José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Well fortunately for them, they got rid of Hicks and Gilet so they might avoid a situation where their popular manager gets undermined by the owner.

And what about when they make a decision that's unpopular with the fans? Like not backing the manager with enough money to strengthen etc? Because those things will happen and when they do, it'll be the owners fault and never the manager.

It's not good having a manager that's bigger than the club to the fans.

is Cheik M'Bengue any good? Not seen much of him tbh, probably athletic i can imagine but does he have talent as well?

Fast, strong and good going forward, but an absolute wanker.

I've only seen one of his tackles that got him banned - it was against Monaco back in 2009. Fucking disgusting, he was banned for about 4 months I think. When he was younger he was banned for something like 15 matches for an even worse challenge in the reserve side.

is Cheik M'Bengue any good? Not seen much of him tbh, probably athletic i can imagine but does he have talent as well?

Fast, strong and good going forward, but an absolute w*****.

I've only seen one of his tackles that got him banned - it was against Monaco back in 2009. f***ing disgusting, he was banned for about 4 months I think. When he was younger he was banned for something like 15 matches for an even worse challenge in the reserve side.

Bengue tackling De Jong vs  15 match suspension....hmmmmmm.. Tough choice.

You've only got to look back at Golfmag's post to know Jose will be off.

The reason Hughton went was because he wasn't prepared to sell the high earners and that's always been Pardew's remit.

Bend over, take what Mike's giving him and smile to the rest of the world knowing he wouldn't get a job as big as this for any other reason.

The reason Hughton went was because he wasn't prepared to sell the high earners and that's always been Pardew's remit.

Bend over, take what Mike's giving him and smile to the rest of the world knowing he wouldn't get a job as big as this for any other reason.

The club wants him to stay, but Enrique wants a move, period! NUFC cannot make an salary exemption for Enrique because that will potentially unsettle the rest of the squad and set the standards for all future contract negotiations. Do you think Barton will accept being paid considerably less the the club's left back? And what effect will a special treatment of Enrique have on our two best players HBA and Tiote? As long as NUFC are willing to give Enrique maximum pay within todays salary policy, they've done everything they can to keep him. If Enrique still wants to leave, despite the pending influx of players, it's his choice and the club cannot do anything with it.

Withabrick: The big difference is that Tiote and HBA's contracts are aligned with todays salary policy.  Lpool will probably offer more money than what our current policy allow. So in order to keep Enrique, we'll have to make an exception. If we give him 70 000 a week, Barton will demand the same during his contract negotiations, which will force the club to either accept or to sell him. If Barton too gets 70, HBA will be pissed, since he arguably will state that he is the best player in the club. And if we buy hot shot striker, he will probably want Enrique's pay too. So by accepting one measly exception, we initiate a pay spiral which the club cannot afford and that is impossible to stop.

Do you really want Enrique so much that you're willing to risk the current squad harmony?

The club wants him to stay, but Enrique wants a move, period! NUFC cannot make an salary exemption for Enrique because that will potentially unsettle the rest of the squad and set the standards for all future contract negotiations. Do you think Barton will accept being paid considerably less the the club's left back? And what effect will a special treatment of Enrique have on our two best players HBA and Tiote? As long as NUFC are willing to give Enrique maximum pay within todays salary policy, they've done everything they can to keep him. If Enrique still wants to leave, despite the pending influx of players, it's his choice and the club cannot do anything with it.

:mackems:

This post is so flawed, I don't even know where to start.

Why does he want to move? Isn't he happy with our 'top ten finish every year' aspiration?

If he's worth £10m + £70k per week (say a four contract giving a total value of about £23m) to Liverpool, why isn't he worth £13.4m to us over the same period (£70k per week, no fee)?

Let's not pretend this isn't a just another example of the 'buy'em low, sell 'em high' mentality that will run through the club for as long as Ashley is here.

And, what impact on squad harmony, will that policy have do you think?

Knowing your star players every year are fair game for clubs willing to pay them what they're worth.

I'm looking forward to the bids for Colo coming in and then Tiote.

That said, at least we can look forward to the likes of Ameobi, Best and Lovenkrands for the next few years. Happy Days.

In principle I agree Wullie. People are not only about money, although right now football is heading towards being the exception that proves the rule. Time will show: If he leaves for Lpool, it's obviously because of money. They will not get near any cl-spot or silverware the next couple of seasons. If he on the other hand heads abroad to Milan etc, or to Man U or Chelsea, his main desire is to win a trophy.

In principle I agree Wullie. People are not only by money, although right now football is heading towards being the exception that proves the rule. Time will show: If he leaves for Lpool, it's obviously because of money. They will not get near any cl-spot or silverware the next couple of seasons. If he on the other hand heads abroad to Milan etc, or to Man U or Chelsea, his main desire is to win a trophy.

