José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

We should have known back in October or whenever it was he said he'd wait until we're safe. Christ man, even teams who finish around 6th or 7th aren't generally mathematically safe until the last couple of months. I can't see Liverpool playing Champions League anytime soon anyway. Tit.

Yup it does irritate me that him (or his advisers) seemed to be moving the goal post. First it was we'll wait till Newcastle is safe. Now that we are safe and in a good shout to finish strongly, the least he could do is start negotiating to show his sincerity. What is their excuse now?? If he wants us to show ambition, then he should at least make that clear and wait till we finish our summer dealings. If he has made up his mind of moving to his 'bigger' team, then he should say so now so that we can cut our losses, prepare without him and start looking for replacements of similar quality.

8mil is not enough!

It is if he can leave for nothing at the end of the season. It was always going to be Liverpool. The moment the sour faced jock took over the reigns he was always going to cast his vulture eyes over his former club.

Guest pont-toon

What makes everyone so sure he's going to Liverpool?

after all his clandestine meetings with them he has developed a cross spanish/scouse accent ala Molby

It could be hard to play this one right. If he's going, we've got to hold out and get the best price, but that means having to get a replacement in first. I can see us selling him and failing to get anyone in at the last minute. Or some really shit signing like Wayne Bridge.

If he is going, play Ferguson LB tomorrow. He's clearly good enough going forward, but the sooner we know about his defending, the better.

Guest Shaun

The thing is with losing Jose is that we will never get a goiod price for him considering his contract lengh, so we havn't got that softening blow of cash like we had with AC. We also will never find a better left back for a while. Also it looks like he's off to Liverpool.

It's like losing one of our best and most promosing players for a tuppence won't be enough, but Kenny Dalglish realy feels the need to well and truly shovel s*** in our faces. I hope the ginger c*** drowns in a pool of aids ridden p*ss.

Not cool. I had a cousin who drowned in a pool of aids ridden urine.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I wouldn't be very confident going into next season with Van Aanholt as our first choice left back.

Guest Shaun

Is Insua any good?

Simple answer = no.

Looked good when I saw him like.

Liverpool were desperate to get rid of him when he was their only left back. He's awful.

I wouldn't be very confident going into next season with Van Aanholt as our first choice left back.

i know what you mean but we could certainly do a lot worse. say goodbye to any hopes of getting someone as good as enrique like, we'd have to pay silly money to do that.

Why Liverpool though?  They're not a big club anymore!   Not going to win anything for a long time, fans are c***s and financial uncertainty!  It's like when Zog 'promoted' himself to Wigan.  Look where that got him!

I really hope we continue to progress and one day have European football while Carroll and Jose look on from home in Merseyside...

I'm sorry, but, in my opinion, they are. Ok they don't have a team of world beaters anymore, but they have a big reputation and a massive fanbase and despith them not qualifying for the champions league for a couple of years players would pretty much always choose LFC, ufortunately.

Does this make him a c*** like Given ?

Dunno :dontknow:

He hasn't jumped ship, so no. It's just ashame if he does go, and it wold be even more difficult to swallow if it was to Liverpool