José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

The interview does seem to leave the door open.

Just feel he's likely to have already been made a better offer than he'll get from us, and he'll be off.

All interested clubs will have let his agent know by now.

Fat mike will make them pay though

He'll get at least 10 mil off someone

How many left backs have gone for 10 mil + 60k a week. That's a big outlay for someone with faults

If you think Ashley will hold out for £10m for a player who can walk away for free in 12 months time you've got a different idea of Ashley's resistance to offers than I have. This is the same bloke who sold N'Zogbia and Bassong for the first decent offer he got despite the fact they were two fo our best young players being held back by aged decrepit shite who couldn't negotiate a free transfer to the J-league.

The interview does seem to leave the door open.

Just feel he's likely to have already been made a better offer than he'll get from us, and he'll be off.

All interested clubs will have let his agent know by now.

Fat mike will make them pay though

He'll get at least 10 mil off someone

How many left backs have gone for 10 mil + 60k a week. That's a big outlay for someone with faults

If you think Ashley will hold out for £10m for a player who can walk away for free in 12 months time you've got a different idea of Ashley's resistance to offers than I have. This is the same bloke who sold N'Zogbia and Bassong for the first decent offer he got despite the fact they were two fo our best young players being held back by aged decrepit shite who couldn't negotiate a free transfer to the J-league.

If Jose is set on leaving now or talking to clubs in december in advance of walking away on a free, then I'd happily take just £4 - £5m for him now tbh and get someone else in.

Not that I'd ever want him to leave, love him to bits. But saying in his interview that he came here for 5 years, and always said he'd be here for 5 years, and that this was his last year, well... that doesn't bode well.

I think it all boils down to whether we can somehow persuade him that the national team will suddenly start picking players outside of the top 4 in the prem. If they did, which we all know they fkn don't at present, I don't doubt that he'd be happy enough to stay. Same with Colo regarding Argentina if he continues to get looked over.

Let's be honest, he's good enough for a Champions League team easily, so if he wants to leave (after serving us well) there's not a lot we can do. Sometimes a player's career just has to run its course... I don't think  we need to slam the club too hard if he goes.

Hope we do everything we can to keep him though.

He's got ambition the owners can't match. 

What could they do though? We can't get back in the top 4 overnight.

If we got two or three top quality players in over the summer, and two decent squad players, maybe Jose would stay?  Who knows, it sounds like he's hinting at that in his interview with the chron, and he said the same to Marca.  However, I personally think he's away regardless and it's a bit of a kop out from him, much like his 'wait until we're safe line' now we're safe there has been no mention of a contract.  All the journos and various rumours seem to be saying that he's a lost acuse and he's leaving in the summer, all we can do is speculate though, but it hardly looks promising.

Guest Roger Kint

Soon as i saw that comment i knew that Mr Agenda would quote it, same predictable rubbish every time.

Sometimes I get the impression that you would be gutted if the club doesnt fail because you will lose the chance to whine and bitch ad nauseum each day.

We should aim to be a top seven club next season. If we start spending some of the £30 million Liverpool paid us up front, secure Barton on a new contract, then who knows, he may stay.

I personally think he wants to play for a top four club, with European football to get the international recongition he deserves.

We should aim to be a top seven club next season. If we start spending some of the £30 million Liverpool paid us up front, secure Barton on a new contract, then who knows, he may stay.

I personally think he wants to play for a top four club, with European football to get the international recongition he deserves.

I agree, but even if we spend a lot of the £30m there's a good chance Jose will still fancy a shot elsewhere.

Just as long as we understand that and don't slam the club too much if it happens.

I agree, but even if we spend a lot of the £30m there's a good chance Jose will still fancy a shot elsewhere.

Just as long as we understand that and don't slam the club too much if it happens.

in all reality though how much difference does us slamming the club make? nowt. we'll still go, they'll still do what they want. for better or worse.

I won't "slam" the club for selling him this summer, we have no choice tbh.

I do however, think that we should have offered him a new contract upon promotion. As of last December he had 18 months of his contract - that shouldn't have been the case imo.

in all reality though how much difference does us slamming the club make? nowt. we'll still go, they'll still do what they want. for better or worse.

It doesn't make any difference, just this is a discussion forum and we talk about things.

Soon as i saw that comment i knew that Mr Agenda would quote it, same predictable rubbish every time.

Sometimes I get the impression that you would be gutted if the club doesnt fail because you will lose the chance to whine and bitch ad nauseum each day.

:lol:

Guest BooBoo

To be honest, when he goes I dont really think I'll give a hoot. I think after Carroll leaving, every other player departure is going very much "meh" as far as I'm concerned.

To be honest, when he goes I dont really think I'll give a hoot. I think after Carroll leaving, every other player departure is going very much "meh" as far as I'm concerned.

That's how I feel.  Carroll had emotional ties to the club - the others don't.  So if he can leave, then all of them will as soon as a better club comes in for them so it is a case of enjoying them whilst we can.

That's how I feel.  Carroll had emotional ties to the club - the others don't.  So if he can leave, then all of them will as soon as a better club comes in for them so it is a case of enjoying them whilst we can.

Don't think it's as clear cut as that, but I know what you're saying.

We shouldn't be resigned to losing every decent player we have, nothing suggests that will happen, especially if we strengthen in the summer.

I am going to be more gutted when Jose leaves.  In my opinion he is an integral part to the way we play and he's the best left back I've seen at NUFC.  Plus, since Carroll has left, we've played the ball on the deck alot more, every cloud and all that shite.  Not saying I'm happy he's gone, just trying to look for positives!

Whilst I do believe he wants to leave, I don't think we're a million miles away from being in a position to convince him to stay.

Don't know if we will though.

Guest Roger Kint

In reality if we keep letting players go then we will never build a good enough team spirit or get the momentum we need to keep them and it will be a constant revolving door.

Where are these players we keep letting go?

Whilst I do believe he wants to leave, I don't think we're a million miles away from being in a position to convince him to stay.

He's on what £40k a week, and our wage cap is £50k?

Guest Roger Kint

He's on what £40k a week, and our wage cap is £50k?

Neither of those figures are public knowledge, merely speculation. Whats your point?