Do you know what the Liverpool owners have planned for the next two years?

I'd say having signed our most promising home grown talent in 25 years + targetted the best left back we've had in the same period they're showing more ambition than most - if they can add a few more squad players to their core next year they will be Champions League contenders.

If you want to keep players like Enrique you're going to have to pay him more than the rest. He's one of the top 3/4 left backs in the league and if you want to keep players like that you have to pay them. If Barton thinks he's worth that much then let him try and get it elsewhere.  I'm pretty certain he wouldn't get it and if someone was stupid enough to pay him that much then that's their problem, replacing Barton would be a lot easier than replacing Enrique. It's ridiculous talking about Ben Arfa, he's played three games.

I can understand the argument as we've been paying players too much in the past but the issue there was we were giving them big wages straight away before they'd done anything. Barton has been on good money for four years and he's only now turned into the player we thought we were getting in the first place.

Yep.

I think the squad would be more pissed off if we didn't negotiate with Jose tbh.

Of course they would.

I love how people seem to find excuse after excuse for what is (now) very clearly the footballing equivalent of Sports Direct.

I'll happily admit I've forgiven M.A for loads of his early mistakes and was in the 'give him time, we need to change etc etc' camp for years but it's beyond me how people keep buying the pardew progaganda and seemingly creating reasons for our players 'wanting away' when it's obvious every player will have a price, the fans don't matter a jot and will continue to get steam rollered into wherever Mike Ashley want's them.

You have a point withabrick. But even though he's probably one of full backs in the league, he's not more important than Barton, Tiote, Colo or HBA.  Three of them got talents that are unique: It's hard to find DMs that have Tiote's passing ability. And Colo's technique is quite rare for a stopper. And HBA's talent goes without saying. Paying Enrique high wages might force the club to pay the others accordingly. Simply put, LB are easer to replace.. I have confidence in Carr: he'll find a good replacement..

You have a point withabrick. But even though he's probably one of full backs in the league, he's not more important than Barton, Tiote, Colo or HBA.  Three of them got talents that are unique: It's hard to find DMs that have Tiote's passing ability. And Colo's technique is quite rare for a stopper. And HBA's talent goes without saying. Paying Enrique high wages might force the club to pay the others accordingly. Simply put, LB are easer to replace.. I have confidence in Carr: he'll find a good replacement..

You're not just replacing a left back though, you're taking away 25% of one of the most robust defenses we've had in eons. Not to mention hwo much he makes up for Jonas' inconsistency.

You could get lucky in signing a flying winger who would be an alternative to Barton. If we don't sign a very, very strong left back to replace Enrique we'll be shipping goals down that side next season and probably be less of an attacking threat with Jonas on the pitch.

In principle I agree Wullie. People are not only by money, although right now football is heading towards being the exception that proves the rule. Time will show: If he leaves for Lpool, it's obviously because of money. They will not get near any cl-spot or silverware the next couple of seasons. If he on the other hand heads abroad to Milan etc, or to Man U or Chelsea, his main desire is to win a trophy.

Do you know what the Liverpool owners have planned for the next two years?

I'd say having signed our most promising home grown talent in 25 years + targetted the best left back we've had in the same period they're showing more ambition than most - if they can add a few more squad players to their core next year they will be Champions League contenders.

You're arguing like we will fail in everything, whilst liverpool will succeed with everything. Carroll and Suarez will succeed period, We'll only buy rubbish attackers. Enrique will play well in Lpool (he will not have the same defensive support in Jonas) And we're not capable of finding a good replacement. Listen to your negative self :) For all we know, Suarez may be rubbish next season (in Holland he got a reputation of only scoring against the weaker teams), Carroll might have problems with  his attitudes, maybe he's seriously injured.. Or what will happen if the widemen Lpool buy fail to give Carroll the balls he like? There are so many contingencies that can occur and go wrong. Sadly many of you think that all the errors will happen to us and not toth Lpool.

Have some faith will you :)

You have a point withabrick. But even though he's probably one of full backs in the league, he's not more important than Barton, Tiote, Colo or HBA.  Three of them got talents that are unique: It's hard to find DMs that have Tiote's passing ability. And Colo's technique is quite rare for a stopper. And HBA's talent goes without saying. Paying Enrique high wages might force the club to pay the others accordingly. Simply put, LB are easer to replace.. I have confidence in Carr: he'll find a good replacement..

How much do you feel is a fair wage cap for a club with top six aspirations?

Is it fair to say that players like Ben Arfa and Tiote are at the ceiling of our wage cap? What do we when they want a pay increase? Sell them?

Minhose: You're forgetting that Jonas gives Enrique probably the best protection in the league. That our left side is rock solid defensively is not all down to Enrique. Just as much credit should land  on Jonas' shoulders.