José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Guest Verlaine

I hope these rumoured deals of Drago and Enrique go through within the next 48 hours while they havance something will go wroent signed there is always a chance something will go wrong.

Amen to that.

Guest Verlaine

Btw, it's entirely plausible that the deal hasn't been rubber-stamped yet because it's the weekend. Hence the delay.

Btw, it's entirely plausible that the deal hasn't been rubber-stamped yet because it's the weekend. Hence the delay.

Don't think that's the case. I can't recall a transfer stalling because the weekend arrived. The only possible issue is to do with the LSE but that's irrelevant in our case.

Was Tevez not signed yesterday? Beattie as well. There's nothing significant that will stop a transfer on the weekend if it is immenent enough. A medical doesn't take long, most contracts would have been drawn up before a medical is allowed to take place and the signing only really involves two people (the chairman and the player).

You're allowed to play triallists in friendlies, so even if the deals aren't secured yet, it wouldn't surprise me if Enrique and even Drago appeared today, given that it's the last chance Sam will get to see them before Bolton.

That would be great :D

Guest Verlaine

You're allowed to play triallists in friendlies, so even if the deals aren't secured yet, it wouldn't surprise me if Enrique and even Drago appeared today, given that it's the last chance Sam will get to see them before Bolton.

It'd surprise me massively.

Guest Verlaine

Don't think that's the case. I can't recall a transfer stalling because the weekend arrived. The only possible issue is to do with the LSE but that's irrelevant in our case.

Those transfers were already pretty much underway and in the final stages before the official confirmation. It's more unusual to see a transfer completed in its entirety, start to finish, over the space of a weekend.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm sure there was talk of a 'closed doors' friendly, mainly for MOs benefit, but as his injury is slightly more serious dont know whether it will go ahead. Would be canny though, especially for the 'new' players

Guest Verlaine

Would you? I'd imagine if a fee has been agreed and terms with the player's agreed, all the club would need is permission for their clubs to play today, and I doubt they'd exactly oppose it.

Money on it?

Would you? I'd imagine if a fee has been agreed and terms with the player's agreed, all the club would need is permission for their clubs to play today, and I doubt they'd exactly oppose it.

Money on it?

I learned my lesson last night about bets on here. Not exactly an impossibility though.

Enrique and Drago aren't trialists though, we can't play them as they aren't our players yet.

Enrique and Drago aren't trialists though, we can't play them as they aren't our players yet.

Last summer before Rangers released Bernard, I'm pretty sure he was given permission to play for Sheff Utd in a few friendlies.

Guest Verlaine

There's a big difference between a player you were already going to release and players who are quality, and also have resale value. They wouldn't risk them getting injured or whatnot before the deal was completed.

Guest Douga

would nobody rather spend 2m more on a proven premier leagure LB?

If roeder made this signing many people would be up in arms

There's a big difference between a player you were already going to release and players who are quality, and also have resale value. They wouldn't risk them getting injured or whatnot before the deal was completed.

Exactly. The deal isn't done yet so if Enrique broke his leg or something we could just pack him back off to an unhappy Villarreal!

Would we have been happy letting West Ham play Dyer before a deal was done?

would nobody rather spend 2m more on a proven premier leagure LB?

If roeder made this signing many people would be up in arms

I doubt it.  The reaction of the Villarreal fans is a good judgement of how good the player is/could be.  If Roeder signed him,  i'd still be quite pleased that some decent money/thought is going on the LB position for once.