José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

linked to man u again in the mirror why i'm not sure they don't need a left back

Evra just signed a new contract hasn't he, they don't really have back up for him though. I'd be saddened to see Jose leaving to be squad fodder elsewhere like.

Guest axel

linked to man u again in the mirror why i'm not sure they don't need a left back

Evra just signed a new contract hasn't he, they don't really have back up for him though. I'd be saddened to see Jose leaving to be squad fodder elsewhere like.

Isn''t one of the twins back-up left back?

Fabio just plays anywhere really but he isn't really a LB in my opinion.

Guest Loven11

Aye, Fabio or O'Shea but can't see him gannin there anyway. I think it'll be Liverpool but if he does leave then I hope he doesn't join them.

john o'shea steps in when needed too.

It's got to the point where I'd be over the moon if he stayed but if he doesn't I'd be glad if he went anywhere other than the fucking scousers.

because deep down we all know that's where he'll end up. Former manager syndrome...Carroll and Nolan whispering his qualities incessantly in Dalglish's ear....

Maybe he's told the powers that be that he's got no intention of signing anything they put in front of him. If that's the case then he's forced the club's hand and we've got no choice but to sell him.

If he's not happy here then he's got every right to ask to play elsewhere. As long as he does it the right way then it's fair enough, it happens, it's how football works.

It's got to the point where I'd be over the moon if he stayed but if he doesn't I'd be glad if he went anywhere other than the f***ing scousers.

because deep down we all know that's where he'll end up. Former manager syndrome...Carroll and Nolan whispering his qualities incessantly in Dalglish's ear....

re the nolan bit. doubt he's saying 'go there, don't stay' but players talk to each other as mates etc and right now liverpool are a better option than us.

It's got to the point where I'd be over the moon if he stayed but if he doesn't I'd be glad if he went anywhere other than the f***ing scousers.

re the nolan bit. doubt he's saying 'go there, don't stay' but players talk to each other as mates etc and right now liverpool are a better option than us.

I'm sure they are...but not for Nolan. In any case we need to move on. If Liverpool or anyone else want Enrique thy should pay the price it will cost us to replace him. otherwise we might as well hold him to his contract and he's free to leave for where he pleases in 12 months.

It may be a game of brinkmanship to get a better deal for himself at Newcastle. He knows he will be in demand and can keep the club sweating. Mike Ashley has shown himself to be a brinkmanship negotiator in the past but as ever it's a risky way to do business. I think aside from the obvious fact he wants to be somewhere successful, he also knows that if he moves to a more famous club he has a much higher chance of getting into the Spain squad.

If we must lose him, we should ensure it is to a foreign club, I'm sure there'd be interest from Spain and Italy. If we must sell to a Premier League team then his price should rise accordingly because it's bad business to be strengthening other teams and leaving ourselves further behind. Either way the fee should be big because he's been one of the top left backs in the league this season, still plenty years ahead of him and sooner or later I think he'll be in the Spain squad.

Personally I think he's torn. He likes it here and would be happy to stay but he can't keep denying that there are other opportunities out there for him that are just objectively better.

It's a situation a lot of people go through. You like your job and you're very close with the people you work with, then suddenly you're offered the chance to move to a different position with more prestige and better pay.

We should just fuckin tell him he isn't going to Liverpool. If he's desperate to go, someone else will come in for him! We want to  be challenging around the 5th-8th positions eventually. Strengthing other teams doesn't help our cause.

Enrique may be set for United U-turn

May 15 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

JOSE ENRIQUE is pondering a dramatic U-turn over his Newcastle United future.

The Spanish left-back had all but decided to depart St James’ Park after the January transfer window sale of Andy Carroll, with Liverpool, Milan and Bayern Munich all circling round the 23-year-old.

Indeed United have been making plans for his exit in recent months with a bid lodged for Cheikh M’Bengue – the France under-21 international that the Sunday Sun revealed was on Newcastle’s radar back in March.

But with Milan out of the running after ear-marking Nigeria defender Taye Taiwo as their new left-back and United set to offer him a bumper new five-year contract with a substantial pay rise, Enrique’s future may still reside on Tyneside.

Kenny Dalglish is still desperate to add Enrique to his Spanish legion at Anfield but boss Alan Pardew told the Sunday Sun that the player had “absolutely not” indicated that he wanted a move. And he said that the club are still “optimistic” of retaining one of their most consistent stars, with United desperate to open talks on the £7million-rated star next week.

Pardew said: “He’s not indicated to myself or to Derek what his intentions are.

“We’re still optimistic - of course. I’d love to keep him. Absolutely love to keep him.

“But I think we have to be on our guard because there are so many noises about him. I think that’s the nature of the business we’re in.”

?

Newcastle remain deadlocked in discussions with Joey Barton, however.

Pardew is pressing the case for a new long-term deal for the midfielder, but there is a disagreement over the length of contract to offer him.

He wants a four-year deal while the club are only prepared to offer him a two-year contract with an option of a third.

Aston Villa and Hamburg are ready to pounce if United can’t broker a deal.

On Barton, Pardew said: “That is a process that will have to start when the season ends.”

if thats the case, fair enough. much harder to replace jose than barton imo

I don't agree. The position Barton plays in is far more important in my opinion. You can get away with having an average full back, not so much with someone in Bartons position.

Agree. I think you could get someone like Larsson who could do a similar job to Barton pretty easily, finding a proven left-back could be tricky. M'Bengue could be good but it's a gamble. With Enrique you know what you're getting.

I don't agree. The position Barton plays in is far more important in my opinion. You can get away with having an average full back, not so much with someone in Bartons position.

:thup:

Also Barton's seems to be really important for the squad with his mentality/attitude at times (for example against Arsenal where he looked like being on a one-man-mission at times)