room for improvement without a doubt.

And if there aren't any quality bargains to sign and there's still areas to be improved we simply have to spend money cause that's just how it works, and financially we should be able to do just that. What worries me is that if we end up around around 10th position again without even really given it a go even more players will want to leave and i guess we'll just have live with it.

Now is the time to try and take the biggest step forward as possible, we have a core of some very good players and with some quality additions to what we've already got we could potentially make a giant step forward and be able to keep our best players as they will feel that the club has made progress. As it stands now im not sure we're gonna make that progress to convince our players enough.

:undecided:

No problem with Jose having ambition but he should have put in a transfer request rather than slag the club in order to get his loyalty bonus.

Guest TheSummerOf69

I don't see many squads outside the top 6 with a core of players like Enrique, Coloccini, Cabaye, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa & Jonas tbf.

Well 2 of them are in the final year of their contract so will be sold this summer if possible.

A lot of people are declaring Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marveaux to be quality signings, but I'll reserve judgement 'til I see them perform regularly in the Premier League.

Yes Cabaye was from the French champions. But Smith, Butt, Parker and Duff were (the altogether higher quality) Premier League champions and they weren't so hot.

Yes, Ben Arfa scored a good goal against Everton. But we've had a lot of players flatter to deceive that way. And he seems to be another in the I'm-going-on-strike N'Zogbia mould, just without the proven Premier League pedigree. Add on top the injury and there are still plenty question marks that can only be answered in time.

I know that our squad had to rely on too many kids towards the back end of last season which could have been nasty if we'd been a couple of wins worse off in the table at that point.

Guest TheSummerOf69

I do believe that the club is still trying to add to the squad, and this statement won't help. Nor will it help the morale of the players who want to stay. As such, it's a bit selfish.

If he wants to go, he can go. No need to try and attract sympathy / support like this.

Agree with this 100%

Can't see how anybody can consider Jose's outburst good for the club in any way?

It's not good for the club (unless it in some small way contributes to MA eventually leaving). Doesn't make it the wrong thing to have done though.

Of course it does, surely as fans we want what's best for the club before wanting bad things for the owners.

These comments help no-one, if he is unhappy he can express his frustration by handing in a transfer request, that says what needs to be said. Obviously it would rule out a loyalty bonus but if he isn't worried about money...

I sometimes wish Joey Barton was a bit less free on Twit-ter, and I had to admire Chris Hughton's ability to keep schtum (but with honour) as he steadied the ship... but it's not always a great thing to be uncommunicative. As some of the criticism of Jose (and indeed Ashley) in the past shows.

Is the silent approach of Michael Owen the role model you wish all NUFC staff to emulate?