José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

JOSE Enrique Sanchez says he is excited about continuing his football education under Sam Allardyce after being hugely impressed by his first meeting with the Newcastle United boss.

Big Sam has made the Spanish U21 left-back his seventh signing of the summer, arriving on a five-year deal from Villarreal for a fee of 9.3 million Euros.

Jose Enrique - who will take the number three shirt at St. James' Park - spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk after joining the Magpies.

He said: "I believe very much in the manager at Newcastle United and I believe they are going to be one of the top teams.

"I met Sam for dinner and I was very happy to listen to his plans for Newcastle United.

"He treated me very well and he understands me. He knows I have to get used to a lot of new things, like changes in culture and language, but he says he is going to help me adapt to that.

NUFC Mobile Wallpapers

"He says it will make me stronger and he will have patience with me. I am really happy to here that."

Jose Enrique will now get used to life with his new colleagues, but he already knows the capabilities in the squad.

He added: "I know that Newcastle already have players with a lot of character and players who are used to winning many things and playing in Europe like Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Obafemi Martins.

"It will also help me to have people like Nolberto Solano and Albert Luque to speak to. Albert says he is going to take care of me at Newcastle."

.cock

It will be interesting to see how he adapts.

Del Horno was very impressive in Spain, yet he couldn't make the change. Hopefully Enrique will come to terms with the demands more quickly.

Coincidence that it was confirmed just after 5 o'clock? :lol:

What just after Anal went home?

:lol:

I'll bet Anal has the drop on them this time, staying on after hours to get the scoop!

Mint, make him work through the night!

That might be the reason in the gigantic drop in quality in his usual articles in the last few days. Its been bad enough for years, but now he's all over the place!

JOSE Enrique Sanchez says he is excited about continuing his football education under Sam Allardyce after being hugely impressed by his first meeting with the Newcastle United boss.

Big Sam has made the Spanish U21 left-back his seventh signing of the summer, arriving on a five-year deal from Villarreal for a fee of 9.3 million Euros.

Jose Enrique - who will take the number three shirt at St. James' Park - spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk after joining the Magpies.

He said: "I believe very much in the manager at Newcastle United and I believe they are going to be one of the top teams.

"I met Sam for dinner and I was very happy to listen to his plans for Newcastle United.

"He treated me very well and he understands me. He knows I have to get used to a lot of new things, like changes in culture and language, but he says he is going to help me adapt to that.

NUFC Mobile Wallpapers

"He says it will make me stronger and he will have patience with me. I am really happy to here that."

Jose Enrique will now get used to life with his new colleagues, but he already knows the capabilities in the squad.

He added: "I know that Newcastle already have players with a lot of character and players who are used to winning many things and playing in Europe like Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Obafemi Martins. The less I say about the defence the better.

"It will also help me to have people like Nolberto Solano and Albert Luque to speak to. Albert says he is going to take care of me at Newcastle."

.cock

All sounding very good so far, won't do Luque any harm to have another Spaniard on board either.

Just out of interest, anyone know if Sam speaks any other languages aside from English?

EDIT: That was possibly the most pointless post ever, Jon.

All sounding very good so far, won't do Luque any harm to have another Spaniard on board either.

Just out of interest, anyone know if Sam speaks any other languages aside from English?

Money.

*wink wink*

Good to see Allardyce is looking to ease him into the team.

I'd love to see him playing at Bolton but let's not forget what happened to Luque who was given 90 mins against Man Utd 48 hours after having a medical, a week later suffered a hamstring tear, lost all his pace and confidence and became a joke figure at the club.

To throw a young Spanish defender in against Bolton away just days after meeting his new teammates could be asking for trouble.

I reckon he might put him in against Villa, it's a home game and by then he'll have been training with the team for 2 weeks.

"He says it will make me stronger and he will have patience with me. I am really happy to hear that."

He added: "I know that Newcastle already have players with a lot of character and players who are used to winning many things and playing in Europe like Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Obafemi Martins.

.cock

This is why I love Sam. Fantastic  O0

I'd love to see him playing at Bolton but let's not forget what happened to Luque who was given 90 mins against Man Utd 48 hours after having a medical, a week later suffered a hamstring tear, lost all his pace and confidence and became a joke figure at the club.

To throw a young Spanish defender in against Bolton away just days after meeting his new teammates could be asking for trouble.

I reckon he might put him in against Villa, it's a home game and by then he'll have been training with the team for 2 weeks.

Agreed, it's why I was hoping we'd have Drago in.

Obviously Drago is new as well, but at his age I'd imagine he'd be mentally better equipped to deal with it.

NUFC Mobile Wallpapers

He added: "I know that Newcastle already have players with a lot of character and players who are used to winning many things and playing in Europe like Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and Obafemi Martins. The less I say about the defence the better.

.cock

:lol: :lol: Fucking spot on son

Guest nufc 4 life

brilliant transfer business so far, we now have a decent left-back, but we still need a right-back.

Against Bolton it will be very physical so i dont think Sam will chuck him in the deep end from the start, He might get a 15-20 min run out at the end. Im slightly concerned that Enrique wont play and someone like Ramage will end up there.

N'Zogbia left-back against Bolton, I'd presume. Milner on the left and Martins or Solano on the right.

Viduka up front on his todd, Smith/Geremi/Butt in the centre. Barring injuries, of course.

Against Bolton it will be very physical so i dont think Sam will chuck him in the deep end from the start, He might get a 15-20 min run out at the end. Im slightly concerned that Enrique wont play and someone like Ramage will end up there.

I reckon he'll stick with Zog at left back. Just a hunch.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I reckon he'll stick with Zog at left back. Just a hunch.

I reckon Ramage because of physical presence!

He said he wants to use the players who have done so well in pre-season with the new ones coming in after that. He's already singled Zog out for praise at left-back, and said today he thought he was man of the match yesterday (although he performed a lot better on the left wing).

Perhaps he might wait as long as the international break before starting the likes of Cacapa and Enrique, injuries permitting? A two week break and then Wigan at home, seems like a good way to start them off, after some sub appearances perhaps.

Guest Triglett

Hmm. Obviously don't have a clue who he is, but I'd be encouraged that Allardyce is looking at younger options too. No good having to dismantle half your side in 2 years time. Must say though, I'm stuggling to think of any Spanish defenders who've done well here.