José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

still,the idea of him coming "next week" for mediacl and terms whislt being coveted by so many clubs makes it still seem far from certain.

why not coming in today ?

not disbelieving but i'll believe it when he signs

still,the idea of him coming "next week" for mediacl and terms whislt being coveted by so many clubs makes it still seem far from certain.

Wasn't he on his way today?

Don't you think our medical team might need a brake? They did do two on Friday, you know?

Guest firetotheworks

Best way to think. I think we'll get him, but the only worry I have is that we'll be a feeder club for Liverpool if he proves himself in the premiership.

Posted on the Villarreal forums, had a few responses. I asked what type of player he is and whether they think he'd have the pace and strength necessary to adapt over here. They've basically agreed with each other that he has pace and strength in abundance and a fighting spirit to boot, he never gives up on a ball and his game is suited to England. He's very quick apparently, beat Aguero in a race starting from behind, and that Messi struggled against him. They also say he's very consistent, rarely has a bad game. His crossing isn't his strongest point and he's nothing special technically, but he shields the ball well. They're very confident he'll go on to be Spain's first choice left back and are saying we've made a brilliant signing (they're talking as if it's a done deal).

Excellent, cheers.

All that needs to be done is the medical.. i don't think he'd be saying goodbye to Villareal if he hadn't already agreed terms + the Villareal chairman said we'd offered him a good deal.

Marca seem to jump the gun quite a lot. Does anyone know how accurate they usually are?

I think it's more a case of they actually have real journalists who don't make sh*t up, so 9 times out of 10 get the stories right early on because they are genuinely close to the clubs. Compare that to the quality of our rags.

"Spanish commentary"- Highlights from the matches in the last week involving Barcelona and Real Madrid "as our friends in Spain saw it." The "Spanish" commentator is, in fact, crew member Sheephead, who uses a mixture of very basic Spanish and English. Common quotes from this section include "peep peep! Penalty!","Fruity Guti", "In the mixa!" , "Guily, me julie!", "OH JAMMY WOODWORK!!!", "Gooooooooooaaaaaaalllllll!" while Barcelona's home ground, the Nou Camp, is often referred to as the "Campy Nou Nou". Barcelona's highlights conclude with the commentator saying "I wanna rock with you, Frank 'Right-Guard'!" (a pun on the the name of Barcelona coach, Frank Rijkaard), while Real Madrid's matches ended with a "hickory dickory dock, Zidane" until he retired last season. And once the phrase A Beckham PING!! Oh chesty chesty goal morgan jammy were used. ((See video in external links intitled Spanish Commentery Video)).